New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Sideshow never bother about closure. They just hope you loose interest and they don't have to make the effort to let you know whats going on.

A fellow boardie, Spidey976, posted a question concerning this line, on Sideshow's Twitter page for me. Hopefully, we get an answer, so be on the lookout! :rock :rock :rock

Big thanks to him. :lecture

BUMP for SDCC!!!

If not another piece to this line, here's to hoping that SOMETHING Buffy related comes our way, sometime soon.

:duff

For everyone else's sake, I hope so. For mine, not so much as I'm selling the maquette line. However, more PF pieces are always welcome in my collection.

I think the one reason why I wouldn't want the PF line to continue or at least why I would want them to revamp the PF line is because there would be such a difference in quality between what was and what is now. It would be night and day, almost.

I've recently been feeling tempted to get rid of the maquettes too. That's a sure way to get closure. Never thought I'd say that about any of my Buffy stuff, but I never felt this line was genuine to what I loved and still love about Buffy and Angel.

Unfortunately except for Buffy, none of them seem to be selling or if they are, they're selling well below retail and the loss with eBay fees would irk me more than the pleasure of closure and reclaiming the space they take up.

I could see myself selling off either the maquette line or the PF line at some point. I will always keep one line but not sure in the long run I need both.

I've recently been feeling tempted to get rid of the maquettes too. That's a sure way to get closure. Never thought I'd say that about any of my Buffy stuff, but I never felt this line was genuine to what I loved and still love about Buffy and Angel.

Yeah for me at least the whole line suffered from the sexism angle. The males were okay, but all the women were depicted in the doggiest of ways. Poor old Willow especially, who looked more like a streetwalker then the shy young character I loved in the series. :dunno

Still love my PF Spike and Angel though. :D

The Buffy (throne) statue is one of my absolute favorites and I also like the attitude behind Faith with her crossbow as well. Although I never got into the PF line, I'd definitely look into it they do a relaunch of the series.

The statue I really want to go with my set is Dawn.

Called SSC and told them about the lack of replies (and disappointment) from them about the line, despite our best efforts to get answers. The representative was apologetic, and said she had not heard of any news, but did say that the production team was backed up on quite a few products, so no telling if something is in the works.

She also added not to give up on emails, so keep 'em coming.

Back