Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cool thing about this game is that some crazy stuff can happen that just can't happen in COD. Because of how much more there is than just shooting things.

For instance I was just fooling around and was going to run over one of my teammates that was running for a helicopter, he got into the helicopter in time but I hit it with the jeep and it sort of leaned over, then when he took off he crashed into the building next to him since he was pointed to the side.

Or like getting my tank stuck while an enemy tries to take me out. It's just much more fun.

1 day left for me until i get my hands on BF3! never played BF before so thought id give this one a try to tie me down until MW3 comes out! looks like much more thought has gone into this game compared to MW3 which to me looks the same as mw2 but with new maps

Like the reviews and people on here have said, dont just play the single player and cast it away. This is totally a multiplayer game and im sure you will love it.
Im getting mine tomorrow morning. Day off work and cant wait.
Also if its your firs BF game, once you have had it a while, pick up a copy of bad company 2 and the vietnam pack.
Still will be a blast to play, still will look pretty great and you should get it pretty cheap :)
Roll on Friday

So why are you bothering with MW3 then? COD is the Madden or Fifa of FPS games, same old crap every year, minor new features.

Although COD is a little stale and same old which frustrates me, its still a good game especially if you want fast action kills with all your friends playing online.
this is the first year im not going out to get it at launch which has left me sad. Its just the way the franchise has gone and I prefer the more realistic and fun action BF offers.

Has anyone encountered automatically dropping to prone when an enemy runs into you or very near you?

This has happened to me a few times tonight and I swear I did not even press the button to go prone.

Might be a bug. Sme other folks have been complaining abut it.

For instance I was just fooling around and was going to run over one of my teammates that was running for a helicopter, he got into the helicopter in time but I hit it with the jeep and it sort of leaned over, then when he took off he crashed into the building next to him since he was pointed to the side.

Ah so you're one of those types of douchers.

So why are you bothering with MW3 then? COD is the Madden or Fifa of FPS games, same old crap every year, minor new features.

I disagree that Cod is the Fifa....
Before Fifa 7, it was a pile of w@n< but atleast the whole engine has been replaced and has generally got better and allot better form fifa 7.
The overall package now is a great football game.
Iv always been pro evo but its falling behind and losing the magic.
Very much like COD!

The cool thing about this game is that some crazy stuff can happen that just can't happen in COD. Because of how much more there is than just shooting things.

Or like getting my tank stuck while an enemy tries to take me out. It's just much more fun.

:rotfl :bouncin

I was playing last night and finally got a jet, but as I was taking off some jackass flew his jet right into me and caused me to crash. I was pissed at first but then later on I was laughing about it.

I disagree that Cod is the Fifa....
Before Fifa 7, it was a pile of w@n< but atleast the whole engine has been replaced and has generally got better and allot better form fifa 7.
The overall package now is a great football game.
Iv always been pro evo but its falling behind and losing the magic.
Very much like COD!

yep i agree! i was pro evo,until fifa 10 took over! have always been a COD man and always will be,but no harm in having two great MP shooters!!

HMV are doing this game for £2.99 if u trade batman in,batman cost me £25 so im gonna complete the main campaign tonight and trade it tomoz!

COD rules at single player, BF rules at multiplayer. It has always been like that.

COD ruling at single player? When did this happen? Last i checked each campaign has been about 12 minutes long...(and ive played them all since MW1....dont ask me why.....ok MW1 was neat, the Chernobyl levels were awesome)

COD ruling at single player? When did this happen? Last i checked each campaign has been about 12 minutes long...(and ive played them all since MW1....dont ask me why.....ok MW1 was neat, the Chernobyl levels were awesome)

It's good enough for me to want to buy MW3 solely for the campaign. MW1 and MW2 had A LOT of great moments.

Got this last night and had a blast, but I was disappointed I had to pay $10 to play online since I'm getting this through Gamefly. Anybody know if MW3 is going to have this online pass BS?

Also, I must say that jets are a blast, but difficult to get any kills with. I was actually on a roll and took out an enemy jet, but then I u-turned to stay in bounds and my team mate flew right into me blowing both of us up.

these. servers. blow.

TBH, I've been pleasantly surprised. When BC2 launched, it was impossible for me to get into games and when I did the lag made it unplayable. This is a bigger launch and I'm actually playing. EA still managed to botch the launch a bit, but what else is new. Be sur to try the manual search for servers too.

...wow I gotta say its rather annoying not being able to play when I want to play. Its been 2 days for me now...I guess there was a reason I always chose COD games over BF. I like this BF3 and I see alot of potential, but I also see alot they still need to work on.

Yeah, but they shoulda been prepped for this. considering their last launch was a failure.

They're never ready. I predicted that months ago. They launch a game without the proper support and then spend the next few weeks trying to catch up to the demand. It's ridiculous. Im still lucky enough to be getting games, but I can relate.

Back