Crysis 2 (For PC, PS3, and Xbox 360)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting into the good part of the game, where the alien invasion is in full force. Love detaching HMG and using it to blast even the heavy aliens into pieces real fast.

To be honest, I think Crysis 1 is better--at least with single player

The levels here are too linear, and the game design in general seems like a step back

Never played it, most likely never will. The game is tight and hard. I find myself dying a lot because I keep dicking around with stealth kills.

Has anyone got the Nano Edition? The figure seems pretty nice from the photos, but that's what I thought about the Alien Egg...
Is it worth it when in hand?

Got it and yes, it's a good figure. The light up feature works well.

To be honest, I think Crysis 1 is better--at least with single player

The levels here are too linear, and the game design in general seems like a step back

I think the exact opposite. While Crysis 1 has big environments, it got bored for me pretty fast.

Actually, both Crysis 1 & 2 are pretty similar. Go frm point A to B, kill a bunch of ppl/retrieve information, go to next point. In Crysis 1, suit powers were more limited, limiting the amount of ways you can approach n kill an enemy.

And dont get me started on Koreans speaking english.........that was just irritating, had to use cheats to change it to korean.

With Crysis 1, the suit powers didn't last as long, which was one thing that I didn't like. But it had a lot of great events. With Crysis 2, there's no real bosses, nothing like the big battles from the first one. And the ending was rather dull. I liked the part where part of New York gets torn and lifted into the air, but the gameplay is pretty much the same throughout the game. I liked with the first, you had a good part in just the island jungle type stuff, then you had the parts in the alien ship, and then when everything was freezing. And of course the part on the aircraft carrier was awesome. There's no parts in Crysis 2 that are memorable like that. And the story was so boring to try and follow, and if you did follow it, it was pretty poorly done.

I think the exact opposite. While Crysis 1 has big environments, it got bored for me pretty fast.

Actually, both Crysis 1 & 2 are pretty similar. Go frm point A to B, kill a bunch of ppl/retrieve information, go to next point. In Crysis 1, suit powers were more limited, limiting the amount of ways you can approach n kill an enemy.

And dont get me started on Koreans speaking english.........that was just irritating, had to use cheats to change it to korean.

Well duh, or else how could the english speakers of the world understand it!?

Though it would probably be freakier if we didn't know what they were saying.

This game really isn't anything special IMO. It's certainly not bad and it looks and sounds nice but I'm actuallly kind of bored of it. Probably near the end though.

Well duh, or else how could the english speakers of the world understand it!?

Though it would probably be freakier if we didn't know what they were saying.

Obviously, u've never play the first game & you didnt know how bad it was.

It's fine if the Leader of their group knows english, most world leaders do know how to speak english aside from their mother tongue....but their normal soldiers, I dont think all of them would know English, would they? In the game, all they do is shout, "stupid yankee" "I kill you"

Also, there is always the options of subtitles.

And if you played hard mode in Crysis 1, all Koreans speak korean so that you dont know how they are going to attack you or whether they have spotted you. To me, it's just the way it was meant to be played.

Last edited:
What I like about this game is you have various tactical options and different ways to play to game. In most other shooters, it's get from point a to b by shooting waves of enemies. In crysis of course you go from waypoint to waypoint but you do can approach it from various play styles...you can flank the enemy, use stealth to slip by them, take them head on guns blazing. I like that adaptability to the players style.

The only thing I don't care for much is multiplayer. It's fun at times but frustrating most of the time. Instead of relying on good aim, timing, and reflexes such as COD it all depends on how high your rank is and what armor or stealth mode you have unlocked. I can pump over a full clip into an enemy, yet if they have a higher armor mode it does nothing and they just turn around and pop me in the head.

I don't know how long the lasting appeal will be.

What I like about this game is you have various tactical options and different ways to play to game. In most other shooters, it's get from point a to b by shooting waves of enemies. In crysis of course you go from waypoint to waypoint but you do can approach it from various play styles...you can flank the enemy, use stealth to slip by them, take them head on guns blazing. I like that adaptability to the players style.

Yeah, you have many options there.. but the AI problems an bugs sometimes ruins the experience :(

I,m on my second run , and can't remember a game with so many stupid AI bugs and gliches.. (My first run was fine , but this second one is a hell of bugs!! :monkey1)

Yeah, you have many options there.. but the AI problems an bugs sometimes ruins the experience :(

I,m on my second run , and can't remember a game with so many stupid AI bugs and gliches.. (My first run was fine , but this second one is a hell of bugs!! :monkey1)

I haven't had much trouble with the human enemies, it's mostly the aliens that get stuck in walls or just hang out.

I don't mind as it's an easy kill and an easy 100 nano points.

I gave multiplayer a shot and I already know that it's not for me. The nano-suit abilities seemed like they would add an interesting element to the standard multiplayer FPS fare but I don't like the tiered system that relies on ranking, as Starkiller just mentioned above.

I think a cooperative mode or Horde mode (like from GoW) would've been great. Without that my experience online will be shortlived.

Right now my biggest problems with Multiplayer is Hackers.

Getting killed by someone cloak or have better armour strength, that I can deal with. But getting killed by aimbots/wallhacks/unlimited energy hacks. That sucks totally.

If not multiplayer is actually quite enjoyable and there is always a counter to a suit power e.g nanovision against stealth. And this game really discourages camping as you have to collect dog tags to activate your killstreaks (unless u have the auto retriever perk)

Traded this in today. Just too damn buggy. Unfortunately I traded it for Motorstorm Apocalypse as that's a steaming pile too. Will be trading that in tomorrow.

Finished up Crysis 2 last night and have to say I was genuinely impressed. I do not play a lot of FPS (not into COD at all) but I do dig Halo and Resistance. I played the original Crysis several years ago on my roommate's computer and loved it so I was really looking forward to playing the sequel. All in all I enjoyed Crysis 2 more than the original and now I've got to start playing multiplayer plus I plan to play the campaign several more times. I just love how you can do so many different things to get through the game. Plus I totally dig the story. The third Crysis cannot get here soon enough for me.

Back