Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

I can't ever recall so many people considering to buy both editions of a PF before, but if ever there was a good case for doing so it's this one. I won't bother predicting the cost of this PF bacause I'm usually wrong with such predictions, but I will be very surprised if it's not in the $300 range. I guess we'll find out next week.

2010-10-21_103341.png

2010-10-21_103139.png

2010-10-21_102707.png

2010-10-21_102922.png

I actually don't really see this as Gollum and Smeagol.

The "happy" face is Gollum right after he had bitten off Frodo's finger and took the ring. He is happy because he has his "precious."

Smeagol is the Hobbit that once was that breaks through every once in a while and still has some goodness. To me that is not who falls into the cracks of doom.

I love the smiling sculpt with the raised ring. To me it is definitive Gollum. He had been preserved alive for that very moment.

Too true. If the smiling sculpt also comes with the ring, it is less a sculpt of Smeagol, and more Gollum fulfilled. The Happy Face version is a fantastic sculpt and a nice change from the other versions of Gollum we have seen before in other lines. I hope that the flesh tone isn't too pink though, as the films he is so dingy and dirty I always thought he was a little more on the dirty grey side of things.

I am really excited to be able to preorder soon!

So will he just preview, or be up for order as well ...

:dunno :panic :dunno

Has Sideshow said what these two version are supposed to be? The one with arms down looks to me like gollum is removing the ring from Frodo's finger. If so, then the two versions are basically the same scene from the movie. If so, there is no nameplate issue and no Gollum vs Smeagol aspect to this piece. Therefore, I see no reason to buy copies of this PF.

PS: Sorry I have not read the last 19 pages so this may have been addressed.

Just a thought as to why I think 2 name plates would be O.K. It's a movie based piece and therefore 2 distinct characters were created to show the supposed schizophrenic nature (as opposed to possesed) of 'Gollum'. Both persona's were corrupt with Smeagol often being seen as the most corrupted of the two, so I think Sideshow has has picked an excellent pose to show the solitary creature of Gollum with the ring instead of the obvious pool scene from the film. This could quite easily be a supposed scene from the book where Gollum would sit alone cradling the one ring and talking away to himself of the ectasy and despair of owning his precioussss. :dunno

Did anyone else read that add as saying "Complete your Fellowship"? I had to do a double take before I read it right. :lol

Could somebody help me?. I dont know clearly if they are going to reveal the next LOTR item by surprise during these days or if they are going to make the preorder of it by surprise during these days.
Thanks!. :hi5:

The real question is what is Bag End made of, paper or plastic?

The way I read the preview e-mail (and the previous LOTR pre-orders) is that we will get the preorder this week, not a preview. This piece has been previewed in the Sideshow Sneak Peek Video, and typically LOTR stuff doesn't rate a preview and then the Priority Pre-Order fervor.

Even though the piece is still just Gollum, with two sculpts, I still think the differences are large enough that I might consider both the regular and the exclusive to display both....It is certainly more than a swap out hand. My check book hopes that I only want the one though!!

Some of our spooktacular brethren have found additional details on Gollum during the chat, with a price point, edition size for the exclusive and pictures.

300058_press24-001.jpg

300058_press18-001.jpg

$299 and a LE of 500

Looks like he'll preorder today!

Last edited:

Beat me by a matter of seconds Bullseye!

I may order two as well, given how entirely different they look. I am really pleased with the skin tone too. I can't wait to see more of the angry Gollum though, his portrait isn't as easy to see in those pictures, and I can't quite make out if he is holding something.

Agreed. I might order an exclusive direct from SS and a regular elsewhere to save abit.

The rock piece doesn't look scene specific, as it certainly isn't a rock structure in/around Mount Doom. I wonder if this might be more similar to the structure he sits atop in his cave. Could be a nice lead in to Hobbit Merchandise too and tie the two lines together.

No need to buy two of them...it'll come with a base for the other chest part.

Can't wait to order this guy! :gah::panic::panic:

Back