Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was wondering, how you change the name plate? Is it just a magnetic piece that you swap out?

Just ordered mine from sideshow! Have to flesh out the LOTR PF line up I have!

I don't need them all, but I need Gollum and Gandalf at least.

And I can't wait to see more with the Rider on Horse PF!

Epic!!

Yes it's magnetic. Such a nice PF.

I have 50$ coupon & considering this little guy. Is he worth getting? I dont see number, is he open edition?

I have 50$ coupon & considering this little guy. Is he worth getting? I dont see number, is he open edition?

Oh yes, very much worth getting niallheraty12. :wave

In fact I would very much recommend getting two if the funds allowed.

It is numbered the US version has an ES of 500 and the Internation one of 1,000.

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

Hope this helps you make up your mind.

:duff
Bill

Yes it's magnetic. Such a nice PF.

becareful when you move the statue, i cracked 2 nameplates that way. Forgot to remove it, and it fell off while i was moving it. Luckily sideshow still had some replacement parts so i got both replaced.

It is numbered the US version has an ES of 500 and the Internation one of 1,000.

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

Bill

Thanks it looks great, Im collecting different pieces from different license and this going to be my first (and maybe the last) LOTR piece. Hope I wont be disappointed :)

becareful when you move the statue, i cracked 2 nameplates that way. Forgot to remove it, and it fell off while i was moving it. Luckily sideshow still had some replacement parts so i got both replaced.

Oh snap ! That sucks :(

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

Bill

Hey bill :wave
Did you pick up a second Gollum or are they someone else`s pics?

Hi Bosco :wave

Glad to see you around again. :hi5:

Yep, I picked up a second one (International Version) on ebay. :)

Much happier with the full figure display. :yess:

Well worth having IMHO. :wink1:

Bill

I got him recently too!

Here is my showcase. I love to do these videos because I want to bring out the best in the statue and show everyone the potential and how great they can look.

I always would try to search on youtube for videos of statues I wanted and check them out first, but most of the time, it's a crappy video with bad lighting and some guy talking about it for a minute and calling it a review lol

Anyway, no review, here is the showcase. That's all you need. Enjoy :)

[ame]https://youtu.be/NEpzMC-0x58[/ame]

I got him recently too!

Here is my showcase. I love to do these videos because I want to bring out the best in the statue and show everyone the potential and how great they can look.

I always would try to search on youtube for videos of statues I wanted and check them out first, but most of the time, it's a crappy video with bad lighting and some guy talking about it for a minute and calling it a review lol

Anyway, no review, here is the showcase. That's all you need. Enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/NEpzMC-0x58

First off great choice of Music! Dream Theater baby!!!!.:rock:rock

Anyways I just got this guy today and I love it. It is my only LOTR statue and it represent the films perfectly. I use the Smeagol version for display but use the Gollum nameplate, as he was back to full gollum by this point anyways.

Excellent paint apps. and of course and excellent sculpt!! 10 out of 10

A big thanks to ecanes09 for selling me his domestic version!!!! Great seller.

First off great choice of Music! Dream Theater baby!!!!.:rock:rock

Anyways I just got this guy today and I love it. It is my only LOTR statue and it represent the films perfectly. I use the Smeagol version for display but use the Gollum nameplate, as he was back to full gollum by this point anyways.

Excellent paint apps. and of course and excellent sculpt!! 10 out of 10

A big thanks to ecanes09 for selling me his domestic version!!!! Great seller.

Great to hear! Mine should be here in few days, cant freakin wait :) :)
This is also will be my only LOTR statue and Gollum is my fav character. If Gandalf was available it might be difficult to choose though.

Hi Bosco :wave

Glad to see you around again. :hi5:

Yep, I picked up a second one (International Version) on ebay. :)

Much happier with the full figure display. :yess:

Well worth having IMHO. :wink1:

Bill

Good stuff. Having a pair would look great displayed together :cool:

Just looking at this piece now. Hoping somebody can bring me up to speed on the story with it. Here's my questions...

There is no exclusive but there are 2 different edition sizes? 500 for US and 1000 of an International Edition? What does that even mean? Is there any difference in the statues?

The nameplate is interchangeable between Smeagol/Gollum? Do you have the option of displaying it with no nameplate at all or is there a blank space intended for it?

My collection of OT Star Wars characters is almost complete now so I was looking at LOTR. Since this guy is still in stock I'm considering getting him. Without completely committing to a new collection line I always liked the Gollum character as a kid and think he'd make a classic rep for the entire LOTR/Hobbit series which were very well done films IMO.

Just looking at this piece now. Hoping somebody can bring me up to speed on the story with it. Here's my questions...

There is no exclusive but there are 2 different edition sizes? 500 for US and 1000 of an International Edition? What does that even mean? Is there any difference in the statues?

The nameplate is interchangeable between Smeagol/Gollum? Do you have the option of displaying it with no nameplate at all or is there a blank space intended for it?

My collection of OT Star Wars characters is almost complete now so I was looking at LOTR. Since this guy is still in stock I'm considering getting him. Without completely committing to a new collection line I always liked the Gollum character as a kid and think he'd make a classic rep for the entire LOTR/Hobbit series which were very well done films IMO.

the International edition is the one to get as you get two interchangeably body pieces, 2 name plates and a secondary base to put the other body and name plate on.

This is about as perfect a representation as it gets.

the International edition is the one to get as you get two interchangeably body pieces, 2 name plates and a secondary base to put the other body and name plate on.

This is about as perfect a representation as it gets.

Actually both the INTERNATIONAL and DOMESTIC versions feature all these options. Only difference is the numbering on the bottom of the base (500 Domestic, 1000 International) and the paint apps (I think the International has more of a 'reddish' hue on the base rocks and maybe some other slight differences in apps to the Gollum/Smeagal sculpts).

There is little to no difference between the US and International versions, other than under the base and ES numbers, V8Falcon. :wave

And yes there would be a blank intended space if you did not use the nameplates.

Here are some pics of how both look together.

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

Hope this helps.

I have to say this PF is one fantastic piece. :rock

Well worth having, IMHO. :wink1:

Bill

Actually both the INTERNATIONAL and DOMESTIC versions feature all these options. Only difference is the numbering on the bottom of the base (500 Domestic, 1000 International) and the paint apps (I think the International has more of a 'reddish' hue on the base rocks and maybe some other slight differences in apps to the Gollum/Smeagal sculpts).

Strange I could have sworn that the domestic regular only had one body.

No, this piece was originally only supposed to be available to US domestic customers. Hence why it doesn't say any particular version on the base bottom, just the edition size.

Sideshow then made an international version available.

It is an amazing piece though. Get it.

If you're worried about displaying a gaudy nameplate, don't be. They are very subtle and very well done and look great. Swappable to both the bust base and statue base.

There is little to no difference between the US and International versions, other than under the base and ES numbers, V8Falcon. :wave

And yes there would be a blank intended space if you did not use the nameplates.

Here are some pics of how both look together.

DSC01890_Base_Bill.jpg

DSC01889_Bill.jpg

DSC01887_Bill.jpg

DSC01886_Bill.jpg

Hope this helps.

I have to say this PF is one fantastic piece. :rock

Well worth having, IMHO. :wink1:

Bill

Hey thanks! Those pics are great. Really like the pose where he's holding up the Ring. I put in my order today.

Back