Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Man, you can tell how much special treatment Gregg is getting. I think I counted about two extra light sources on his face for every closeup. :lol Hope he sticks around for awhile!

Extremis is fine when it's not an excuse to utterly obliterate traditional comic book characters, so its not nearly as ****ty here as in IM3... until people can magically sprout from a few burnt nose hairs. Characters were kind of weak and the acting and script was a tad underpar, but as it's been said before, its good enough to get off the ground.

I don't get people complaining about the flying car though. Remember folks, Avengers saw giant floating space slug ships.

I know, we ignore everything else that happens, which isn't remotely possible, but hovering vehicles which are even out there... just not to this extent.

People are out to lunch! OUT TO LUNCH! Also, they just need to find something to ***** at. *****es.

I liked the show. Skye was annoying, though. I put up with her because of her looks. Maybe the idea here is to inspire beautiful little girls to go into computers so that male geeks will have better companions when they come of age, in order to breed better looking female geeks. It's the only possible positive social benefit.

Maybe it is intended to get beautiful women to believe that computers are cool, for the same result.

Skye seems a lot more Valley Girl than silicon valley girl to me.

The scientists should have been more serious to be in SHIELD. the woman was ok, but the guy acted like he was 14.

I would have preferred a 14 year old who acted like he was 30.

I expect more flying cars, jet boots and the like as transportation in these episodes. I want the comic book shield with all the gadgets and Super Hero cameos.
Hopefully CGI can make all this possible within the show's budget.

I liked the show. Skye was annoying, though. I put up with her because of her looks. Maybe the idea here is to inspire beautiful little girls to go into computers so that male geeks will have better companions when they come of age, in order to breed better looking female geeks. It's the only possible positive social benefit.

Tell me you're not serious hon. :lol

Tell me you're not serious hon. :lol

I was joking. :lol
She was all eye candy. She was totally unconvincing as tech oriented character.
"Whose command of the English language was irrelevant."- Agent Coulson

Last edited:

I was joking. :lol
She was all eye candy. She was totally unconvincing as tech oriented character.

To be honest I found them to be all unconvincing. They're too bloody young for my liking for a start. :lol

The only character that really bugs me is Melinda May. She's an obvious stand in for Black Widow, they don't bother giving her any unique skills.

The only character that really bugs me is Melinda May. She's an obvious stand in for Black Widow, they don't bother giving her any unique skills.

That may come with time. She was only suppose to drive, remember? :lol

I liked it, wasn't amazing and it dragged in a few places. Really interested in Coulson and where that goes.

I liked the flying car idea, that was what Howard Stark was unveiling at the expo in Captain America, nice to see he finished it, that's what I imagine anyways.

I forgot about the prototype flying car in CA, that makes Lola doubly cool. Continuity FTW!

The asian chick that voiced Mulan regularly comes to my work. But I don't watch the show and she's nice and looks just as pretty in person

To be honest I found them to be all unconvincing. They're too bloody young for my liking for a start. :lol

Yeah I thought that, all too young and pretty to really seem plausible in these roles, even that villain doctor.

Nevertheless, they were hardly going to cast oldies in a show based on a superhero universe so I guess we'll suspend disbelief.

I dunno...I mean you're saying something complimentary and yet making a generalisation based on race....I think they'd let that one slide though.

It technically is a known cultural thing. They see pearly white skin as more beautiful, instead of the typical western preference of being more tan. So, since they like that whiter skin, they stay out of the sun more which makes they're skin healthier and longer lasting.

It technically is a known cultural thing. They see pearly white skin as more beautiful, instead of the typical western preference of being more tan. So, since they like that whiter skin, they stay out of the sun more which makes they're skin healthier and longer lasting.

...WHUT?
chinaguyAlbino.jpg

BTW guys, I saved DarklordDave's first email contact when I signed on this board. Basically racists comments/offensive comments concerning race are off limits.

The discussion was okay, until Nam posted that pic. (I'm sure he enjoyed himself) So how about you all talk about something else.

Back