Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jye4ever, I think you feel that way because you're playing on a small map. If you put Metro next to Port Valdez or Leguna Presa, it looks tiny and cramped. Put those same maps next to Caspian Border and they look about the same. Its a huge, open map. Kind of like Harvest Day, but with a lot more hills and trees. I don't think the game will feel even a little small when it's out.

The large maps will definately still be huge to play in, and the game will still be a squad based BF game, but everything has been shrunken down, the game now looks like COD to me.

BC2 was bad ass and unique because the world was real sized, everything was meaty.

Just look at the MCOM station compared to BC2, now it's just a little box.

DICE went and made their game a COD looking squad based game. :gah:

I will have to get used to the smaller guns, i loved the big beefy guns of BC2

Exactly.

Not just the guns, everything! :monkey2

The tanks are now going to look like cars :gah:

I understand they wanted to add more details into the world, but they did it at the expense of what made BC1-BC2 look like real places.

For me now, BF3 looks like a videogame.

I am not happy.

Last edited:
Here's a wonderfully amusing video. It cracks me up, the reactions of the people being burned, no idea what's happening. I actually find it a little disturbing, particularly the part where he follows the guy up the stairs.

BF3: 870 + slugs + torching GAMEPLAY in HD - YouTube

this has to be the worst thing I have ever watched. There isnt a shotgun in the world that can reach thoes ranges. Man this game just keeps getting worse and I was looking soooooooo forward to it

I tried the beta yesterday and didn't really care for it. Maybe it's just Rush mode that I'm not into but I found the matches to be long and boring.

I'm going to cancel my pre-order for this game and get Saints Row: The Third instead.

The large maps will definately still be huge to play in, and the game will still be a squad based BF game, but everything has been shrunken down, the game now looks like COD to me.

BC2 was bad ass and unique because the world was real sized, everything was meaty.

Just look at the MCOM station compared to BC2, now it's just a little box.

DICE went and made their game a COD looking squad based game. :gah:

Exactly.

Not just the guns, everything! :monkey2

The tanks are now going to look like cars :gah:

I understand they wanted to add more details into the world, but they did it at the expense of what made BC1-BC2 look like real places.

For me now, BF3 looks like a videogame.

I am not happy.

Now you understand what I was talking about a few days ago. I personally like the look and feel of BC2 way better than this.

Now you understand what I was talking about a few days ago. I personally like the look and feel of BC2 way better than this.

I would have to agree.

I mean, there's more to do in BF3, but to accomplish that I'm not happy with what was sacrificed.

That's if the BC2 look had to even be sacrificed in the first place and this was not just a decision on DICE/EA to make it look like COD just because COD sells alot.

I hope that's not the case.

Last edited:
This looks nothing like COD. It's completely different gameplay, graphics and pace. It's still got that battlefield movement that I know and love, you just don't get stuck on pointless obstacles anymore.

I think some of you are jumping the gun too soon by judging this game based on one map and game mode. The fact that BF3 is as fun as it is on such a small infantry only map says a lot IMO. To me everthing looks great, not as good as I was expecting (on PS3) but still a noticeable improvement.

The other thing to remember is the maps sizes are tailored to the number of players. Bigger isn't always better, there have been some huge maps in the BF series and tbh most of the time they had a lot of wasted space. I understand with bigger maps there is more variety, but there's also a lot of aimless running around for 5 minutes only to get sniped out of nowhere.

There will be variety with the maps in this game. A few large open maps with lots of vehicles, a few tiny, cramped maps with little to no vehicles. And medium sized maps with a small number of vehicles.

I just wish Dice could have found a way to get 32 player matches to work on the consoles. That was my fav size on PC BF's, and I am stuck playing BF3 on PS3.

I would have to agree.

I mean, there's more to do in BF3, but to accomplish that I'm not happy with what was sacrificed.

That's if the BC2 look had to even be sacrificed in the first place and this was just a decision on DICE/EA to make it look like COD just because COD sells alot.

I hope that's not the case.

