Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has ____ up written all over it! If the regular has the same as the exclusive, advertised and sold as being so for the raised arm, then surely it's mis-selling?

Ex is the raised arm and regular is the lowered arm.

But that's not what people got:

If you ordered ex you'll get raised arm and lowered arm
If you ordered reg you'll get the raised arm only

So the lowered arm becomes the ex? :slap

is that true? looks like a mix up then. It's not a big deal to me, the folks who ordered the reg edition lucked out then since the raised arm pose is a lot better. But as long as the ex version has both i dont care.

The broken strap will be a problem, not looking forward to deal with sideshow on this.

And the lowered arm doesn't make for that great an Ex. What next? 'The exclusive version includes a unique feature not found anywhere else: a switch out arm scratching his chin.

Received mine today, broken arm strap as well. The broken one on mine is on the rm holding the flag... is that the same as everyone else?

Apart from that, though, the statue is awesome! Just hope SS steps up and offers a discount or something for this.

Received mine today, broken arm strap as well. The broken one on mine is on the rm holding the flag... is that the same as everyone else?

Apart from that, though, the statue is awesome! Just hope SS steps up and offers a discount or something for this.

Yep , mine was the arm holding the flag

is that true? looks like a mix up then. It's not a big deal to me, the folks who ordered the reg edition lucked out then since the raised arm pose is a lot better. But as long as the ex version has both i dont care.

The broken strap will be a problem, not looking forward to deal with sideshow on this.

Yeah the EX has both, sorry but I am 99.99999% sure you will get it with the broken/cracked strap just like everyone else.

The thing is there is nothing you can do Sideshow will not have a replacement body for any of us. I don't believe there is even one Boromir statue exist without the broken/cracked strap. So you either have to accept the broken/craked strap or return it for a full refund.

It may be switch but the product page says its the raised arm. I've got the ex so I get both. :lol

If the regular does indeed come with the raised arm, I will save some money and get that version. Anyone want to call Sideshow and confirm?

The thing is there is nothing you can do Sideshow will not have a replacement body for any of us. I don't believe there is even one Boromir statue exist without the broken/cracked strap. So you either have to accept the broken/craked strap or return it for a full refund.

we will see about that, i ordered a brand new unbroken product, and that's what i expect.

The least they can do is give us a courtesy credit. I still think they should be offering a replacement. I paid for a flawless piece, so I should be getting one in return.

Looks like Sideshow quality issues rear their ugly head again. :lol

Between the broken arm straps across the board and the mix up with the EX arm and the Reg arm, things seem to be getting worse instead of better. Now they aren't even offering replacements anymore??? Wow.:thud:

What was once a great company is now mediocre at best.:(

Hello guys are an Italian collector, I congratulate all of you for this wonderful statue,I too have purchased and still has to get to Italy,
a question:
hair and beard are the same color? photos appear in a different color
thanks for the clarification

#351 Boromir Ex opened just now & other than a hairline crack on one of his left arm straps this is by far the best in the series to me. Eyes look straight and the paint job is good to go. Sucks to hear about the issues others are having, and the mix-up with the lowered and raised arm. Qc is slipping at SS.

Pictures look nice! Mine came yesterday but I wasn't home to get it :mad: I should have it here shortly.

For everyone with the strap problem, which appears to be about everyone....Although unfortunate the fact that everyone has the same issue should make the "collectors" feel better. Yours is the same as everyone elses and if you are going to sell it, buyers won't have a choice if a non-broken one. To think that Sideshow will replace everyones statue over this issue is nieve since everyone has the issue.

Again, unfortunate, but if it can be easily glued on with little impact on the statue theres no reason to make more of it than needs to be made of it. Take comfort that everyone elses is the same.

I haven't even gotten mine but I assume mine will have a similar issue.

Obsidian

Guess who showed up today?!​

dsc1312v.jpg

Boromir Statue EX (#257)
Freaking gorgeous! Actually it's a whore, begs to be photographed! So I oblige. :yess:

dsc1313j.jpg

Everything looks great, the base, the face, the sword, the banner...

dsc1315p.jpg

The thing is pretty huge too, with the spike on the banner and the raised sword it goes to 24"

dsc1316g.jpg

Pretty proud of this pic, love the angle​

Now for the "but"

dsc1318s.jpg

Like everyone else I got this issue, but it's fairly minor on mine and it doesn't seem to want to move much so I'm not forcing it.

dsc1317t.jpg

Anyone else have those sort of stains on the armor?
I can't figure out if it's a mess or if it's artistic rust.... I chose to believe the latter for peace of mind.

dsc1320b.jpg

I got something that almost looks like a cocoon in there (good QA! :p)
I'm going to clean it but it doesn't bother me much Boromir is in battle and he should be dusty.

And honestly even with the things I just mentioned the statue is so gorgeous you don't notice anything.

It's a beauty!

Back