"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to keep repeating myself, but Rainman's Gunman c1851 is technically not "The Good" (aka "Blondie") from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", though only due to the choice of pistol he supplied with the figure (Colt SAA). With the exception of the pistol and the wrist brace he's essentially the same character, as he appeared near the end of the film.

The "Bounty Hunter" is actually the look Clint had through most of the movie. As you all know he only donned the iconic poncho just before the final showdown in the graveyard, so having a new version of Blondie in his bounty hunter outfit would make him a uniquely GBU figure, like with Tuco and Van Cleef's "The Bad" version.

It would be great if Rainman or one of the other super-talented GBU customizers here would consider making the bounty hunter version at some point. I have no doubt they would be as popular as all the other figures have been so far. :D

Yes, I agree with Mudshark, Rainman's Blondie is most like Manco from "For A Few Dollars More". The fact he has the saddle bags and leather wrist brace and the Colt Rattler handled pistol. If it is truly the Bounty Hunter Blondie, he should have that tan duster, the Panama or pencil roll hat and the dark blue patterned shirt.
He should have the Navy Colt Rattler handle like Velvet Morning's, who captured Clint's likeness amazingly well.
Rainman did offer two Lee Van Cleefs, maybe he'll come back to GBU with another fantastic figure of a real Blondie.

Hello again.
Please I need help.
I’m customizing a new 4 pieces poncho using a thin wire to control the way it hangs all over the body. I’m using a new material.

Please I’m asking for your opining and advice to improve it. I’m adding some details trying to make it looks better, but all opinions, ideas and details you can tell me are welcome.

Right now I’m happy with this prototype test, but I’m adding some new details that will appear in the final product. (It’s only a prototype and I do not have good pictures, (sorry) but I will have them soon.

This is a fistful of dollars version (the cleanest one I think, ;) )

Thanks in advance for your help and advices, suggestions and comments.
;)
If somebody wants HR pictures just send me a PM.
Thank you!!

Agreed, a GBU "bounty hunter" version is a must. I've a feeling a Rainman Bounty hunter is not such a far fetch idea... what ever happened to that sharps rifle df was working on awhile back ;) ;) if you smell what I'm stepping in :lol....

That poncho looks great litial!

except Bounty Hunter Blondie didn't use the Sharps rifle, it was a 1866 Winchester Yellowboy w/ scope modified to look like a Henry 1860. :)

Last edited:
sounds like a good excuse for you to watch one of the greatest films ever made again. :D

except Bounty Hunter Blondie didn't use the Sharps rifle, it was a 1866 Winchester Yellowboy w/ scope modified to look like a Henry 1860. :)

:rotfl .. yeah I knew someone would call me on that :rotfl was just making an observation that the sharps rifle wasn't released yet; as perhaps a hint that there maybe more to come from the GBU;).

attachment.php

only pic I could find while looking back at the previous pages :google

Scott, maybe that should be your next project, hint, hint. I'd be very interested in a bounty hunter Blondie, especially if it looked as good as your showdown version.

Thanks buddy. I've certainly considered it but I've been assuming Rainman will be getting back to it (wink, wink, nudge, nudge :lol ) before I can finish the projects I have planned. However, if Rainman decides he's done with the GBU series, I'm just saying ... I'm not. Did I mention I would love to see a Rainman Bounty Hunter version. As much as I like to make em I also like to collect em!

Thanks buddy. I've certainly considered it but I've been assuming Rainman will be getting back to it (wink, wink, nudge, nudge :lol ) before I can finish the projects I have planned. However, if Rainman decides he's done with the GBU series, I'm just saying ... I'm not. Did I mention I would love to see a Rainman Bounty Hunter version. As much as I like to make em I also like to collect em!

I think you wouldnt have to worry bout rainman doin the same project at all. Since I think your version of him will sell out nonetheless :rock

Litial: Outstanding job on the new poncho... you really outdid yourself! I don't think you need to do anything to it. Judging from the pics it hangs perfectly, but if you could post a couple of pics of it thrown over his shoulder (like when he's ready to draw), I'd like to see how well it hangs in that position. That seems to be one of the toughest looks to get in 1:6 scale, since it's not easy to get a scaled down poncho to hang as naturally as the real thing does. If you can nail that look, I'd say you've found the perfect solution.

velvet morning: The "other" super-talented customizer I was referring to was you, of course, but I didn't want to sound like I was trying to push you to do any more GBU figures (even though many of us are really hoping you will). :D

I've also been wondering what happened to the Sharps rifle project, but I realize Rainman's got other irons in the fire these days. I do hope he gets back to it once the other figure projects are completed though.

If not.... well, I don't think anyone's keeping score here, so if you had a mind to create another figure from this movie, I don't think anyone here would object. Speaking for myself, I still need an Angel Eyes figure to complete my GBU trio, and I'd be very interested in a bounty hunter version of Blondie, as well as a bandito version of Tuco.

Hydeous: Ask and ye shall receive! Here are a few pics I took a while back of Blondie's bounty hunter outfit. The shirt pattern would probably be the hardest thing to reproduce, as it's a very fine printed pattern. I was never able to see it clearly until I got the Blu-ray version of GBU. Anyway, I hope these are useful.

BlondieBust11.jpg

BlondieBust12.jpg

CoatDetail11.jpg

CoatDetail12.jpg

CoatDetail13.jpg

HatDetail11.jpg

HatDetail12.jpg

BootsSpurs11.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that bad boy has got to be made in 1/6, no question.

Keep it in the back of your mind Scott, cause you more than likely already got at least one committed buyer. :)

You guys probably shouldn't have got me started... anyway, here are some Bandito Tuco pics. Not the best they could be, but something to give you an idea what a great figure this would be. :gun

sombrero-1.jpg

TucoOutfit23.jpg

TucoOutfit25.jpg

TucoOutfit24.jpg

TucoOutfit19.jpg

TucoOutfit12.jpg

TucoOutfit14.jpg

Back