Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to loud background noise yesterday as a cat occasionally meowed. The cats name was 'Chokka.' I hate those idiots who have the microphone on but are not even using it, so you just hear their game and a garbled background hum. I can live with talking, that's a novelty to me and I can accept it, but if you're not talking then unplug it. Do they not know that no talking does not equal silence? It really ruins games for me, I feel like just leaving.

I was looking into it before, on XBOX, as said, you can mute teammates by going into options, selecting specific players, and pressing a button, but following the same steps on PS3 doesn't work at the moment. However, on PS3, if you go into options and click to leave a squad or join another squad, sometimes that seems to work.

As well, in my searching I saw someone say they had success by sending a message saying 'STFU' to everyone on their team and that ended the jibberings of someone who was talking constantly. The trouble is you don't know who's talking, that's why you have to message all. If you could just tell who it is, things would be a lot easier.

Last edited:
So,

how's the beta for Battlefield of Duty going :lol

I'm actually enjoying it. I'm not much of a gamer and all I own is black ops, so I really can't compare this game to others but, I find myself going back to it when I come home from work. What I find weird though is when I join a friends party, it puts me back to level 1 but, when I play solo all my items are back and my level (or rank?) is restored. I hope this is just a beta thing because that would suck.

I'm actually enjoying it. I'm not much of a gamer and all I own is black ops, so I really can't compare this game to others but, I find myself going back to it when I come home from work. What I find weird though is when I join a friends party, it puts me back to level 1 but, when I play solo all my items are back and my level (or rank?) is restored. I hope this is just a beta thing because that would suck.

Don't get all caught up on the leveling and just enjoy the beta for what it is because it's all being reset to zero come 10/25.

Jet footage:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bP8_Dmfbe0&feature=feedu"]BATTLEFIELD 3 JET FOOTAGE (EXCLUSIVE!) - YouTube[/ame]

Hehe, where's the stinger missile when you need it?

I haven't had too many annoying mic issues...except of course for players not using them.

Im quite liking it so far, its unbelievably buggy but i guess thats the purpose of the beta, hopefully all will be good for the finale release. Its a nice change to the frantic, 10 min blast world of cod, one thing i really do miss though when playing BF is the kill cam replays from the perspective of the person that killed you like cod has. There's nothing I hate more than campers.... and nothing I love more than seeing where they are on the replay, marching straight over to them and repaying the favour. Can't say iv noticed the guns being any smaller than in BF2 though?

Im quite liking it so far, its unbelievably buggy but i guess thats the purpose of the beta, hopefully all will be good for the finale release. Its a nice change to the frantic, 10 min blast world of cod, one thing i really do miss though when playing BF is the kill cam replays from the perspective of the person that killed you like cod has. There's nothing I hate more than campers.... and nothing I love more than seeing where they are on the replay, marching straight over to them and repaying the favour. Can't say iv noticed the guns being any smaller than in BF2 though?

Agreed. The fact that this beta can be so much fun and feel so good even with all the problems it has really says something IMO. On a stronger map with out all the bugs, this will be phenomenal. They've confirmed that most of the bugs were fixed before the beta even launched ad they're working hard on bug smashing as we speak. I expect a good sized patch on day one and problem more as time goes by. Dice is doing everything they can to make the game as good as it can be.

If I get in annoying people talking hook up mic, turn volume all the way down mute the mic and set it next to me. Problem solved or join a party by myself.

Been working on a fan made trailer for BF3, finally finished it! :)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XwGNLYe1ZQ"]Battlefield 3: "Beyond Peace" Trailer (Fan Made) - YouTube[/ame]

Playing the Beta on XBox and I have been digging it so far. I have to admit, at first I didn't like it that much, but I think it was just unfamiliarity more than anything else. I played the hell out of BFBC and BFBC2...and BF2 for that matter. It's nice to have the prone position back and I am digging the weapon upgrade system (based on using that weapon). Classes seem a bit more balanced IMO. Overall, I am impressed so far.

BTW, DICE posted on the BF FB page that the Beta is old code, so not to worry about the bugs. It's really just to test the servers.

Just Downloaded BETA, definetly cool, but I think I'll stick with COD. Don't have the time to play 2 Shooters. Though I would like to try the single player campaign out.

Operation firestorm: dice have confirmed the beta is 6 weeks or so old and many changes have been made to the final game. Also listening to people on the blogs and making changes. They have also hinted bad company isnt done and that there could be another BC in less than a year.
Anyway for those who have played the beta and cancled orders, take a look at this. Really captures what Battlefield's all about.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcn8ybvOes"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcn8ybvOes[/ame]

Back