Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree. I'm pretty far into the game now and so far its most glaring shortcoming is the spastic AI. Sometimes it's too all-seeing and very tough, and sometimes (as is the case with the marines in the game) it's kinda...dumb. It's surprisingly a step down from the AI in Crysis. There are a few rare moments in which enemies acted rather impressively, but I wish it happened more often.

But all that kinda fades for me when I slide into an enemy, grab them and punt them 25 yards into the air. Awesome.

Usually I don't mind such things, but the game's so damn good otherwise.

It is pretty shocking how unpolished games are these days. Gone are the n64 days where everything ran smooth with hardly any visual hickups and glitches. Think some of the best games that actually feel finished are dead space 1 & 2. Probably are alot more but can't think of them at the mo.

It is pretty shocking how unpolished games are these days. Gone are the n64 days where everything ran smooth with hardly any visual hickups and glitches.

20071228_n64superman641.jpg

playing the 360 version right now, I have to say this is a great game both campaign and multi player.
One of the best games to come out for a while :)

It is pretty shocking how unpolished games are these days. Gone are the n64 days where everything ran smooth with hardly any visual hickups and glitches. Think some of the best games that actually feel finished are dead space 1 & 2. Probably are alot more but can't think of them at the mo.

Well not all games are unpolished. Developers have the crutch of updating and patching now after the game goes gold. Before this feature was available the game would ship with glitches and bugs and not have any fixes unless it was fixed in later versions of the game. And we would be stuck with essentially a broken game. So this is both a good and bad thing.

I think there are a lot of games that feel polished...the Uncharted series, Ratchet and Clank Future series are two of my favorite that run beautifully.

I definitely want to pick this one up for PS3 this week, almost cracked and bought it today but opted for some new Blu-Ray movies, Terminator and Gremlins.

Thanks, Kaz! I'm definitely using this.

I also want to mention that the standard difficulty is a bit too easy. I recommend everyone bump it up a notch if you're experienced with shooters.

V1.6 is out now!

So far I've been able to adjust & balance the various settings to my preference. Getting a steady 25-30fps while maintaining the game's visual quality is a blast.

It's really a shame that crytek didn't include this options in the first place. That said, rumour is that the DX11 patch will be out within this 2 days.

Shucks that I can't run DX11....

V1.6 is out now!

So far I've been able to adjust & balance the various settings to my preference. Getting a steady 25-30fps while maintaining the game's visual quality is a blast.

It's really a shame that crytek didn't include this options in the first place. That said, rumour is that the DX11 patch will be out within this 2 days.

Shucks that I can't run DX11....

My pc would probably lock up if I tried running DX10 at anything close to good graphics settings. :lol

I hear that the DX11 patch will include a full graphics settings menu instead of the crappy one that came with launch. I think they'll have to really surprise us to beat the one you linked to the other day. I managed to tweak and improve my performance a good amount. Thanks again!

Despite all the hub bub about the graphics and AI, hows the gunplay itself?

I only played 2 rounds of the multiplayer demo. Is the gun game tight? I like how it looks when watching video reviews and trailers.

I'm playing the game on PC so I probably can't answer your question exactly, Starkiller (though I did try it with the 360 pc pad plugged in once), but I found the multiplayer demo controls laggy and sluggish but the final game is tight and fast.

I'd like to hear what you think about the mechanics and suit modes. You should give it a try.

Also, I just want to say that the M2014 gauss rifle is my favorite gun in the game. It makes a really powerful sound when it's fired.

The gunplay is perfect IMO. It feels, looks and sounds fantastic. My only gripe is the cloaking..love it in the campaign...not a big fan of it online. I'm good with everything else.

Plasmid - Glad u liked it!!! but honeslty, I think deep down we all wished we have a monster rig to run the game without tweaking...if only upgrading was cheap =P

Gunplay is fantastic, from the recoils to the sound. Everything feels right.

Back