Chernabog Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is my first statue/ Premium format. I had troube getting the wings in as well, but once he's tegether, He's beautiful, and worth all the struggle to get the wings in.

this is my first statue/ Premium format. I had troube getting the wings in as well, but once he's tegether, He's beautiful, and worth all the struggle to get the wings in.

Glad to hear . . . :yess:

and welcome to your new addiction . . . lol

Been waiting for 25+ years for an affordable, yet thoroughly respectable and representative version of this classic Disney figure.

Suffice it to say that today I am one happy fella!

Way to go Sideshow!

Am I the only one here who purchased this piece?

There appears to be little love at all for this classic Disney visage...and Sideshow has done a very respectable job here.

Am I the only one here who purchased this piece?
There appears to be little love at all for this classic Disney visage...and Sideshow has done a very respectable job here.

Judging by the last few pages of this thread, I think everyone who has purchased this piece has absolutely loved it. That includes myself, who adores the thing even though I had a bit of a problem with it.

Anybody who is still on the fence, hop onto the wait list...It's a great piece!!

Choopie, I have to say the light is kind of baffling to me too, though I'd like to see the piece in a dark room with its light on to see how that looks.

I would say the light up feature is basically worthless. I lit it up in a dark room and it just illuminates the body. You can't even see the face. As far as the wings go I was lucky in that only one gave me trouble. Overall it is still a great statue.

I would say the light up feature is basically worthless. I lit it up in a dark room and it just illuminates the body. You can't even see the face. As far as the wings go I was lucky in that only one gave me trouble. Overall it is still a great statue.

Agreed...clearly the light-up feature was an afterthought, and it does not work as I believe SSC intended it to. Doen't matter really, the statue has great presence, and fills a much needed gap in my collection. I'm very happy.

Can anyone give measurements on the piece... specifically I'm curious about the distance from the back of the wings to the front of the base.

I'm wondering what sort of shelf depth I would need to display it properly. I had considered placing it on top of a Detolf... but I'm guessing that won't work.

Can anyone give measurements on the piece... specifically I'm curious about the distance from the back of the wings to the front of the base.

I'm wondering what sort of shelf depth I would need to display it properly. I had considered placing it on top of a Detolf... but I'm guessing that won't work.

From the back wing to the front of the base is approx 10-11".

I got mine today and put it together. I didn't have any problems putting the wings in as others have reported. As a long time collector of WDCC and owner of the two WDCC versions of Cherny, I'm afraid I have to report that I'm am totally underwhelmed by this resin Cherny. The porcelain WDCC Chernys are so much more detailed. The wings are beautifully delicate. The colors are subtle and change across the piece. The Sideshow version by comparison is clunky, stiff and not very detailed. The colors are boring. Worst of all, the points where the wings and the head attach are really awkward. Since this is an animal/creature with no clothing, the points of attachment of the wings and head should be seamless (as they are with the porcelain WDCC) but here you can see quite obvious lines where the head and wings attach. When you have sleeves and collars and clothing these attachment points are less obvious but with this piece it looks really bad. Finally, Cherny in resin (resin is cheaper than porcelain) should be massive. But next to any typical Sideshow PF statue, he looks pretty puny. They should have made him much bigger. Cherny should never look puny. Sideshow did a great job with the Evil Queen and the Rocketeer but Cherny is a real letdown.

Here you go guys.

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

He's more than likely going back due to some paint issue's but other than that I love it.

I got mine today and put it together. I didn't have any problems putting the wings in as others have reported. As a long time collector of WDCC and owner of the two WDCC versions of Cherny, I'm afraid I have to report that I'm am totally underwhelmed by this resin Cherny. The porcelain WDCC Chernys are so much more detailed. The wings are beautifully delicate. The colors are subtle and change across the piece. The Sideshow version by comparison is clunky, stiff and not very detailed. The colors are boring. Worst of all, the points where the wings and the head attach are really awkward. Since this is an animal/creature with no clothing, the points of attachment of the wings and head should be seamless (as they are with the porcelain WDCC) but here you can see quite obvious lines where the head and wings attach. When you have sleeves and collars and clothing these attachment points are less obvious but with this piece it looks really bad. Finally, Cherny in resin (resin is cheaper than porcelain) should be massive. But next to any typical Sideshow PF statue, he looks pretty puny. They should have made him much bigger. Cherny should never look puny. Sideshow did a great job with the Evil Queen and the Rocketeer but Cherny is a real letdown.

Any chance you could post some comparison pics?

I dont think you can compare the WDCC figures with this one. The scale does not allow this to be one piece, those wings are huge!. Although I agree with you the scale should have worked in favor of SS in order to get a better detailing and the size should towered the other WD PFs I am still looking forward to mine.

I dont have the first release of WDCC of Chernie but I do have the tiffany style lamp and the 2nd Version (Ruben Procopio's) I hold both of them very high and considered them almost a perfect representation of the character.

The SS hopefully will also look good between them!

dis_chernabog_light-1.jpg

disney_chernabog_fs.jpg

Wow, the seams between the body and wings look awful, IMO. After seeing more pics, I have to say that I'm quite disappointed in this piece. I still can't get a feel for the colors on this one. Perhaps if I saw it in person, I might have a different outlook, but for now, I'm passing on it.

I love the 2nd WDCC Chernabog by Procopio. It's amazing how much it sells for though. $599 MSRP! Yikes!

Can't wait for him to arrive. Have to say I'm a little disappointed in the size. I thought he would be bigger.

Can't wait for him to arrive. Have to say I'm a little disappointed in the size. I thought he would be bigger.

that is one of the biggest problems, amongst many problems. You can't display him anywhere near the Evil Queen or the Rocketeer or he will look puny. And Cherny should not look puny. The other problems are lack of detail, simplistic colors, and horribly obvious attachment of wings and head.

I love the 2nd WDCC Chernabog by Procopio. It's amazing how much it sells for though. $599 MSRP! Yikes!

Compared to the price of other WDCC porcelain pieces which are much smaller and less complex sculpts, the WDCC Cherny price is fair. Besides you should be able to get it for significant discounts, sometimes up to 25% off. Remember, porcelain is more expensive than resin/polystone. Resin/polystone is the cheapest of materials. Made is China, the resin statues we buy from Sideshow cost them next to nothing to make compared to what they charge us for them. The top boys at Sideshow are laughing all the way to the bank knowing how much we are willing to pay for their cheap Chinese resin due to their slick packaging and promotion.

Last edited:
Back