"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all my friends on here,

Do you remember my first posting on this GBU thread on February 20.
I was really happy to be invited by MwNN... :lol

Since I have showed the Rainman's Gunman, He finished four Gunmen with your helps on here.

Now, He is working on his new figure but it is not a gunman... :sick
However, It is one of your favorite characters... :D

I'll open new thread for the new figure as soon as he finished a prototype.
And I hope you like his new figure continuously as you have done so far on here.

Rainman and I really appreciated with this projects.
And we are very sorry that this is only way that we can give thanks to you.

Thank you very much... my friends.
And let's keep in touch on here and the new threads.

Thank YOU, Zuno, for keeping us all informed, helping people with the ordering process when needed, and answering the many questions we tossed at you. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Rainman's got planned after this. I personally hope he'll revisit the Westerns genre (spaghetti or not) at some point, and I'm looking forward to having one of those Sharps rifles as soon as they're ready for preorder. A bounty hunter version of Clint and possibly a bandito version of Tuco from GB&U would be among my top picks, as would an armed-to-the-teeth version of Clint as "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

Regarding other figures, I'd especially love to see Rainman get into "Mad Max" and "The Road Warrior" figures at some point. I know there are plenty of people here who'd jump at the chance to own any of those figures, myself included.

Anyway, please do keep us informed of any new developments in this thread, as well as the other threads, and thanks again for everything!!! :cool: :bow :duff

I'd always prefer to see a character from an era not usually done or easily found (past or future), like the Western figures or a Gladiator.

There has previously been a DiNiro as Travis sculpt (cheap too). And there are plenty of modern jeans and Viet nam era uniforms to easily kit-bash Travis (although I'd love that type-writer case on the forearm)

So I'm not realyy up for Travis Bickle

Braveheart or Gladiator or Crouching Tiger or Rooster Cogburn would be more inclined to interest me

Jim

The previous sculpt of Travis Bickle you're talking about though was garbage, and he one Kai just did is not the best likeness IMO. I know Rainman can do better, the outfit is not as simple to bash as you ma think, there are a lot of nuances a stickler for accuracy will not want to look past

That resized hat really makes a big difference, now it looks just right. The shape of the crown and the rolled edge of the brim also look great, and I especially like the small tears and textured pattern you added to the hat band. Very nice indeed! Can't wait to see him painted up. :cool:

Hi Velvet Morning, I was wondering how the new hat fits on V.2 head sculpt? Does the original have the same leather work on the hat band?
I think your new hat looks great! It fits the V.1 hs much better.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback!:D

MwNN- I just tried the new hat with the V.2 sculpt and with a little modification to the head sculpt it looks pretty good. I'll get some pics when I get a chance. The original hat does have a little detail on the band but it is not as noticeable.

My Tuco with his new stand and shovel

tuco.jpg

Thanks guys for the positive feedback!:D

MwNN- I just tried the new hat with the V.2 sculpt and with a little modification to the head sculpt it looks pretty good. I'll get some pics when I get a chance. The original hat does have a little detail on the band but it is not as noticeable.

Hi VM,
Would it be possible to get the new hat on the V.2 head?
I love the idea of having two completely different head sculpts, not just one, with and without a hat.
Everything is looking great! Thanks for the updates and options. I think it's awesome you are providing all the different choices for your figure. You are making it very customizable to each person's individual taste. I am really looking forward to the finished figure!

Nice set up on your Tuco jonn! The shovel is a great idea.

Last edited:
I'd always prefer to see a character from an era not usually done or easily found (past or future), like the Western figures or a Gladiator.

There has previously been a DiNiro as Travis sculpt (cheap too). And there are plenty of modern jeans and Viet nam era uniforms to easily kit-bash Travis (although I'd love that type-writer case on the forearm)

So I'm not realyy up for Travis Bickle

Braveheart or Gladiator or Crouching Tiger or Rooster Cogburn would be more inclined to interest me

Jim

crouchig tiger...? that movie was joke for both the eastern and western audiences.

