E3 2013 - Info and General Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft didn't explain itself about all those online and used game stuff. Lots of FPS stuff that will be quickly forgotten once COD: Ghost hits the market.

The crowds silent reaction to the price of $499.99 was hilarious to me! Lets see what Sony does in respond to Microsoft's offering. If they show more variety in games and have a lower price point.

What's there to explain.
https://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

This is what worries me about the trade in thing. Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games. I can see quite a few publishers getting very greedy and not allow trade in on their games. Like EA.

Is there any confirmation about all those 24 hour internet check ups? So many back and forth resource says this and other says that.

* Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time. *

This sounds to me like giving 9 free copies of a game is that right? If you got 10 friends/family members looking to save money, have each person buy 10 different games and share it all! Less money for developers! Will I need that 24 hour internet check up too? If I don't have internet at some place trying to play a shared game will I be able to play it?

This is what worries me about the trade in thing. Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games. I can see quite a few publishers getting very greedy and not allow trade in on their games. Like EA.

Of course every game publisher is going to tick the 'no trady's allowed' box :rotfl

I can only see some of the very small boutique developers allowing trading in the future.

Little Bahamut what do you mean? On xbox's own blog they confirmed no online = no videogames and it needs to do a check once every 24 or if your on a friends Xbox every hour

Back