Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well since no one on the crysis forums can help me maybe someone on here with some good computer smarts can help

I just want to say I had no problems running the demo at all, ran perfect on hardcore. so bought the game threw steam and it lock up on the crytech screen and I can find a way around it. I have to reboot the computer everytime buy holding down the power button. I cant even back out of the game! It just locks up

my video card drivers and DX are all up to date and i have no problems running anything else (COD:BO, Homefront, BF:BC2 ect)

my system stats are

Alienware m15x
i7, 4gb ram, ati 5850 1gb (11.2 drivers)
Win 7 64bit

any help would be much appreciated if anyone knows anything :)

had to buy it on 360 to tie me over, loving it for 360 but would love to play it on my pc

Not sure. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? If that doesn't work, try rolling back your drivers to the previous edition.

Not sure. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? If that doesn't work, try rolling back your drivers to the previous edition.

ya ive tried that no luck

i didnt roll back drivers yet, but now it says my drivers are crashing then i get a blue screen and memory dump and windows restarts

again everything else runs perfect except crysis 2

not sure what it is but i still cant get past the crytech screen without a total crash

Yeah try rolling back the drivers. Btw the 11.4 preview drivers are available. Not sure if it will give any major improvements but if all else fails, a try wouldn't hurt. Also, try disabling forced/adaptive anti-aliasing and Catalyst AI in your video cards control panel (CCC).

If your pc is locking up and you're getting the blue screen it could be a memory problem.

So from most accounts that I've seen, the PS3 version is inferior to the 360 version.

At least I know which system I'll be purchasing it for...once it drops in price, of course.

I don't like feeding PS3 vs. 360 arguments, but I've been reading a detailed comparison and analysis from trusted site Lens of Truth and their results indicate that when it comes to framerate, the 360 version is definitely more stable. But everything else isn't as clear cut.

The PS3 version has V-sync turned on, which eliminates any screen-tearing or visual glitches caused by frame rate. The 360 version does not and has noticeably more screen tearing.

Aside from that I really can't see anything but marginal graphical differences in either versions. But then again, I'm playing on PC, the master race of platforms in terms of graphics. :D

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/S-9_abmeikM&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/S-9_abmeikM&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Full detailed rundown: https://www.lensoftruth.com/analysis/feature-crysis-2-frame-rate-analysis/

Yeah try rolling back the drivers. Btw the 11.4 preview drivers are available. Not sure if it will give any major improvements but if all else fails, a try wouldn't hurt. Also, try disabling forced/adaptive anti-aliasing and Catalyst AI in your video cards control panel (CCC).

If your pc is locking up and you're getting the blue screen it could be a memory problem.

ya i tried 11.4 the other night but it doesnt work on laptops so i went back to 11.2 ill try CCC but its weird if its a memory problem wouldnt other games be crashing too i have everything else running at max with no issues what so ever

this is the first time a steam game wont run for me

For PC Players - have any of you solve the problem of having to key in your serial code every time u log into multiplayer?

So from most accounts that I've seen, the PS3 version is inferior to the 360 version.

At least I know which system I'll be purchasing it for...once it drops in price, of course.

Really? Most of the head to head comparison I've seen in screenshot or video the PS3 is always the better looking one hands down. The PS3 has a nice depth of field to it and softness to it and the 360 everything is in focus and has a bit too much contrast.

Not everything you see is always crisp and clear as if it's 5 feet away from you.

Last edited:
ya i tried 11.4 the other night but it doesnt work on laptops so i went back to 11.2 ill try CCC but its weird if its a memory problem wouldnt other games be crashing too i have everything else running at max with no issues what so ever

this is the first time a steam game wont run for me

Clarification, it could be a memory problem when Crysis 2 attempts to access it. But I'm not 100% sure because the game hasn't been out for long and if there are big problems of any kind they haven't been confirmed to be affecting players on a collective level.

But keep posting your progress.

For PC Players - have any of you solve the problem of having to key in your serial code every time u log into multiplayer?

Try this: (click)

Cry-Tom from MyCrysis community boards said:
We are aware that some people are experiencing an issue with their Crysis 2 multiplayer key. A patch to fix issue will be made available soon but in the mean time here is an easy work around solution;

1. Load Crysis 2, go to multiplayer and type in your key
2. Navigate back to Single Player
3. Go back into multiplayer and re-enter your key

After completing these 3 steps your multiplayer key will be saved and you will not be required to re-enter it. If you complete these steps and it still does work post here and let us know. Please ensure carefully that you follow the steps above before reporting an issue.

Really? Most of the head to head comparison I've seen in screenshot or video the PS3 is always the better looking one hands down. The PS3 has a nice depth of field to it and softness to it and the 360 everything is in focus and has a bit too much contrast.

Not everything you see is always crisp and clear as if it's 5 feet away from you.

It looks like PS3 is lower resolution, which is why it might look softer. There isn't any depth of field during the game except for when you aim the gun and during cutscenes. But there's cases in both versions where textures are sharper on one over the other. In some places Xbox has better lighting, and that's the only differences I could tell.