Is Rainman decides to do an Asian figure there are plenty of other good choices.. Like Yojimbo/Sanjuro, Zatoichi, Master Wong, San Te from 36th Chambers of shaolin, Seven Samurai... the list goes on...

Where can I get a Blondie head sculpt?
Rainman's ..... obviously rainman's website or zuno's website...

if you want a lonnie's hero sculpt you can contact him directly or wait til he list it up on ebay once a month at the beginning of the month.

I hate to be so overtly opinionated but I really agree with Gatack on the Crouching Tiger Front. I really had a gag reflex when I read that. Sorry, nothing personal at all i just loath that movie. For whatever reason I still think it sits way too high on the IMDB board though I think it dropped significantly when it's overhyping in the 90's died down.

But Gatack also mentioned a lot of good ones. Y'know after the Leone Spagetti Westerns it's only natural to want to see attention shift to Kurosawa Samurai films. They seem to go hand in hand.

of course Rainman will do what he wants in the end but whatever it is it is certain to kick all sorts of ass.

crouchig tiger...? that movie was joke for both the eastern and western audiences.

QUOTE]

ok. ok-- ?????can the Crouching Tiger. I'm just pointing out the non-modern era point.

As to some of the others you just mentioned. I already own the Sanjuro/Yojimbo and the 7 Samurai from Alfrex and just scored a Mifune Shishegumi from e-bay (arrived today). Alfrex also did the Zatoichi

Jim

Is Rainman decides to do an Asian figure there are plenty of other good choices.. Like Yojimbo/Sanjuro, Zatoichi, Master Wong, San Te from 36th Chambers of shaolin, Seven Samurai... the list goes on...

Rainman's ..... obviously rainman's website or zuno's website...

if you want a lonnie's hero sculpt you can contact him directly or wait til he list it up on ebay once a month at the beginning of the month.

How do I contact Lonnie?

QUOTE]

ok. ok-- ?????can the Crouching Tiger. I'm just pointing out the non-modern era point.

As to some of the others you just mentioned. I already own the Sanjuro/Yojimbo and the 7 Samurai from Alfrex and just scored a Mifune Shishegumi from e-bay (arrived today). Alfrex also did the Zatoichi

Jim

lol

alfrex figures are hard to find and because of that ebay sellers pit them up to 400 a pop nowadays I'd much rather pay a few hundred dollars more from an artist such as Rainman for an updated version. Still you're very lucky to own all Seven Samurais, Yojimbo and Shishegumi.

How do I contact Lonnie?

www.h2creative.com

:horror
Any stylised film is going to have its critics and I'm sure it doesn't sit well with people that love John Woo-style movies or ultra-violent films like Oldboy. To call a well-received movie a "joke" though is well...pretty much a joke.

I would definitely buy a Zuno, Rainman or Serang figure of Yu Shu Lien (Michelle Yeoh), Li Mu Bai (Yun-Fat Chow), and/or Jen Yu (Ziyi Zhang). In fact I'd really like to see one of these stellar East Asian artists sculpt a female character.

I would also buy a Yojimbo/Sanjuro figure.

:horror
Any stylised film is going to have its critics and I'm sure it doesn't sit well with people that love John Woo-style movies or ultra-violent films like Oldboy. To call a well-received movie a "joke" though is well...pretty much a joke.
Good call I like John Woo movies as well as OLDBOY but... I can also movies with "style". I liked Hero, House of Flying Daggers and even Goemon... all three films are stylish.. no? The movie wasn't well received until it reached American shores. Even then nobody takes it seriously it's only memorable for its over the top bamboo threding scene....

Sure no problem. I'll try to get you some pics asap.

Hi VM,
Would it be possible to get the new hat on the V.2 head?
I love the idea of having two completely different head sculpts, not just one, with and without a hat.
Everything is looking great! Thanks for the updates and options. I think it's awesome you are providing all the different choices for your figure. You are making it very customizable to each person's individual taste. I am really looking forward to the finished figure!

Nice set up on your Tuco jonn! The shovel is a great idea.

Back