Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick pics of mine. Mine is also cracked in the same place as everyone elses.

Bor1.jpg

bor2.jpg

bor3.jpg

bor4.jpg

Nice shots all. Post those numbers in the tracking thread.

Who cares ? Really Josh, I'm surprised by your comment.

I care when I pay 59 € VAT for an exclusive that is not the exclusive I ordered in the first place.
I care when I could have saved $20 more by ordering this "new" regular edition with raised arm from a retailer instead of direct from Sideshow.
And I care when promotion materials and products themselves are changed without any notice to the customers, leaving them no choice to keep or not to keep their orders.

I understand that it sucks for those in the EU as you could have ordered different.

Nice shots all. Post those numbers in the tracking thread.

I understand that it sucks for those in the EU as you could have ordered different.

Same for people in canada.
I paid the statue 250$us + 25$us shipping + 50$can for duties and taxes. Dont forget the currency us/can, so that means i paid approx. 340$can to get the exclusive with raise arm while i could get it from a dealer in canada for approx 250$can including shipping!!!

That 90$can throw away.:eek:

And now if i want to ship it back, i'll have to pay the shipping california and dont think sideshow will refund the duty and taxes that i paid.

Already sent my pics to the return department yesterday about the broken straps and lazy eyes but now they'll ear about me again for the raise arm no more the Ex. :mad:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hello fellow collectors. I'm quite new here. Boromir Ex #448 has arrived here in Sydney today. It's my latest addition to the SS maquette line which I've concentrated on collecting. It's my No. 6 maquette (after Arwen). It's a very nice statue, however, just like most of you, a few heartaches for me :(. Yes, the arm straps are also broken for me, Boromir's hair has a very minor hairline crack (which I think SS won't bother replacing), however, my biggest heartache is this major chip on Boromir's shoulder guards/plates on the raised arm. I have not had any problems with my previous orders, this is the first. So I wonder can anyone tell me please whom should I contact on SS so I can send the pictures of the damaged part and ask for a replacement? :slap Much appreciated. Thank you!

I have all of my maquettes displayed with the exclusive option, but Boromir is going to have his sword raised, even if that is now technically the regular configuration. I just like it better.

:exactly:

I ordered the EX based on the raised up arm. I personally think it looks way better than the regular or now exclusive I suppose. Bring on the Ringwraith!

Hello fellow collectors. I'm quite new here. Boromir Ex #448 has arrived here in Sydney today. It's my latest addition to the SS maquette line which I've concentrated on collecting. It's my No. 6 maquette (after Arwen). It's a very nice statue, however, just like most of you, a few heartaches for me :(. Yes, the arm straps are also broken for me, Boromir's hair has a very minor hairline crack (which I think SS won't bother replacing), however, my biggest heartache is this major chip on Boromir's shoulder guards/plates on the raised arm. I have not had any problems with my previous orders, this is the first. So I wonder can anyone tell me please whom should I contact on SS so I can send the pictures of the damaged part and ask for a replacement? :slap Much appreciated. Thank you!

oh my gosh that's terrible :( from the photo it look like his armor has come off? not only chipped?
contact Sideshow hardyakka i'm sure they can send you a replacement arm. from what i've read they don't seem to be replacing the statue, just offering refunds. reading posts like yours makes me worry that my Boromir will come with major faults but it's such a great looking statue, i guess i'll have to take a chance :ohbfrank:

........... Here's the issue. The sword blade wasn't properly glued into the hand, and it is at a noticeably different angle from the grip:

boromir1.jpg

Ideally, I would love to be able to just replace that one piece, but I haven't contacted Sideshow yet to see if that would even be possible.

What do you all think? Would that drive you crazy, or am I just being too OCD about it?

yes, that would drive me crazy :slap and no you are not being OCD :)

contact Sideshow, when i emailed them about my concerns of recieving only 1 sword they replied
"Thank you for your order with Sideshow Collectibles. We offer a 30-day guarantee on our products. If you have any issues when receiving your Boromir Exclusive Statue item please contact our Returns Department at [email protected]. They will be able to get you the correct missing pieces or replace anything that does not arrive as you ordered it."

Hello guys:wave
a question:
hair and beard are the same color? photos appear in a different color
thanks for the clarification

oh my gosh that's terrible :( from the photo it look like his armor has come off? not only chipped?
contact Sideshow hardyakka i'm sure they can send you a replacement arm. from what i've read they don't seem to be replacing the statue, just offering refunds. reading posts like yours makes me worry that my Boromir will come with major faults but it's such a great looking statue, i guess i'll have to take a chance :ohbfrank:

Yeah BB, what could have been an impeccable statue turned out to be flawed. :( It's chipped from that piece of "metal" protruding on his shoulder guards. I'll be happy if they could replace the raised arm coz that's the only part that's damaged, and that being the Ex, which now I know after reading the comments isn't anymore. And the hair of Boromir too, but only hairline fracture-I can live with it. I've e-mailed SS already with the pics, now waiting for a + reply. And I won't return the whole thing, the postage will be too high coming from Oz. When's yours due to arrive? Hope you get a good statue. And show us some pictures.

Yeah BB, what could have been an impeccable statue turned out to be flawed. :( It's chipped from that piece of "metal" protruding on his shoulder guards. I'll be happy if they could replace the raised arm coz that's the only part that's damaged, and that being the Ex, which now I know after reading the comments isn't anymore. And the hair of Boromir too, but only hairline fracture-I can live with it. I've e-mailed SS already with the pics, now waiting for a + reply. And I won't return the whole thing, the postage will be too high coming from Oz. When's yours due to arrive? Hope you get a good statue. And show us some pictures.

it's not due to ship until at least the 14th when my waitlist converts. according to Sideshow's reply to me, they should replace the arm that is damaged. i wouldn't let my order go thru if they didn't promise that they can replace the magnetic arms.
i recieved 2 emails today saying Boba Fett 1:6 is arriving to Sideshow's warehouse in 17 days and Juggernaut in 10 days! :google they are all arriving at once!

Got mine today. He really looks beautiful. BUT:
1. My one strap is also broken, like many of yours. It is not completely broken, just badly bent. So if it comes off completely I will just glue it back on. Bloody annoying though. I pay for a statue to at least be in one piece. :gah:
2. The head sits VERY loosely on the body. Does anyone else have this problem? It is not noticeable really, but it irritates me. :gah:

I think the problem everyone is having with broken pieces is a result of really *&^% packaging. I didn't even know which side was supposed to face up when I opened the polystyrene box (its usually clear as day with other pieces I've received). As Murphy would have it, I opened the thing upside down, with poor Boromir falling out of his socket. :slap Some of the other pieces were so tightly squeezed in their holes that I was scared they would break by taking them out, like the flag and his switch-out arm.

I'm happy with it for the most part though. Nothing wrong with the likeness and the statue is beautifully crafted. The flag looks amazing. Aside from the issues mentioned above, which is not a result of sculpt or paint (for a change), he takes the top spot in the line so far IMO, with Gimli. :hi5:

Whoever got his waitlist converted today - You are welcome.
People say that we should not take crap from Sideshow, blah blah blah, yet do nothing about.
Well, I canceled mine, and let them know in the 'comments' area, why they are not getting my money for this piece.

This guy is supposed to come with only one sword hand right??

Bunnies post about receiving only one sword has me confused and wondering if I'm missing something.

Back