Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...wow I gotta say its rather annoying not being able to play when I want to play. Its been 2 days for me now...I guess there was a reason I always chose COD games over BF. I like this BF3 and I see alot of potential, but I also see alot they still need to work on.

It'll be like BC2. In a couple weeks, it'll run perfectly. In the meantime, it's a hassle but worth it IMO.

Haha, thats because a majority will be sick of connectivity issues and trade it in for MW3 (stupid imo) so the stress on the ____ty servers will be less. :lol

People who like BF will like BF even when they can't get into games. They also know the drill when it comes to EA launches. Theyll stick it out and enjoy the game. Sure, the CoD nuts who bought BF to test it will be gone, but they'll be gone anyway as soon as they realize this isnt exactly like CoD.

*** UBER GAMER NEWB ALERT ***

I just got this for PS3 today, which I primarily use for BluRay; we have a few games, but I didn't realize that multi-player wouldn't be like Black Ops. :dunno Instead it appears even if I want to play against my son, I have to be in the PS network.

Anyway, after starting the disk it says that there is an update 1.01 and when I attempt to install it basically times out ... I get error 80710723, if that helps you experts diagnose it. I have internet connection just fine, and signed into the PS network; but for some reason I cannot get this to work. I entered the code that came with the game in my PSN account ... I am frustrated?!

Anyone help this greenie? :pray:

Yeah im not trading it in, and you can call me a newb. I dont care I got tough skin. I just want to play when I want to play I cant stand having to wait or it telling me try again later...what the ____ is that about.

So is what I am describing a result of overloaded servers? :dunno

ARGH! :monkey4 I feel so old, I can't keep up with my 4th grader. :panic: :lol :rotfl

Yeah im not trading it in, and you can call me a newb. I dont care I got tough skin. I just want to play when I want to play I cant stand having to wait or it telling me try again later...what the ____ is that about.

IF you are a nub, there's nothing wrong with that. Every game needs new blood. I just get annoyed with the CoD lifers who come to BF as nubs and bash the game simply because it's not CoD. That's just sad. Your beef with the servers is legit and a real shame as it does leave a lousy impression on gamers...especially those that are new to the series.

So is what I am describing a result of overloaded servers? :dunno

ARGH! :monkey4 I feel so old, I can't keep up with my 4th grader. :panic: :lol :rotfl

I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm on the box. It could potentially be traffic though. I'd imagine a lot of people have picked the game up in the last two days and are bogging things down.

I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm on the box. It could potentially be traffic though. I'd imagine a lot of people have picked the game up in the last two days and are bogging things down.

Thanks for trying :hi5:, it is a real crisis though to find out you have become your parents .... I remember mine freaking out over the original Nintendo! :lol :panic: :panic: :lol

You can do it in the store.

Thanks for that Spliff..:slap Really you should be able to do it in game, but anyway.:cuckoo:
Code redeemed and playing online, so far haven't come accross any probs and I'm really enjoying it. Just been playing team death match...AWESOME!!!:hi5:

Sounds like with all the server issues I am not missing anything, at least I know they should be good by the time I actually get to play, to bad I will now be 2 weeks behind everyone else.

Thanks for trying :hi5:, it is a real crisis though to find out you have become your parents .... I remember mine freaking out over the original Nintendo! :lol :panic: :panic: :lol
Nintendo was simple to fix, you either blew on cartridge until you almost passed out, then did the click it don then up few times quickly and it that failed you stuffed another cartridge on top of the one you wanted to play.:lol

Had another session tonight. Had ****** squad mates, but I got into a game no problem and haven't been disconnected yet. I guess I've been lucky with an EA launch for a change.

A little update on my crashing problems. I'm running the video settings on medium, and haven't had a crash since. The video card is definitely not overheating on high settings, as I'm getting the same temperature measurements (fan speeds adjusted). Hopefully it's something a patch can fix. But for now, I'm happy just to be playing. The game still looks relatively good on medium.

As a sidenote, for all the flack PC's get regarding performance issues, I haven't had a single server problem like the consoles are experiencing. How widespread is that problem?

How widespread is that problem?

I haven't had any server problems on PS3 apart from a twenty-minute period earlier today where it wouldn't connect. About three times I've lost the connection mid-game too, but other than that it's all been fine here.

A little update on my crashing problems. I'm running the video settings on medium, and haven't had a crash since. The video card is definitely not overheating on high settings, as I'm getting the same temperature measurements (fan speeds adjusted). Hopefully it's something a patch can fix. But for now, I'm happy just to be playing. The game still looks relatively good on medium.

As a sidenote, for all the flack PC's get regarding performance issues, I haven't had a single server problem like the consoles are experiencing. How widespread is that problem?

Not sure if it will help but try downloading tweaked drivers available at https://www.tweakforce.com/

Think of it as an add on driver that does minor improvements to the current drivers. I call it an add on cos you need to have the original Nvidia or AMD drivers already installed. I've been using it on my previous GPU GT330 & it has always helped improve my FPS a little as well as minor issues. Now that I've switch over to a Radeon 6870, I still use their tweaked drivers and so far its working great.

Back