Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Nope. Only so much one can watch. Between being an NHL season ticket holder, graphic designer/film student, doing yoga, weight training, running/taking the dog on walks, and doing things with friends, it limits one's time to watch a lot of TV. Never was much for the tellie anyway. I have a select few shows that I follow, and that's it. Actually, this is the most TV I have watched... which is right now. Agents of SHIELD, Sons of Anarchy, Banshee, and Orange is the New Black. OITNB can't be counted, because it's a Netflix series and any fan will tell you we bing watch all 12 episodes (since they release the entire season in one shot)... so in a week an entire season is done. So excuse my ignorance. ;) lol

Find the time for Spartacus. Do it.

I watched a couple of episodes after Penny Dreadful and I couldn't stand it. The way they spoke drove me nuts. I know it's the closest we'd get to them actually speaking Latin in English but every time they opened their mouths I cringed. The battles were cool and bloody although they seem to shoot every battle using their worn out copy of 300 for reference.

I watched a couple of episodes after Penny Dreadful and I couldn't stand it. The way they spoke drove me nuts. I know it's the closest we'd get to them actually speaking Latin in English but every time they opened their mouths I cringed. The battles were cool and bloody although they seem to shoot every battle using their worn out copy of 300 for reference.

No. Spartacus is much better than 300. Admittedly, it does start out slow and some of the Cg is cheesy, but after the first 3-4 episodes, it really kicks into high gear. It has much better and complicated story lines than 300 did. However, if you can't get past the way they speak, then there isn't much else to be done about that. You sound like you are younger, I am guessing early to mid 20s?

Spartacus was alright. It wasn't gripping enough to keep me watching all the time. I would easily watch 300 before it.

You must look past the weens and clenched male buttocks, for there is also full female frontal to balance it out. And action, drama, quotable dialogue 'n stuff.

Thought the episode was ok. Liked seeing Lucy Lawless, but too bad she's not sticking around. And I thought the Fitz/Simmons thing was heartbreaking.

But i had forgotten how cheap everything looked and felt. It seemed SO low budget.

No. Spartacus is much better than 300. Admittedly, it does start out slow and some of the Cg is cheesy, but after the first 3-4 episodes, it really kicks into high gear. It has much better and complicated story lines than 300 did. However, if you can't get past the way they speak, then there isn't much else to be done about that. You sound like you are younger, I am guessing early to mid 20s?

I was more referring to the way they shot the battle scenes with constantly using the slow down and speed up technique and just constant use of slo mo in fights. I've only caught random episodes of blood and war so I don't really know much of the story but I still can't get past the dialogue. I give them props for their use of it and sticking with it but I just can't listen to it. I'm 28.

I was more referring to the way they shot the battle scenes with constantly using the slow down and speed up technique and just constant use of slo mo in fights. I've only caught random episodes of blood and war so I don't really know much of the story but I still can't get past the dialogue. I give them props for their use of it and sticking with it but I just can't listen to it. I'm 28.

It's cool. Blood and Sand does use that 300 style of speeding up and slowing down battle scenes. You just get used to it. It does come off as overly stylized in the first few episodes, especially the first episode. If you ever get the chance to binge watch it, I highly recommend it. We seem to have similar taste in tv shows, so I think you would really like it if you can get past the way they talk. There are actually some great curses from the Latin! :lol Episode 6 is a "game changing" episode, so if you make it that far, I guarantee you will want to see it through to the season finale (episode 13) which is one of the best season finales for any show that I have ever watched. BTW, I'm 43.

1663185_531737070257167_200153531_n.jpg
:lol

Back