Have been playing the 360 version for 3 days, and today I manage to play the PS3 version for 3 hours aswelll and, well there are some differences there:

The 360 has a higher FR and much more Stable while the PS3 version does'nt run very smooth..(with some FR drops) and this is the first and most noticiable thing (and annoying) you,ll see between both versions.
The 360 looks crisp and sharper and the PS3 looks slightly blurry (quinqux and slightly lower resolution) however the PS3 has 0 jaggies.

As far as I have been playing, I did'nt see any other graphic differences (at least noticiable between both versions), The texture, lighting and all effects look incredible in both versions.(maybe the lighting on 360 look sharper and strong than PS3 due the Quinqux on this version)

I have read on the leens of truth review that the 360 has vissible and annoying tearing problems :slap AND THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE:I give my word that you wont see the slightest tearing on this version :lecture You can move the camera quickly up, to down, left to right, and you do'nt see tearing arround.:wink1:

Even on the FR and tearing video comparison they captured, you wont see the smallest tearing in any of the two versions (regardless of what that barometer says)

From now on, lens of truth have lost all my credibility :pfft:

PD: Just forgot, the contrast is different between both versions, but you can fix the weak contrast on the PS3 touching your tv settings (and of course, set the RBG range option as FULL in your PS3)

Last edited:
These comparisons don't matter unless you're playing on both systems. If you're playing this on one system (like most people I'd imagine) it's not important which looks better. It's be nice if we all got a perfect version of the game, but I recommend just enjoying what you've got. The game is awesome and that won't change no matter which system you play it on.

Have been playing the 360 version for 3 days, and today I manage to play the PS3 version for 3 hours aswelll and, well there are some differences there:

The 360 has a higher FR and much more Stable while the PS3 version does'nt run very smooth.. and this is the first and most noticiable thing (and annoying) you,ll see between both versions.
The 360 looks crisp and sharper and the PS3 looks slightly blurry (quinqux and slightly lower resolution) however the PS3 has 0 jaggies.

As far as I have been playing, I did'nt see any other graphic differences (at least noticiable between both versions), The texture, lighting and all effects look incredible in both versions.(maybe the lighting on 360 look sharper and strong than PS3 due the Quinqux on this version)

I have read on the leens of truth review that the 360 has vissible and annoying tearing problems :slap AND THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE:I give my word that you will see not the slightest tearing on this version :lecture You can move the camera quickly up, to down, left to right, and you do'nt see tearing arround.:wink1:

Even on the FR and tearing video comparison they captured, you wont see
the smallest tearing in any of the two versions (regardless of what that barometer says)

From now on, lens of truth have lost all my credibility :pfft:

PD: Just forgot, the contrast is different between both versions, but you can fix the lower contrast on the PS3 touching your tv settings (and of course, set the RBG range option as FULL in your PS3)

I Agree, I have not seen any tearing at all on my game.
and as Far as the Diffrences I have played both as well and think the Xbox is the one to own of the 2...Now since I own both systems its not to say the PS3 version is horrible, it is just not as nice as the 360 one.

But for those that only own one of the 2 consoles, you will not see the diffrences anyway, so just get the game for your system, either way it's still a great game.

Last edited:
These comparisons don't matter unless you're playing on both systems. If you're playing this on one system (like most people I'd imagine) it's not important which looks better. It's be nice if we all got a perfect version of the game, but I recommend just enjoying what you've got. The game is awesome and that won't change no matter which system you play it on.

Thrust me, you'll notice the FR difference if you play one version and then the other ..(is quite remarkable) other things maybe not, put the FR of course yes.

Besides, we could say that both versions look the same, but If I had to choose, then I'll get the 360 certainly because the most anoying thing (FOR ME) in a shooter is an unstable FR.. :slap

Objectively: The PS3 is'nt bad, of course, but the 360 looks and run better, however if you have only the PS3 system this game is still really, really nice. (top nocht) :wink1:

Edit: Ok, If you have a powerfull PC, then I'll get Crysis2 on that version :rotfl

Last edited:
Thrust me, you'll notice the FR difference if you play one version and then the other ..(is quite remarkable) other things maybe not, put the FR of course yes.

Besides, we could say that both versions look the same, but If I had to choose, then I'll get the 360 certainly because the most anoying thing (FOR ME) in a shooter is an unstable FR.. :slap

Objectively: The PS3 is'nt bad, of course, but the 360 looks and run better, however if you have only the PS3 system this game is still really, really nice. (top nocht) :wink1:

Edit: Ok, If you have a powerfull PC, then I'll get Crysis2 on that version :rotfl

The point I was trying to make to those who can't choose is to just enjoy what you got and not worry about how much better or worse it is compared to what you don't have. If you've got options, that's great, but the people who get uptight about which is better are usually those with one option. They don't like to hear that their version isn't as good as another. Understandable, but you won't even know that unless you sit around listening to people on forums compare. I was going for a positive spin on things. Trying something new.

Did any of you get this game for the PC? If so, what are your computer specs, and how did the game run? I'm just wondering how it will fare on my PC. I have a old Gateway with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ chip (2.2 Ghz), 1 GB RAM :lol, and a GeForce 6800xt graphic card :monkey1. I can play the first Crysis on Medium settings without many problems...

Back