"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous pics guys! I thought we might never get to see what they look like, but I suppose people were just waiting to have all three gunmen before bustin' out their cameras. :D

Tuco's been sitting on the table in front of me since he arrived and I still just can't get over how real he looks... even the best pics can't capture the effect of seeing him with my own eyes. I can practically hear him speaking my favorite lines, which were arguably the best lines in the whole film.

If timing and finances had been in my favor, I'd probably have all three standing in front of me right now... but if I had to pick only one, it would be Tuco without a doubt. He really turned out better than I had ever hoped. So once again, my sincerest thanks again to Rainman for a truly marvelous job on bringing Tuco to 1:6 scale life! :bow:bow:bow

When I started this thread I had no idea so many people would be into "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" characters, and I only dreamed of actually having figures and costumes of this quality. I really thought we'd most likely have to cobble them together ourselves, even though so many of you signed up for full figures from the get go.

Thanks to all of you who've kept this thread going with your dreams and desires, some seriously talented customizers have taken notice, and the dream has been realized for a handful (fistful?) of people. My hat is off to you all for helping to make this happen! :duff

Now let's keep those amazing pics comin'!!!

Hear Hear!!

Thanks to all who got this thread going and a HUGE thanks to Rainman and Zuno for creating and providing us these figures, the most amazing figures I have ever seem which is no understatement concidering they come from a one (or 2 or 3) man army!

Thank you!! :D

Yes, thank you Mud for starting this thread! While I'm a bit sad for not being able to get all 4 figures, I am very proud to have Mortimer and Blondie on my shelf. This would never have happened without you. :)

I hear ya buddy. I missed out on both Van Cleefs, at least Rainman's version of him, but haven't given up hope that I'll be able to complete the trio at some point, one way or another. While you don't have Rainman's Tuco or Angel Eyes, there's still hope that someone else may come through for you later on. Who knows, maybe even Hot Toys will make these figures one day... ya never know! :D

Hi,
2 questions and a recommendation:

Q # 1 re: Tuco head paint.

Those of you that have the full fig w/ sweat.
Is the sweat just a dab-on gloss technique ? or are the droplets 3D raised bumps added with a clear medium such as glue after the initial felsh painting ?

Q: # 2 re: "MWNN" jeans.

Many of the kit-bashers are using BLACK jeans instead of blue. Last night I searched thru GBU DVD. In the final showdown scene there's a close-up of "Blondies" rig and his jeans are clearly BLUE.

Are Clint's jeans BLACK in either of the other 2 movies ?

Lastly I purchased a jeans set recently.
It comes with a black shirt with a small collar. I think it would be great for use in an Angel Eyes Kit bash. The set also comes with a ankle cut shiny pair of pointed civilian boots. I think it may be acceptable for some cowboys. Also a pair of blue jeans and belt. I'm not sure its appropriate to endorse an e-tailers website or a produc. PLMK and I'll be happy to post a link and the websit.

Jim

mwnn made jeans?...

whatabout the billyb shirts... are they as good as rainman's...

VELVET MORNING HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?!

Sure - here is a quick update. Things are coming along nicely. Just finished casting V.1 sculpt w/ a NEW HAT sculpt (pics soon). Now all heads are cast. Next - painting. All outfits are sewn awaiting snaps, buttons, etc. Boots and gun belts are constructed. (I've got another option for you guys with the gun belt color:naughty. I've believe I've made it more screen accurate. I'll get pics soon, I've got my hands full at the moment.) Started painting revolvers and hats. Spurs are close to done. I hope to get to the ponchos very soon. So I'd say they're at about 85% complete.

To anyone who is interested in my version of the "Man With No Name" figure: I've had an unfortunate cancellation so there is now one figure available. Pm me for details.

Pics here-
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35301&page=181

Last edited:
Many of the kit-bashers are using BLACK jeans instead of blue. Last night I searched thru GBU DVD. In the final showdown scene there's a close-up of "Blondies" rig and his jeans are clearly BLUE.

This is much akin to the brown vs green poncho confusion. Look a Angel Eye's hat in that same scene under the same lighting conditions and it appears the same blueish color at times. Comparing Blondie's jeans to the Union navy blues, such as in the bridge scenes, they are noticeably darker. Also, keep in mind that due to film stock & processing, lighting changes, costume wear and tear and cinematography tricks, screen colors, especially blacks in direct sunlight, can appear different from shot to shot and different from the costumes as seen in person. There are some museum GBU costume display pics floating about. I'd go by those.

Here for instance the scarf appears greenish.
32310vsep_w.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought they were blue but I think the general consensus is they are black.

Its sort of like the Han Solo Hoth blue or brown jacket debate.

Either or I think Rainman's jeans are too gray. It may be the only part of the three figures I own that I would think about replacing someday.

I originally thought they were blue too.
And I really like Rainman's jeans color. But there is much more of a texture to the Rainman jeans than the 1:1 film version had.

and Han's jacket was brown. All the Hoth stuff was tinted blue because blue = cold I suppose. :huh

Last edited:
Just a thought for anyone who wants to pose their figures with fingers on the triggers without fear of rubbing any paint off, etc. It only takes a few minutes and is really quite easy to do. Here's how I set up Tuco in the pic below...

Boil some water and pour it into a used can. The water has to be very hot. Hold the gun hand with tweezers (I used chop sticks) and submerge it completely for a minute or two, until it gets very warm and rubbery.

Shake the water off, pop the hand onto the wrist peg, then carefully fit the pistol into the hand and the trigger finger into the trigger guard. Now gently press the thumb and other fingers together so they wrap realistically around the pistol grip. Hold them that way till they cool enough to stay that way and you're done. :gun

P1010016-2.jpg

I just realized there's something wrong with that pic, besides the unpainted spot inside the gun barrel (an easy fix), and I really didn't notice it before, but Tuco's hands look way too clean, especially after digging up Arch Stanton's grave and all.

His hands may need just a wee bit of weathering to blend them in with the rest of the figure, as his face and neck are actually quite a bit darker. Maybe a little dirt under his fingernails wouldn't hurt either.

Mudshark I'd be careful... Every time I've ever done a hot water treatment to a plastic figure in any way it has almost always bent back to it's original position or at least slightly back over time.

With the finger in the trigger it might start to pull at it in unnatural ways. Rainman specifically said not to force the finger's into the triggers. Personally the fact that they don't fit perfectly is a sacrifice I'm willing to make to ensure that these beautiful guns do not break.

Back