Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF available NOW!, Link to buy in 1st post...

I'm thinking they would hold a few allocations aside and that is why we are seeing conversions at this stage. Like others, I don't see people dropping the $30 on the NRD and canceling now. Maybe at ship time there would be a few individuals with situations causing them to cancel. At any rate, congratulations on the conversion.

Still no news on the second base in this weeks newsletter.

Come on SS...let's see what you came up with.

In fact no LOTR news in the newsletter for weeks now.

Bill

Still no news on the second base in this weeks newsletter.

Come on SS...let's see what you came up with

In fairness to SS, we've only had 7 newsletters come and go since the Gollum pre-order. I simply cannot understand how you can expect SS can post some pic's "at the drop of a hat" like this? Clearly, they have been much too busy the past 7 weeks with 4 new SW pre-orders, 2 new Marvel pre-orders and a new Marvel sneak peek video. I believe a public apology to SS on your part is in order. :lecture Though personally, I think a public flogging would be a much more suitable punishment. :wink1: :lol

In fact no LOTR news in the newsletter for weeks now.

Bill

Bill, I think the term "months" would be more accurate. We haven't gotten a reg. newsletter preview or pre-order since the Aragorn maquette back in June. SS provided us with a glimpse as to the next maquette [Gandalf] when they posted Aragorn maquette pic's on June 15th, but the pre-order came out of nowhere on a Monday, 3 weeks later [July 5th]. Gollum pre-ordered on a Tuesday [Oct 26th] during Spooktacular and we got the heads up the Thursday prior to that [Oct 21st], not through the newsletter, but rather an email of instock LOTR collectibles SS sent out to collectors.

Yesterday was the 6 month anniversary, commemorating the last time SS provided a preview, pre-order, or any news related to LOTR in their weekly newsletter. Happy anniversary SS! :clap

I'm thinking they would hold a few allocations aside and that is why we are seeing conversions at this stage. Like others, I don't see people dropping the $30 on the NRD and canceling now. Maybe at ship time there would be a few individuals with situations causing them to cancel. At any rate, congratulations on the conversion.

I should have ordered two. I can't remember, but was there a 1 per customer limit on this piece?

I should have ordered two. I can't remember, but was there a 1 per customer limit on this piece?

No, I ordered 2. If I remember right it was 2 per customer. I just had to have gollum and smeagol...

Last edited:

I don't think there was a maximum order limit on these. I ordered 2 as well to get both persona's.

On a side note. I really hope that the maquette line gets some more news soon (other than the old news of Leggy). I have not bought into this line at all, as I still think it a crappy tactic by SS to avoid answering questions for details on whether or not there will be a Fellowship in PF form and to then more or less promise a Fellowship in a new line after dumping on the 1/6, LSB and dio lines. I'd hate to see another group of LOTR collectors disappointed and for Sideshow to drop the license :dunno

On a side note. I really hope that the maquette line gets some more news soon (other than the old news of Leggy). I have not bought into this line at all, as I still think it a crappy tactic by SS to avoid answering questions for details on whether or not there will be a Fellowship in PF form and to then more or less promise a Fellowship in a new line after dumping on the 1/6, LSB and dio lines. I'd hate to see another group of LOTR collectors disappointed and for Sideshow to drop the license :dunno

It looks to me as if SS said that the new 1/6 line would have the full fellowship in order to help sell the line.
The fact that they (Aragorn and Gandalf) did not sell out tells me that the line died before it even started.
Too bad as they looked real nice.

I hope that SS continues to do the PF line and my fingers are crossed that if they do not make the full fellowship in PF form, that they atleast do Boromir and Gimli in PF form before thie line comes to an end.

No, I ordered 2. If I remember right it was 2 per customer. I just had to have gollum and smeagol...

I don't think there was a maximum order limit on these. I ordered 2 as well to get both persona's.

Yeah, I probably didn't order 2 at the time because of the other stuff I had on pre-order and didn't think I could pull off paying for both pieces simultaneously. I put myself on a waitlist for a second one. I doubt it will convert, but I guess you never know.

It looks to me as if SS said that the new 1/6 line would have the full fellowship in order to help sell the line.
The fact that they (Aragorn and Gandalf) did not sell out tells me that the line died before it even started.
Too bad as they looked real nice.

I hope that SS continues to do the PF line and my fingers are crossed that if they do not make the full fellowship in PF form, that they atleast do Boromir and Gimli in PF form before thie line comes to an end.

Or could it be that Sideshow is purposely holding back for the time being? They've got to know that the release of The Hobbit will revitalize Tolkien mania. Could be that the overall strategy is to piecemeal LOTR releases for the time being, focusing on their more lucrative licenses, and then launch an all out assault on our wallets with LOTR collectibles as we near The Hobbit release date.

