"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd share this with everyone.

This is the picture I am submitting in to Rainman's photo contest.

Enjoy! :)

10444_122315871259324_217281131_n.jpg

Awesome pic Steve I have yet to take/submit mine yet. Gonna focus on Wonka instead of plainview or dexter as I don't think he's getting anywhere near enough love in this contest. He's a really fun bright vibrant figure and not many are using him at all yet alone focusing on him.

Hey Steve,

Those are some great pics! Congrats on your new acquisitions!
I'm working on a GBU entry myself.. Hopefully finish tomorrow.

For those still kit-bashing these, Battlegear toys have some remarkable new "Eastwood' boots especially if you're doing the Bounty Hunter Blondie. They also have a new longer Western Frock to consider for a Mortimer

Hey Steve,

Those are some great pics! Congrats on your new acquisitions!
I'm working on a GBU entry myself.. Hopefully finish tomorrow.

Thanks man!

For those still kit-bashing these, Battlegear toys have some remarkable new "Eastwood' boots especially if you're doing the Bounty Hunter Blondie. They also have a new longer Western Frock to consider for a Mortimer

Thats some good advice man. Mortimer is not an easy bash.

I saw those yesterday and ordered a pair. They look pretty good..
Wanted to try them out and replace the boots I already have.

battle gear also has a similar rig to blondies on the 2nd rig page, just got some stuff from them their quality is excellent as is their prices

I saw those yesterday and ordered a pair. They look pretty good..
Wanted to try them out and replace the boots I already have.

I've been using the Newline pirate (rough-outs) with the overlap cut off, but these are head-and-tails above them in quality and scale.
Not cheap but really nice

Btw armysoldier, love your pic. I can see you have an attention to precise angles and positioning because they are all exactly where they should be. I would have done the same, and spent a LONG time getting it "just perfect because good enough is not good enough" :)

Btw armysoldier, love your pic. I can see you have an attention to precise angles and positioning because they are all exactly where they should be. I would have done the same, and spent a LONG time getting it "just perfect because good enough is not good enough" :)

Thanks man :)

I think this was drilled into my brain during my stint with the military.

Everything dress right dress. That includes formations, inventory inspections, vehicles, and setting up conference rooms.

I spent ALOT of time getting them just right and the wrong adjustment would throw everything off. Not only side-by-side but the distance from forward to back had to be right so I can focus one and leave the others out of focus. Maybe to a trained photographer this concept would have been easy, but for a newbie like me it took trial and error.

It was fun all the same :)

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've seen these movies, but they are among my favorite and since rewatching again recently, I thought it would be awesome to have figures based on these characters.

If anyone could help me out in any way, as far as pointing me in the right direction on where to get sculpts, gear, clothing ,etc, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time for the consideration.

Jack

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've seen these movies, but they are among my favorite and since rewatching again recently, I thought it would be awesome to have figures based on these characters.

If anyone could help me out in any way, as far as pointing me in the right direction on where to get sculpts, gear, clothing ,etc, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time for the consideration.

Jack

headsculpts, try rainman he might get a new stock, hopefully, scott peterson makes a great blondie, but imo is a little underscaled, or h2creative made the trio but u will need to email him off his site:https://www.h2creative.com/HeroHeads.html
clothes, aj clothiers makes tucos and angel eyes outfits, but u could probably kitbash them, for blondies vest and poncho, old days of yore and stevos toys sell them, and a boardie on here makes them also-bernard2002-
as for everything else like guns rigs boots, id say go for battle gear toys, in the western section they sell blondies rig and something similar to angel eyes, they also have their boots, and some similar guns. or you could try stevos toys, but you will be waiting a while and imo the quality isnt too good on his rigs, i have his blondie one the leather looks painted so its all cracked.
hope that helps, if ya need links holla but google should show you

Thanks for the reply. I want to try and get the Scott Peterson Blondie, I prefer that to the Rainman one. Anyone have a line on where to get that sculpt? I'm interested in the hat and hatless versions. Thanks a lot !

Jack

Thanks for the reply. I want to try and get the Scott Peterson Blondie, I prefer that to the Rainman one. Anyone have a line on where to get that sculpt? I'm interested in the hat and hatless versions. Thanks a lot !

Jack
You can contact Scott directly for the sculpts...

3 pics of my Rainman Blondie. I will be getting a new vest for him and fixing his belt. Other things I'd like to do when I have the time/money:

1. New poncho
2. Custom base
3. Replacing his head with velvet morning's
4. Weathering him

blondie2.jpg

blondie3.jpg

blondie1.jpg

Reinhardt, nice nice figure, do you think scotts head is better, it is a little undersized i think, would it suit your figure?

Reinhardt, nice nice figure, do you think scotts head is better, it is a little undersized i think, would it suit your figure?
Thanks! I think the sculpt is a bit more realistic, but the more I see Rainman's sculpt, the more I like it. Chances are I will likely keep it as is. As for size of the sculpt, they are both quite similar, and are both undersized actually. When I put Blondie next to another figure, the guy is TINY. I might lengthen is legs a bit to compensate. Right now next to my Indy he looks like a midget. But Indy's head is much much larger.

Reinhardt, Are you going to sell that poncho?? :D :D
If I get a new one that I like more than I will. :) I will post a note here if I choose to go that route.

Back