Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

Woodsy,

I am glad that you have gotten a response from Sideshow, and that you can shed a little hope on the lack of communication. Looking forward to a reveal during the 12 days of Sideshow!:hi5:

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention......:slap SS will be emailing photos of the alternate base to all those who pre-ordered the Gollum PF, though I do not know when this is going to happen. Apparently the alternate base was a "last minute" decision [and a mighty fine one at that!] and as such, it wasn't quite ready when SS had the Gollum/Smeagol photo's taken.

Seaward, you will also be pleased to learn I pleaded a case for Merry and Pippin PF's. I told them a complete Fellowship in PF would restore the confidence alot of LOTR collectors have lost in regard to SS's commitment to the LOTR licence. I also said that would have a positive effect on the maquettes as this was the biggest reason collectors have taken a "wait and see" attitude concerning the maquette line....namely they don't want to end up with another incomplete line. :monkey2

I have heard back from SS Bill and do not worry, the line is not in any trouble. You're right, SS has slowed production somewhat due to an overall decline in LOTR interest, but they fully believe things will pick up significantly once "Hobbit" fever takes over and they have big plans for us once that happens. I was also tipped off about a 12 days of Christmas LOTR feature coming before the end of the month and there will be some maquette-related news for us in that video. :)

Excellent news. And thanks for keeping the pressure on Sideshow. We're still not out of the 'wait and see' phase, but any communication from Sideshow regarding LOTR is welcome news.

I am late to this one, maybe I will place a waitlist, but what is the news on the new line from LOTR, and whats going on with the PF line.

Is the PF line going to continue or has the focus shifted to the new line, are there any items out from that line?

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention......:slap SS will be emailing photos of the alternate base to all those who pre-ordered the Gollum PF, though I do not know when this is going to happen. Apparently the alternate base was a "last minute" decision [and a mighty fine one at that!] and as such, it wasn't quite ready when SS had the Gollum/Smeagol photo's taken.

Seaward, you will also be pleased to learn I pleaded a case for Merry and Pippin PF's. I told them a complete Fellowship in PF would restore the confidence alot of LOTR collectors have lost in regard to SS's commitment to the LOTR licence. I also said that would have a positive effect on the maquettes as this was the biggest reason collectors have taken a "wait and see" attitude concerning the maquette line....namely they don't want to end up with another incomplete line. :monkey2

They just need to come with a Gimli PF !
Gimli is essential.
Aragorn and Legolas are not complete without Gimli ...

Agreed. Gimili is needed. Hopefully we won't be waiting for too much longer.

Excellent news. And thanks for keeping the pressure on Sideshow. We're still not out of the 'wait and see' phase, but any communication from Sideshow regarding LOTR is welcome news.

My pleasure. Sometimes a little "fire under the feet" is all it takes. I for one am really looking forward to the 12 days video, and the upcoming Legolas pre-order in Jan. Hopefully these things will take a bit of the heat off the maquette line...for a while. :)

They just need to come with a Gimli PF !
Gimli is essential.
Aragorn and Legolas are not complete without Gimli ...

It took SS four years to produce a GTG PF....so relax, we will get our Gimli PF....eventually. If there is anything LOTR collectors should have in abundance by now...it's patience. :lecture

I am late to this one, maybe I will place a waitlist, but what is the news on the new line from LOTR, and whats going on with the PF line.

Is the PF line going to continue or has the focus shifted to the new line, are there any items out from that line?

That's just it, there has been no news on the new maquette line....for about six month's now. That'll change this week or next, with the 12 Days of Christmas LOTR video.

And nothing is going on with the PF line....it is going strong and steady.....and slow. Come rain or shine we get about 2 PF's a year. I think most of us would love to see another one or two a year.....but it is what it is. We are all expecting to see the Mordor Orc sometime this year, as well as the highly anticipated Ringwraith on Steed PF :drool

2 Premium Formats a year is really ideal, and I am really stoked about the possibility of a Ringwraith on Steed in 2011. Flexpay will be my friend for sure! 3-4 maquettes a year is a good pace too, but the flow of news and communication could be bumped a little. If we were to get some of the same tantalizing sneak peeks or answered questions that other lines do, I think we would all settle down a little bit. I am so glad that you had a chance to speak with someone regarding the line and express some of our feelings on the board here. Cheers Woodsy!:yess:

FrodoEyes, can you cut out the sniping between you and Woodsy? It isn't any fun to check the boards to just find this sort of talk going back and forth. It is clear that you two have some animosity towards one another, but involving the whole board to gripe at each other can be frustrating to read. Can you both please let bygones be bygones and discuss LOTR and collectibles and leave the slings and arrows to Private Message or carrier pigeon or something?

