New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed 100%.

That Black Dress Buffy is hard to beat. I still wish they would have released another Buffy version with the new line. I liked what we got, but a standing pose would have been nice too.

Yea they do need to revisit her again. Everything about her is perfect, except the face, she is definitely the weakest out of all of them.

Agreed again.

This is starting to bring me back to the good ol' days, SS. (ie. a whole three years ago when the line was first announced. :monkey2 :lol)

I'm still scratching my head as to why this line went MIA.

The sad part is that in no way is this line complete. Where are Giles, Cordy and Xander? This line deserves the COMPLETE Scooby gang!

The sad part is that in no way is this line complete. Where are Giles, Cordy and Xander? This line deserves the COMPLETE Scooby gang!

Yep, it is a shame. At this point I doubt they will be finishing it. Maybe they are just taking a break but they have a lot of other lucrative licenses to be working on now.

I sent SS a snail mail letter last week begging them to give us a Giles and Xander for the new line. I also suggested a few dioramas: the Buffy, Angel, and Acathla scene in "Becoming", the tower scene from "The Gift", and Dark Willow skinning Warren from "Two to Go".

Last edited:
Keep us updated as to a reply, etc.

I actually bumped the 'Ask Sideshow' thread on here earlier today with a question, similar to your request. I'm hoping to hear something. All I got for an answer before was continue to submit questions via Sideshow's website, wait until after Comic Con, etc.

Well, that's been quite some time now. And we've yet to hear anything. I guess all I'd like is a 'Hey, we have something in the works. Be patient.' or a 'Hey, the line is dead. Move on.'

I'd be happy with just anything type of closure at this point, whether it's what I want to hear or not. :dunno

I received a "response" to the letter I sent SS about more Buffy products today in the mail. They sent me a 2013 art of SS calendar with NO letter or anything. Hopefully I'll get something else in the future with an actual reply to my letter...but I doubt it.

I received a "response" to the letter I sent SS about more Buffy products today in the mail. They sent me a 2013 art of SS calendar with NO letter or anything. Hopefully I'll get something else in the future with an actual reply to my letter...but I doubt it.

Something about this whole thing is weird. I don't know how else to put it. :lol

We've emailed them the same questions, over and over. No answer. We've posted numerous times (including a whole thread dedicated to the concern), all of which has been seen by SSC. At best, we were told to email SSC about it (Although, to be fair, SSC was kind enough to at least acknowledge the inquiry.) Now, you send them a written letter and get a calendar in place of a written response.

Not that I don't appreciate SSC because I do. They make remarkable products and have a great customer service department, but I can't figure out why a simple 'yes or no' answer can't be made about the future of the line, especially considering the number and type of questions they answer all of the time. In the beginning, I would have said a 'maybe' would be have been fine, but it's been well over a year since the last piece (Angel) went up for pre-order. I think it's safe to say that a definite answer could be made at this point.

Sideshow, please? :(

sideshow's probably given up on the line. it's had 2 cracks in 2 different formats and gone nowhere

I think crack number 2 was a mistake. This is of course my opinion. I think what would have been better is continue the PF line, give us Faith, Willow, etc like they did with the 1/5, and then finish it with one final Buffy sculpted by Trevor, only. I honestly think that would have been the best idea. sadly I do not work for SSC in the dept that decides all of this, so it didn't happen.

I think crack number 2 was a mistake. This is of course my opinion. I think what would have been better is continue the PF line, give us Faith, Willow, etc like they did with the 1/5, and then finish it with one final Buffy sculpted by Trevor, only. I honestly think that would have been the best idea. sadly I do not work for SSC in the dept that decides all of this, so it didn't happen.

I concur. At the end of the day, we have some great PF and 1/5 statues, but the "set" is nowhere near complete. At the very least it would be great to have key scoobies Giles and Xander. Oz, Anya and Tara would be great too. And it would have been fun to have some big bads thrown in like Glory, the Master, etc. but I'm not sure if enough people are as hardcore as me to buy those. I would also support PF or 1/5 Angel show characters like Cordy (if not included in the Buffy line), Wesley, Fred/Illyria, etc.

Has somebody with a Twitter account (or will somebody with a Twitter account) tweeted SSC and just ask them straight up, what's the status of this line?

Granted, we haven't heard anything in over a year+, since Angel's release. And many will say that the writing is on the wall. But I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why we haven't had our 'Ask Sideshow' questions answered.

All I'm hoping for is a 'yes or no' directly from Sideshow.

Has somebody with a Twitter account (or will somebody with a Twitter account) tweeted SSC and just ask them straight up, what's the status of this line?

Granted, we haven't heard anything in over a year+, since Angel's release. And many will say that the writing is on the wall. But I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why we haven't had our 'Ask Sideshow' questions answered.

All I'm hoping for is a 'yes or no' directly from Sideshow.

I believe I remember being told it's pretty dead.

Back