Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

I get the feeling that they are just keeping Two and a half men on TV now just to tick off Charlie Sheen. Ashton just stinks and Jon Cryer is great but cannot handle the show by himself.

Just had a chance to see this, the show is awful IMO.
The supporting cast are terrible, they all seem too young and implausible as special agents. There were no real Marvel comic characters in this, Marina Hill is about as close as it gets and it's not enough to call this Marvel. The Extremis stuff just reminded me of the awful IM3 movie. The villain was week and totally uninteresting and the conclusion to his story felt like a cop-out, he should've been sent to prison for murder at least. I don't like that they brought Coulson back from death when it was important moment in the Avengers. Maybe he's the movie universe's Vision, but doesn't behave like or have any of Vision's powers so it would be just a waste of a good character like the Vision.
There were some cringe inducing lines in this like "it's an origin story".
And the Snarky banter is just off-putting. I could maybe put up with it from one character but every character spouts the same Snarky quips (as if they all think alike) and especially seems out of character for a leader like Coulson. The editing was also annoying, they cut this show too quickly.

There was a few things I liked about it. I like Clark Gregg and he did an okay job with the script he was given. Ming Na did a fairly decent job and the only other regular I like. It was also great to see Cobie Smulders come back as Maria Hill, too bad she's not a regular. Their mobile command base was pretty awesome (Still why no Hellicarrier?), the action scenes were good, and I like that they brought in Nick Fury's flying car, just wish Nick was there driving it.

I'll try and watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better. If Apocalypse shows up and kills off the supporting cast and bathes in their blood a few episodes later would be a huge improvement.

I was a bit underwhelmed too but I have faith in Whedon. The writing did seem too one sided, characters dialog too similar.

Enjoyed it but wasn't wowed.

I get the feeling that they are just keeping Two and a half men on TV now just to tick off Charlie Sheen. Ashton just stinks and Jon Cryer is great but cannot handle the show by himself.

It's one of those shows that has been on too long now. It needs to end.

Just had a chance to see this, the show is awful IMO.
The supporting cast are terrible, they all seem too young and implausible as special agents. There were no real Marvel comic characters in this, Marina Hill is about as close as it gets and it's not enough to call this Marvel. The Extremis stuff just reminded me of the awful IM3 movie. The villain was week and totally uninteresting and the conclusion to his story felt like a cop-out, he should've been sent to prison for murder at least. I don't like that they brought Coulson back from death when it was important moment in the Avengers. Maybe he's the movie universe's Vision, but doesn't behave like or have any of Vision's powers so it would be just a waste of a good character like the Vision.
There were some cringe inducing lines in this like "it's an origin story".
And the Snarky banter is just off-putting. I could maybe put up with it from one character but every character spouts the same Snarky quips (as if they all think alike) and especially seems out of character for a leader like Coulson. The editing was also annoying, they cut this show too quickly.

There was a few things I liked about it. I like Clark Gregg and he did an okay job with the script he was given. Ming Na did a fairly decent job and the only other regular I like. It was also great to see Cobie Smulders come back as Maria Hill, too bad she's not a regular. Their mobile command base was pretty awesome (Still why no Hellicarrier?), the action scenes were good, and I like that they brought in Nick Fury's flying car, just wish Nick was there driving it.

I'll try and watch a few more episodes and hope it gets better. If Apocalypse shows up and kills off the supporting cast and bathes in their blood a few episodes later would be a huge improvement.

:cuckoo: How dare you say something bad about a Marvel product. They created everything and every is copying them. :pfft:

So I'm wondering if...
That said, we're not a platform for superheroes to show up, though that will happen sometimes. This is a show that focuses on what people connected with when they first connected with Phil Coulson, which is someone who has no powers trying to live in a world where all these powers have been unleashed.
...this means we're in store for some cameos, or if Marvel is just looking to pollinate the show periodically with B/C/D-listers to test potential popularity for inclusion in the films. Either way, it's good news for the superhero fans who want more than just "men in suits."

Two and a half men are in their 11th season so they must be doing something right. I dare AoS to go more than 2 seasons :lol

Why would anyone want 11 seasons of the same thing? End this show at a logical conclusion.

Oh and Two and a Half Men is boring. I really hate sitcoms. Laugh tracks ruin everything.

...this means we're in store for some cameos, or if Marvel is just looking to pollinate the show periodically with B/C/D-listers to test potential popularity for inclusion in the films. Either way, it's good news for the superhero fans who want more than just "men in suits."

This is what I'm looking for, characters like Shang Chi would be cool to see in the show, and if only Fox would let go off X-men's rights, we could see Kid Omega, or Sunspot.

But that's crazy I know.

This is what I'm looking for, characters like Shang Chi would be cool to see in the show, and if only Fox would let go off X-men's rights, we could see Kid Omega, or Sunspot.

But that's crazy I know.
I'm pretty sure the issue with Fox having the X-Men rights only affects the movies. Marvel shouldn't have an issue using them in television.

I'm pretty sure the issue with Fox having the X-Men rights only affects the movies. Marvel shouldn't have an issue using them in television.

Really? Hmmm interesting... I'd like to see sunspot in the show, it's a great character and they can keep him in the show until they find a way to sneak him into the movies.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I don't even know if TV rights were thought of when all of the deals went down. I highly doubt AoS could use any X-men characters though. The TV show and movies are one continuity.

But that's crazy I know.

If Marvel was that worried about introducing mutants they'd just create new ones to paste in there similar to the ones that they don't have the rights for.

Fox has TV rights also.

If Marvel was that worried about introducing mutants they'd just create new ones to paste in there similar to the ones that they don't have the rights for.

I don't think they can even use the term Mutant outside of the X-Men franchise. They could just call them Metahumans though. :monkey1

I don't think they can even use the term Mutant outside of the X-Men franchise. They could just call them Metahumans though. :monkey1

Of course they can use the term mutant, they just can't call them "X-" etc. without paying Fox.

Back