Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yalll know that name is gonna get you alot of attention round this here forum

:whip:moon

I just liked it before they changed it. I was disappointed that it didn't look anywhere near the sneaks - wasn't a bad statue just didn't turn out to look any where near what I had originally ordered.

I just liked it before they changed it. I was disappointed that it didn't look anywhere near the sneaks - wasn't a bad statue just didn't turn out to look any where near what I had originally ordered.

I gotta agree, the prototype was a thing of beauty indeed but in-hand the production piece is darn near perfection as well.

I know you weren't saying that Guru I meant IMO I don't think the Weta Gandalf is a fail but for me to display them both together would just overshadow what I think is a very good statue (the weta one). :D

O' totally, the scale/size difference alone would just make putting the two together look silly. If I get the PF, it will have to go somewhere on the side, maybe with my Frodo PF. Tho again, due to the base size, with those extra steps making Gandalf a towering height, he may look rather funny next to Frodo as well.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Always a pleasure Wrath :duff

Sooooo you getting this PF or not?? :wacky:wacky

GG me wants the GTG PF so that's a yes I am getting this one for sure!:lol
I had to cancel my Mordor Dio Ex and Leggy Ex PF due to to much going on at Xmas but I might pick them up in the future somewhere even as reg versions. This PF however I would smother me mother for..........well not literally of course but you know what I mean..............GG?......GG?...:angelsmil

GG me wants the GTG PF so that's a yes I am getting this one for sure!:lol
I had to cancel my Mordor Dio Ex and Leggy Ex PF due to to much going on at Xmas but I might pick them up in the future somewhere even as reg versions. This PF however I would smother me mother for..........well not literally of course but you know what I mean..............GG?......GG?...:angelsmil

'GG is not here right now, please leave a message after the tone....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep'

"WTF, 12 messages from Wrath saying crazy things about smothering and the GTG PF and complaining that SW fans got 47 previews this Christmas...I need to either A) go digital, B)get a new tape or C) go ex directory"

What will GG do? YOU decide!!

:lol :lol

Have you been eating too much Xmas Pudding you know they're laced with ampthetamines!!:lol Yeah they call it whiskey but we all know the truth!! :lol

Ok I am stopping as the madness is starting again and we may be accused of hi jacking the thread..........again :naughty

Anyway great Gandalf PF yes good, good, very nice indeeeeeed :angelsmil

Hope Gandy lives up to everyone's expectations cause they appear to be pretty damn high.:lol

Congrats WOS on the 1K.

I assume the clothing for Gandalf is very early prototype stuff, but the grey outercloak looked really nice. I wonder how muddy/weathered they might try to make him though. The weathering on the Aragorn PF is pretty nice (still a little too clean) but the 1:6 scale figure was way to clean for Aragorn. I hope that Gandalf looks suitably grubby!!

Finally a GtG PF. I'm going to kit bash this figure with the 1/4 GtG Weta Bust for the ultimate Gandalf. :monkey3 :D

Not sure about the often suggested 'Light up staff' feature on this one. It looks pretty much on the mark without having a little light on top that is supposed to represent the bright, strong light seen in the film. I think it sounds good in theory but will look crappy in reality.
If the heads are an exclusive (hat / hatless) then that would be O.K, though again I don't think this figure needs anything else.

Maybe this will give everyone a better idea of what GTG will look like.

Not sure about the often suggested 'Light up staff' feature on this one. It looks pretty much on the mark without having a little light on top that is supposed to represent the bright, strong light seen in the film. I think it sounds good in theory but will look crappy in reality.
If the heads are an exclusive (hat / hatless) then that would be O.K, though again I don't think this figure needs anything else.

I'm not even sure if SS has the option of light up features within their PF licensing agreement. They do have that option with their LSB's though for some reason they chose not to use it with the GTG and Balrog busts. :( I did submit a question to SS concerning a potential light up staff for this PF back in Oct. when SS gave us that 1st sneak peek, but they haven't responded to my question yet.

I'm not even sure if SS has the option of light up features within their PF licensing agreement. They do have that option with their LSB's though for some reason they chose not to use it with the GTG and Balrog busts. :( I did submit a question to SS concerning a potential light up staff for this PF back in Oct. when SS gave us that 1st sneak peek, but they haven't responded to my question yet.

That would be a shame if they don't have light up licensing for LOTR PF's, yet they do for Star Wars?

I have to say having a light up feature IMO would cheapen the look of this statue and move it into doll/toy status, a statue is a statue it doesn't need lights, bells and whistles so to speak to add to it if it's good enough which so far this one is. That of course is just my opinion before the attack starts!! :lol :angelsmil

Back