Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EX # 254 is here, just as I expected he is the best from the maquette line :rock

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

2urkpw4.jpg

o7irn9.jpg

2e2mfqo.jpg

Damn, mine is broken too just like tomandshell.

Contacting SS for a replacement, i hope they wont offer me a refund.

Pictures of mine. I've emailed them. If they don't authorize a replacement body I can promise they'll hear an earfull on the phone.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

in response to all the broken pieces; make sure you are voicing your dislike for SS current handling of this situation specifically to SS, they need to hear this.

Actually mine also has the same issue on the exact same thing like others except mine is not broken but has a small crack. It's not noticeable from the front, and I can hardly see it from the back. So it's not a big deal for me, I may just keep it.

I think Sideshow's biggest mistake on this one is having the left arm attach to the body so when that small thing is broken people need a replacement for the whole body :(

EX # 254 is here, just as I expected he is the best from the maquette line :rock

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

For Gondor...

2e2mfqo.jpg

Love the pic! That said, it's a shame Boromir does not have the Fellowship clothing. It would look much better. :(

Actually mine also has the same issue on the exact same thing like others except mine is not broken but has a small crack. It's not noticeable from the front, and I can hardly see it from the back. So it's not a big deal for me, I may just keep it.

I think Sideshow's biggest mistake on this one is having the left arm attach to the body so when that small thing is broken people need a replacement for the whole body :(

They should have sculpted the straps to the body rather than have them sticking out. It's just asking for trouble in my opinion...

It's a disgrace that sideshow acts like that !

I have always bought directly from Sideshow to have a better customer service even if it's more expensive ... but if they apply this new policy, i'll really have to think about it and reconsider that.

This statue is really far from the proto and some choices like those little fragile things on boromir's arms doesn't look very wise !

I disagree with that, this statue is very close to the proto, other than the break or crack on that small strap, this beauty is almost perfect. The detail is amazing and the paint is good.

2urkpw4.jpg

o7irn9.jpg

Per SS website:

We guarantee that every item we sell directly will give you complete satisfaction or you may return it for a replacement or for a refund of the purchase price* (US$), within 30 days of receipt of the item. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU OPEN ALL MERCHANDISE UPON RECEIPT TO INSPECT IT IN ORDER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS POLICY.

*If the purchase is being returned for any other reason than those previously stated, the buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges, including those to return the item(s) to us. Refunds will be the purchase price minus any applicable shipping charges.

okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
They should have sculpted the straps to the body rather than have them sticking out. It's just asking for trouble in my opinion...

Yeah I agree, but the straps on the right arm are good, nobody is having an issue with the straps on the right arm, I think that's because it's not attached to the body so it makes it less fragile for shipping.

Yeah I agree, but the straps on the right arm are good, nobody is having an issue with the straps on the right arm, I think that's because it's not attached to the body so it makes it less fragile for shipping.

Yea good point. As I was opening mine I noticed the styrofoam wasn't completely shut when taped. May have to do with the break

This outside of the issue some are having looks amazing. That group shot looks really awesome I can't wait. :rock

Anybody knows what kind of glue i could use to fix this?
A good one, Im ok to pay a little.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Back