I do hope that we see a Production video during the 12 days of Sideshow and it seems to be a lock, but PF and maquette news would be great, and I can't wait to get the e-mail regarding the second base.

2 Premium Formats a year is really ideal, and I am really stoked about the possibility of a Ringwraith on Steed in 2011. Flexpay will be my friend for sure! 3-4 maquettes a year is a good pace too, but the flow of news and communication could be bumped a little. If we were to get some of the same tantalizing sneak peeks or answered questions that other lines do, I think we would all settle down a little bit. I am so glad that you had a chance to speak with someone regarding the line and express some of our feelings on the board here. Cheers Woodsy!:yess:

Exactly, and that was the main point of my email. I think a bit better communication from SS in the form of sneak peeks, etc....will make the wait between between pre-orders go a lot smoother.

The release schedule is just fine, but I am glad that you were able to let them know that the lack of communication is frustrating for us as fans, and it certainly seems to affect sentiment enough that it can have an impact on sales. We have seen several people not throw in with the maquette line, as they feel it will be yet another missed opportunity to get the complete fellowship, and the wait and see approach means lowered sales, which can be interpreted as lowered interest in a line, and the circle continues. With a semi-regular news feed or updates, we would feel much more confident about lines moving forward, and more people would likely pursue more product.

The release schedule is just fine, but I am glad that you were able to let them know that the lack of communication is frustrating for us as fans, and it certainly seems to affect sentiment enough that it can have an impact on sales. We have seen several people not throw in with the maquette line, as they feel it will be yet another missed opportunity to get the complete fellowship, and the wait and see approach means lowered sales, which can be interpreted as lowered interest in a line, and the circle continues. With a semi-regular news feed or updates, we would feel much more confident about lines moving forward, and more people would likely pursue more product.

:exactly: Couldn't have said it better myself. I mentioned to SS I would hate to see them misread the situation into thinking the maquette sales were an indication of a general lack of interest, when in part it is an indication many collecters are holding off for fear of another cancelled, and incomplete line. I also said the absence of any maquette news for close to 6 month's was doing nothing to alleviate those fears.

Last edited:

FrodoEyes, can you cut out the sniping between you and Woodsy? It isn't any fun to check the boards to just find this sort of talk going back and forth. It is clear that you two have some animosity towards one another, but involving the whole board to gripe at each other can be frustrating to read. Can you both please let bygones be bygones and discuss LOTR and collectibles and leave the slings and arrows to Private Message or carrier pigeon or something?

I do hope that we see a Production video during the 12 days of Sideshow and it seems to be a lock, but PF and maquette news would be great, and I can't wait to get the e-mail regarding the second base.

Fully agree with you Seaward...very well said mate :clap. I was trying to think of a reply myself, but I think you have said it all for me. Thanks man.

Exactly, and that was the main point of my email. I think a bit better communication from SS in the form of sneak peeks, etc....will make the wait between between pre-orders go a lot smoother.

Yeah, I think we can all agree with you there woodsy.

Bill

Two or three a year is fine especially when your collecting more than one line. If I were solely LoTR PFs I'd like to push it to four or five a year.

lets make 1 PF a month just so we can have more right. :exactly:
Just kidding everyone, 4-5 per year would be good. :hi5: :yess:
So lets stop the :slapbi----ng :nana:at each other and have a great X-mas and get more SS. :hi5::hi5::lecture

I have heard back from SS Bill and do not worry, the line is not in any trouble. You're right, SS has slowed production somewhat due to an overall decline in LOTR interest, but they fully believe things will pick up significantly once "Hobbit" fever takes over and they have big plans for us once that happens. I was also tipped off about a 12 days of Christmas LOTR feature coming before the end of the month and there will be some maquette-related news for us in that video. :)

Good to see people getting a response Woodsy. However, I still see it as a begrudging response from SS to being bombarded with the same old question, namely 'Will there be a Fellowship in PF?'.
The 12 days of Christmas reply fits in with the standard 'We won't give a straight answer on any line, however we will point you towards another line we want you to buy intl'. There will be a Fellowship in the maquette line, they really can't back out of that one, but I didn't invest in that line and likely never will, though they are great looking pieces.

Two or three a year is fine especially when your collecting more than one line. If I were solely LoTR PFs I'd like to push it to four or five a year.

This output works just fine for me. Between Sideshow and Weta producing great LOTR collectibles I've got enough to keep my credit card tied up throughout the year. Not to mention the pieces that are already sold out that I still want to go back and get. I've pretty much abandoned my desire to collect anything beyond LOTR anyway.

I am surprised at the cancellations, I just put in a order for the wait list 3 days ago I think it was and now my order is converting.

Back