Or could it be that Sideshow is purposely holding back for the time being? They've got to know that the release of The Hobbit will revitalize Tolkien mania. Could be that the overall strategy is to piecemeal LOTR releases for the time being, focusing on their more lucrative licenses, and then launch an all out assault on our wallets with LOTR collectibles as we near The Hobbit release date.

If that's the case then I would expect them to lead with the current 'hot' characters from the Hobbit and not the LOTR characters, enticing people to latch onto another line whilst brushing over requests for news on current lines :dunno

Production on the PF substitute maquettes is going to have to kick into overdrive to get the Fellowship out before the Hobbit hits at the current rate :monkey3

Yeah I can see the logic in that Blu. They may have been caught out, like the rest of the world, and aimed at launching the Maquette line when the buzz on The Hobbit was at a high. But with the delay on the movie release due to the MGM situation. They miss times it. But I could be wrong. Sure hope that doesn't mean the line will be at risk of ending before it even begins. But if it continues and the rest of the line reached the same standard as the Aragorn as Strider, we could be in for a truly great collection.

Bill

Yeah I can see the logic in that Blu. They may have been caught out, like the rest of the world, and aimed at launching the Maquette line when the buzz on The Hobbit was at a high. But with the delay on the movie release due to the MGM situation. They miss times it. But I could be wrong. Sure hope that doesn't mean the line will be at risk of ending before it even begins. But if it continues and the rest of the line reached the same standard as the Aragorn as Strider, we could be in for a truly great collection.

Bill

I have heard back from SS Bill and do not worry, the line is not in any trouble. You're right, SS has slowed production somewhat due to an overall decline in LOTR interest, but they fully believe things will pick up significantly once "Hobbit" fever takes over and they have big plans for us once that happens. I was also tipped off about a 12 days of Christmas LOTR feature coming before the end of the month and there will be some maquette-related news for us in that video. :)

I have heard back from SS Bill and do not worry, the line is not in any trouble. You're right, SS has slowed production somewhat due to an overall decline in LOTR interest, but they fully believe things will pick up significantly once "Hobbit" fever takes over and they have big plans for us once that happens. I was also tipped off about a 12 days of Christmas LOTR feature coming before the end of the month and there will be some maquette-related news for us in that video. :)

Great news woodsy, you're 'THE MAN' for getting all the news before everyone else. But what is so great is that you are happy to share it with the rest of us. I applaud you for that mate :clap

I'm really looking forward to see that video :banana. I'm also very happy to know the maquette line is in no danger. It has the potential of being a fantastic line IMHO (H=Humble by the way, as I am not an expert, just a fan) :lol.

Bill

Can we expect any new 1/4 scale news?

I doubt it Robert :(. I think SS are only producing PF and the Maquettes for now at least. Isn't it Weta that's talking about the 1/4 scale character pieces? Although SS did say the Maquette line would merge somewhat with the Dios in some pieces in the future, if memory serves. That should be interesting.

Bill

Hey Bill the PFs are 1/4 scale. They previewed a sketch of an upcoming Orc PF and mentioned that their would be a dark rider PF (assumption that this will be a Ringwraith).

Hey Bill the PFs are 1/4 scale.
Yeah, sorry Robert, you are right. Don't know what I was thinking :slap . You would think I'd know better...I only have them all to-date, with the ML and Gollum on pre-order too. Guess it's time for me to go home and get some rest :panic: Man I sure am looking forward to the Christmas break :thud:

Bill

Great news woodsy, you're 'THE MAN' for getting all the news before everyone else. But what is so great is that you are happy to share it with the rest of us. I applaud you for that mate :clap

I'm really looking forward to see that video :banana. I'm also very happy to know the maquette line is in no danger. It has the potential of being a fantastic line IMHO (H=Humble by the way, as I am not an expert, just a fan) :lol.

Bill

:lol My pleasure Bill, I'm just glad there was something to share. Of course, had SS not taken the time to address my concerns, we'd have nothing to talk about so I am very grateful they have done so. :clap

Apparently my letter was forwarded to everyone at SS who works within the LOTR licence, and while I completely understand their business approach to LOTR at the moment, I did mention that a bit more in the way of communication [in progress videos, sneak peeks , etc...] would go a long way in preventing LOTR collectors from feeling forgotten.

I'm not sure, but I dont see why not. The LOTR Comic Con video featured insight on both the maquette and PF lines. We could get to see an "in progress" glimpse of the Mordor Orc or 1st glimpse of what we all suspect is a Ringwraith on Steed PF. I guess we'll find out soon enough. :dunno

Woodsy,

I am glad that you have gotten a response from Sideshow, and that you can shed a little hope on the lack of communication. Looking forward to a reveal during the 12 days of Sideshow!:hi5:

Back