Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Just finished Campaign. I didn't play Crysis 1 but the story in this one is grand and immerses the player so well. I'm impressed. Very adrenaline pumping stuff.

Did any of you get this game for the PC? If so, what are your computer specs, and how did the game run? I'm just wondering how it will fare on my PC. I have a old Gateway with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+ chip (2.2 Ghz), 1 GB RAM :lol, and a GeForce 6800xt graphic card :monkey1. I can play the first Crysis on Medium settings without many problems...

I think you might be able to squeak by with those specs, though I am not sure so don't quote me on that. You were able to run the original Crysis and Crysis 2 is better optimized than the previous game so all signs point to yes, I suppose. The only thing that I'd hesitate about is your ram. The minimum required specs list 2gb of ram. Also, your graphics card needs to be able to support DirectX 9.0c.

To be honest though I think you'd get better mileage from a console copy of the game if that's an option for you.

Crysis 2 minimum system requirements

Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Hard disk space: 9Gb
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 9.0c
Controller support? Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows
Any special multiplayer requirements? Internet Connection Required
Internet connection also required for a one-time authorization when the game installed/first run.

Just threw Crysis in my 360 last night and it's a beautiful game...amazing gameplay too- I love the idea that you can use different tactics and weapons, etc.

If you don't have this, then go buy it!

My copy on the 360 keeps locking up at the same spot. Taking it back for a refund. No excuse for the bugs in this game. I'm apalled.

PC Players that are disappointed with Crysis 2 because they didnt include advanced graphics options, help is here!!!

A user on the steam forums Wasdie created an app that allowed you to tweak all graphics settings. I've tried it and it works really well. He has also constantly been fixing any bugs the app may have as it's already version 1.4

check out his blog for the direct links to download the app.
https://wasdie.blogspot.com/

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Ok so I managed to restart a mission after it kept crashing and it's not done it again since. However the game is far from smooth on the 360 and the enemy AI is shocking. I think this game actually kind of blows.

My copy on the 360 keeps locking up at the same spot. Taking it back for a refund. No excuse for the bugs in this game. I'm apalled.

That has happened to myself and a few of my friends (with other titles), and a few months later the RROD came...
So to make sure it's the game and not the System, install the game to the Hard drive..if the game still locks up then it's the game...if it no longer does..good luck to you because that's the first sign of hardware failure. Starts in the reader overheating (which causes the freeze ingame) and goes from there. You will also notice when you take out the disc it's hot. Another tell tale sign.

Again good luck, hope it's just a bad game.

PC Players that are disappointed with Crysis 2 because they didnt include advanced graphics options, help is here!!!

A user on the steam forums Wasdie created an app that allowed you to tweak all graphics settings. I've tried it and it works really well. He has also constantly been fixing any bugs the app may have as it's already version 1.4

check out his blog for the direct links to download the app.
https://wasdie.blogspot.com/

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks, Kaz! I'm definitely using this.

I also want to mention that the standard difficulty is a bit too easy. I recommend everyone bump it up a notch if you're experienced with shooters.

Really like this game so far, but the A.I. is souring the experience for me. Every time I pop out of cloak, some baddie across the map starts shooting at me.

Seems kind of unrealistic for the soldiers to have such good vision / accuracy. Doesn't make it too difficult or anything, just takes me out of the experience.

Really like this game so far, but the A.I. is souring the experience for me. Every time I pop out of cloak, some baddie across the map starts shooting at me.

Seems kind of unrealistic for the soldiers to have such good vision / accuracy. Doesn't make it too difficult or anything, just takes me out of the experience.

just get yo ass behind cover before it runs out :lol

Just picked up this game last night for the 360 I really am impressed with it gameplay is awsome and the visuals are amazing. I think the ai is pretty decent compared to the other shooters ive played.

Which game has better AI this or Homefront?

I would say that this game has better AI, and just forgot.. if you like MGS mechanics you will really enjoy with Crysis 2 dude .:wink1:

Besides.. I have seen some minor AI problems like soldiers running against a car or a wall :slap, but, this happens very rarely. (maybe a future pach will fixed these minor problems)

Anyways, I finished Crysis 2 main campaign on 360 yesterday and my verdict is: 9.5 SIMPLY ____ING AWESOME!! :lecture

PS: I found very crappy homefront.. :monkey4, however the Multiplayer is nice
ps2: Sorry ..I wrote AI as IA :monkey1 (in spanish: Inteligencia Artificial)

Last edited:
I would say that this game has better IA, and just forgot.. if you like MGS mechanics you will really enjoy with Crysis 2 dude .:wink1:

Besides.. I have seen some minor IA problems like soldiers running against a car or a wall :slap, but, this happens very rarely. (maybe a future pach will fixed these minor problems)

Anyways, I finished Crysis 2 main campaign on 360 yesterday and my veredict is: 9.5 SIMPLY ____ING AWESOME!!:lecture

PS: I found very crappy homefront.. :monkey4, however the Multiplayer is nice

Yeah that seems to be verdict for most people playing HF, they all wished they had waited for Crysis 2 to drop.

Anyway I just purchased from Amazon for the PS3. They had a $10 credit with any order.

Last edited:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JBmyq67M7S8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back