"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a custom Rainman Colonel Mortimer (A Few Dollars More) and got all the whole Mortimer Arsenal made including the horse of course!
These were custom made by Stevostoys.com and are available for under $10 each cast in metal:

18" buntline
Ligtning rifle
Buntline special with shoulder stock:
NEW%20ARMS.jpg

Just thought I'd share these cool custom Mortimer parts some of you guys might like to get!

These are really cool
Can you tell me what the correct color choices would be on Stevos drop down ?

Any good ideas what to use for Eastwood's Boots? My VM Blondie has excellent ones, but I need a similiar pair for a separate bash. Any thoughts? was thinking repainting HT Wolverine ones maybe. Let me know. Thanks.

Any good ideas what to use for Eastwood's Boots? My VM Blondie has excellent ones, but I need a similiar pair for a separate bash. Any thoughts? was thinking repainting HT Wolverine ones maybe. Let me know. Thanks.

I use the newline Pirate boots and cut off the foldovers.

or if you prefer rubber/plastic

The BBI Douglas Caldwell boots

I use the newline Pirate boots and cut off the foldovers.

or if you prefer rubber/plastic

The BBI Douglas Caldwell boots

I was going to suggest the Newline boots too. I used a pair for my Lawrence. You'll need to cut the tops and paint the sides of the soles, but the should work...

Yeah, I've seen those Newline ones, though I'm not sure if they're in scale. Very few real fabric/leather 1/6 shoes look all that decent. Have you guys got any pics of your modified Pirate boots? Couldn't locate the BBI Douglas Caldwell boots.

Apologies, I said BBI Douglas Caldwell, I meant Donald Moore. That's the Africa RAF Clarke Gable looking figure. That said i was'nt able to find any of those boots on ebay or Monkey depot or War Toys tonight.
Sorry also I am not able to post pics (don't know how) but the Newline boots I would almost bet are essentially the same as used by VM and Rainman.
https://www.newlineminiatures.com/detail_views/pirate.htm

You need to fold up the "flap?" and cut where they fold. Blondies pants are worn over the leg of the boot essentially down to the ankle. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi freaks,

Ok, was debating whether to show some pics at this early stage, but I was thinking it would be fun to have a few WIP shots. I might create a separate thread under Customs once I have more done. I have been waiting anxiously for this custom and decided to try this one on my own for kicks until one comes along, Scott :pray:. As a lot of you know, I am a huge fan of the Dollars Trilogy characters. For now, I present to you Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez.

tuco17.jpg

tuco13.jpg

tuco14.jpg

tuco16.jpg

A lot of it is placeholder, including the towel. I've basically been gathering some material. The serape is the toughest one to recreate. Modding the chaps will be fun too. I am happy with the weathering and sweat effect I have been able to do on his body and face so far.

I have a clear picture of the scene I am going after, him on his horse, pink umbrella and all, with Blondie on his knees in the desert. Lots to do, hope you like so far.

Hi freaks,

Ok, was debating whether to show some pics at this early stage, but I was thinking it would be fun to have a few WIP shots. I might create a separate thread under Customs once I have more done. I have been waiting anxiously for this custom and decided to try this one on my own for kicks until one comes along, Scott :pray:. As a lot of you know, I am a huge fan of the Dollars Trilogy characters. For now, I present to you Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez.

tuco17.jpg

tuco13.jpg

tuco14.jpg

tuco16.jpg

A lot of it is placeholder, including the towel. I've basically been gathering some material. The serape is the toughest one to recreate. Modding the chaps will be fun too. I am happy with the weathering and sweat effect I have been able to do on his body and face so far.

I have a clear picture of the scene I am going after, him on his horse, pink umbrella and all, with Blondie on his knees in the desert. Lots to do, hope you like so far.

hey mystolle He's coming out great!!! cant wait to see more pics.

I was just watching the GBU this weekend. I know exactly the scene you're talking about. What do you plan to use for the parasol? I was thinking that you could might use the frame work of an little bamboo umbrella? Good luck and can't wait to see some more...

Thank you all for the nice comments. Like I said, very early in the attempt.

Looks great so far! The only comment I have at this moment is to consider using a body that has a sculpted neck, such as the Ezio body.

Hi Reinhardt, it's the one thing that has been bothering me, trying to figure out how to hide that. I have never cut out a neck and a little hesistant to do it, afraid it might ruin the sculpt. Plus, there is detail in the neck, not sure how far up to go. Does anyone have experience on doing it, and if so, any tips? Is it worth trying?

Hi all,

Update#2. I haven't had a chance to do much, but tried sculpting a little covering the neck joint area and blending in with the paint. I think it looks good. I was also thinking of extending the upper chest piece to make it go higher to make the neck look shorter. Still thinking whether to try sculpting that or removing the upper portion of a chest piece and somehow glueing it there. We'll see. I also made his rings, necklace and leather wrap around his hand. Any feedback is appreciated.

tuco28.jpg

tuco27.jpg

tuco26.jpg

tuco22.jpg

tuco20-1.jpg

Last edited:
Update #3. Ok, I was not completely happy with the sculpted neck last time, and decided to try it again, this time concentrating on chest and shoulders. I think it came out good, really happy with it. What do you think?

Also, created a new necklace and another hand with rings to have two sets with different poses. I am ready to hit the chaps and serape next. Hope you like.

tuco38.jpg

tuco39.jpg

tuco34.jpg

tuco31.jpg

tuco30.jpg

tuco42.jpg

Last edited:
Update #3. Ok, I was not completely happy with the sculpted neck last time, and decided to try it again, this time concentrating on chest and shoulders. I think it came out good, really happy with it. What do you think?

Also, created a new necklace and another hand with rings to have two sets with different poses. I am ready to hit the chaps and serape next. Hope you like.

tuco38.jpg

tuco39.jpg

tuco34.jpg

tuco30.jpg

tuco42.jpg

Look very good. Always wanted a Tuco in this outfit. You did a great job. Only thing that takes away from it, is those metal snap. I would remove them. The one on the pants isn't being used anyways and you can no longer see the ones on the shirt now.

Look very good. Always wanted a Tuco in this outfit. You did a great job. Only thing that takes away from it, is those metal snap. I would remove them. The one on the pants isn't being used anyways and you can no longer see the ones on the shirt now.

Hey, thanks. Yes, I do plan on removing those, still lots to do with the shirt and pants alone, hehe.

Back