Bro, I have to admit that I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm with Octo. There's only so much we can learn about BF3 from this beta. Because of it's size and lack of vehicles, this map tells us almost nothing about the game except for how it'll "feel" moving around and shooting. For me personally, the game already feels fantastic. An improvement over BC2 because of the added smoothness of the aiming alone. We all have our own way of seeing and experiencing a game, but I don't understand at all why people are already drawing conclusions about the size and scope of the game. Am I the only one to see Caspian Border footage?

This beta is from the July build. It was already old and outdated before it was even released. It kinda suck that after all that waiting us console players didnt get a better, updated and less glitchy build (especially those of us who got MOH just to play it), but on the bright side this pretty much means the finished game will be nothing like the beta in terms of graphics, glitches and balancing.

Bro, I have to admit that I have no idea what you're talking about.

:lol

It's my own personal demons, one that is difficult to explain. :gah:

It's not the size of the map I was referring too, I'm sure BF3 will have huge open world maps just like in previous BF games. Hell, it has too because there are jets this time.

I was saying that for my eyes the player models, buildings, walls, mcom boxes, guns, everything looks smaller in size than in BC2, in otherwords the game looks like COD now.

I tbink they had to shrink everything down to give the game more details and better lighting etc.

Not saying it looks bad but right now I prefer the look of BC2.

Because I could be wrong, come 10/25 the game will be in my xbox. :lol

Edit: the game is still a hectic fun time, just had an awesome match.

Last edited:
Beta has always been broken. But as it has gone on it's gotten worse. Last night at the first A cashe you couldn't arm or defend it cause you'd fall through the map. People were stuck under the map just picking people off. And I'm talking in everyone of the 10+ rounds I played. But it still isn't worse then all the menu freezes and server fails and not being able to play with your squad the correct way.

It really is the most ill prepared beta I've ever played. It's like they didn't even try.

buttttttttttttttttttt I still love it.

Played it for a bit more today, i've gotta say it's grown on me! One thing I particularly like is how you see the players legs when you jump over obstacles and how you still see the gun when you move in a lying down position. Small things I know but it all adds to the realism. I think i'm definitely gonna get this, I won't play the multiplayer as much as you know who, but i'll still enjoy it.

Jye4ever, I guess that's the part that's throwing me. That you think things are smaller in this game. The guns? Really? I just don't see it, but I can't argue with someones perception, so I won't try. Hopefully it'll grow on you.

Nuka, that glitch at A has always been there. It's just that people have now found a way to exploit it hehe. Cheese. It'll be nice to play this game without a million weird bugs.

I really am garbage at the game but have been having a blast had an awesome experience last night and have been hooked. Definitly going to preorder this.

Jye4ever, I guess that's the part that's throwing me. That you think things are smaller in this game. The guns? Really? I just don't see it, but I can't argue with someones perception, so I won't try. Hopefully it'll grow on you.

Nuka, that glitch at A has always been there. It's just that people have now found a way to exploit it hehe. Cheese. It'll be nice to play this game without a million weird bugs.

The game has been fun, the beta zero problematic for me.

Believe me, I have both BC2 and BF3 up together on 2 TVs (PS3 and Xbox) and I'm looking at a flower pot.

If the flower pot in BC2 is 1/2 scale, the same flower pot in BF3 would be 1/6 scale.

Don't you see it with the weapons, how small they look in comparison to BC2.

I feel like i'm holding toy guns in BF3.

Walk into any room in BC2, the rooms had huge walls, windows, staircases.

Look at how tiny those subway cars are to the train cars in BC2.

BF3 has what I like to call COD escalators. :lol

Now it's all so tiny. :(

Oh well, my complaining isn't going to change anything.

The gameplay is fun but it no longer looks like BF for me.

Last edited:
I can't say I do. It's a first person game, so if an object appears small, it should be bigger when you walk up closer to it. The guns feel like they take up as much of my screen as an other game. I guess it's a perception thing and isn't right or wrong. We just see it differently.

I can't say I do. It's a first person game, so if an object appears small, it should be bigger when you walk up closer to it. The guns feel like they take up as much of my screen as an other game. I guess it's a perception thing and isn't right or wrong. We just see it differently.

:hi5::hi5::hi5:

I have been enjoying the beta, i wonder if this game will have language filters since my son also would like to play as well.

Back