Army of Two going offline....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
Looks like E.A. is doing more of the same by pulling online support for more of their games. I actually liked this one too, but I guess E.A. feels that anything more than 2 years old isn't worth supporting.

https://kotaku.com/5820518/death-re...y-of-two-battlefield-2-skate-and-more-offline

Electronic Arts is performing another round of "online service shutdowns," taking dozens of multiplayer games and demos offline forever. So, if you're still playing Army of Two or Skate online, you won't have the option much longer.

The latest round of shutdowns affects games on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii and PSP, spanning sports titles, shooters and driving games. The deactivation of EA's online servers for the following games hits in two waves, one in early August, the other in early October.

Make peace with the following games. Get the remaining trophies and achievements you need. Say goodbye to your multiplayer pals.

August 11, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

Army of Two for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Army of Two Demo for Xbox 360
Battlefield 2142 Demo for PC
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox 360
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat Demo for Xbox 360
Medal of Honor Airborne for PlayStation Portable
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for PlayStation Portable and Wii
NASCAR 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (North America)
NCAA Basketball 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC and Xbox 360
Need for Speed Undercover for PlayStation Portable
Skate for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
October 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

Madden NFL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

I didn't like it so it doesn't really matter to me. I'm almost surprised they're taking down Battlefield 2, except that with BF3 coming out soon it's not so surprising.

I love Army of Two, I didn't play it online much but I've been meaning to for awhile now. I better get on it before it's too late!

That's pretty crappy of them. I don't believe that any game released in a current generation should have its plug pulled until the existing console cycle is over.

IMO it's kind of forcing people to buy the newest release/sequel of a game. Army of Two is somewhat understandable since it's going on 3 years old, but Battlefield 2 is inexcusable.

E.A.--"Oh, you like playing Battlefield 2 online?? Great!! Well, now you have to buy the new game so you can play online."

Taking a demo offline I can understand, but like Wookie said, it definitely feels like their forcing people to buy the newest versions of their games with this tactic. :(

Brink is like this, instead of the Devs shutting it down after a while they built it to work mostly with bots and only find a few human players, who traded the game straight away because of the lag and poor beta testing prior to launch.

So now, its a multiplayer designed game with no players :(

I haven't go LIVE for a while already but I like the AOT games and maybe there's a pt III coming?

Back