Chernabog Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the box for Chernabog at work, and the dimensions are not what I was expecting! The box is 11" x 16" x 24" roughly, so I would imagine that this has some assembly required. I'll be able to give some brief thoughts, but this is a gift, so I will only be checking for damage when I unpack it at home.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like this. Which makes me sad. I was looking forward to a Fantasia piece. I'll wait until I see in-hand photos, but I guess I'll have to sit back and wait for a Sorcerer Mickey...if Sideshow ever does one.

Mine gets here on Monday. I'm very excited about this piece! A bit of assembling is no problem, that seems to be normal these days (i.e. Scarlet Witch).

Keep the faith Choopie! Although a Sorcerer Mickey PF would indeed be pretty sweet! :)

Going to be interesting to see how it all turns out, but yes, just think how many more would be sold, if they did a Sorcerer Mickey PF instead.

I just fear it's all falling on deaf ears over at SS right now.

Yep, SS really doesn't seem to be interested in pursuing the Disney license. I can understand their perspective since the Evil Queen EX is still up for sale. On the other hand, we've discussed at length how poorly they've been marketing the line.

Long story short, I hope they find a way to get excited about the line again.

Mine is out for delivery today! Hopefully I can get some pics and info up when it arrives.

My camera crapped out (the LCD screen on the back has come off), but I did just peek inside the box for my friend's gift before storing it aside for his birthday. The paint job is very dynamic, and somewhat darker than I would have expected, with the blues being very dark and rich, and the orange to yellow highlights are very vibrant, but really do serve as highlights. The base has a small bulb that looks to nicely illuminate the statue from below, but I didn't test this. I just opened the foam paper enough to make sure we didn't have any cracks or chips. All in all, it looks really nice, and the two different headsculpts are terrific!

Hey all, just got mine today and while he looks great, his light-up feature is broken so he'll be heading back to SS if the customer service dept. ever returns my call...But I did snap some pics, I'll put them up in a bit.

Really looking forward to them Sigep and really sorry to hear it's not perfect. I know the feeling and it's not fun.

Thanks Gorehound...I went ahead and emailed SS with pics of the damages, hopefully they can just replace the base as it looks beautiful. So anyways, here are the pics I took. Kind of rushed, and my camera sucks, but hey, I did my best!

I definitely like the smiling head better. Both heads are held in place with magnets in addition to a large plug. The wings are held in place with plugs and a metal rod. I had difficulty getting them in completely, so the in the pics the wings aren't in all the way.

Anyways, I've attached pics of the box, a couple of different statue shots, as well as a shot of the loose button if anyone has any tips. I tried to gently pull it out with toothpicks, but the thing is completely lost inside.

Thanks Gorehound...I went ahead and emailed SS with pics of the damages, hopefully they can just replace the base as it looks beautiful. So anyways, here are the pics I took. Kind of rushed, and my camera sucks, but hey, I did my best!

I definitely like the smiling head better. Both heads are held in place with magnets in addition to a large plug. The wings are held in place with plugs and a metal rod. I had difficulty getting them in completely, so the in the pics the wings aren't in all the way.

Anyways, I've attached pics of the box, a couple of different statue shots, as well as a shot of the loose button if anyone has any tips. I tried to gently pull it out with toothpicks, but the thing is completely lost inside.

Hello,
I'm new here and new to Sideshow collecting, but I just got this figure and thought I'd chime in. I got the exclusive, and think it is really amazing. Everything is great. One thing I'm not happy about is how difficult the wings were to get in. I eventually did, but it seems unavoidable to scratch the paint at the edges of the reservoirs that the wings fit into. The up side is that the chipped paint is covered by the installed wings. I found very minor pin prick paint voids, I'm not sure if that is normal. I didn't find any on the face or anywhere noticeable. The Minion Demon that is part of the exclusive is pretty neat, but not in a dynamic pose of any sort. Overall, he is really a fantastic piece. I'm not sure how much the exclusive version is worth over the regular (I have 104/200) but I think I will keep him and not sell, at least for awhile.
-ch

Hello,
I'm new here and new to Sideshow collecting, but I just got this figure and thought I'd chime in. I got the exclusive, and think it is really amazing. Everything is great. One thing I'm not happy about is how difficult the wings were to get in. I eventually did, but it seems unavoidable to scratch the paint at the edges of the reservoirs that the wings fit into. The up side is that the chipped paint is covered by the installed wings. I found very minor pin prick paint voids, I'm not sure if that is normal. I didn't find any on the face or anywhere noticeable. The Minion Demon that is part of the exclusive is pretty neat, but not in a dynamic pose of any sort. Overall, he is really a fantastic piece. I'm not sure how much the exclusive version is worth over the regular (I have 104/200) but I think I will keep him and not sell, at least for awhile.
-ch

Yep, I agree that the wings are terribly difficult to get into place...And since my base had a busted light, I didn't even bother in my pics. I had similar problems with my Venom comiquette's foot, but now he settles right into place.

Not sure why this happens with SS products, but as you wrote, I don't feel it detracts from the piece.

Update: SS is looking into finding a replacement for me. May not be possible due to the limited edition size of the piece. I'll keep you informed.

Ooo boy. Between the broken light and the wing installation problems, Sideshow might have a mess on their hands if more collectors have these issues...especially if they don't have enough replacements.

I'm not sure about this one. Thanks for posting pics sigep, but I'd love to see more, especially of the paint apps. Looks like the paint is darker than the prototype and I'm not sure if I like the overall paint scheme.

Again, not really sure why they included the light feature, especially when it's part of the base, which is the most beautiful aspect of the piece.

Choopie, I have to say the light is kind of baffling to me too, though I'd like to see the piece in a dark room with its light on to see how that looks.

I've got the base boxed up already in hopes I can get my replacement, so I won't be taking any more pics at this point...I really do like the overall paint scheme, however. The light blue used on the body of Chernabog is a metallic, reflective paint which looks really cool, and the yellow meant to be light from the volcano is subtle on the wings and face, just as it should be.

I would like to reccommend this piece 100%, but until I get a piece that's completely functional, I just can't.

If SS cannot find a replacement, I intend to ship it back for a full refund. This is terribly sad to me, as I was REALLY looking forward to the piece. I've been bent out of shape about it since Cherny arrived.

Choopie, I have to say the light is kind of baffling to me too, though I'd like to see the piece in a dark room with its light on to see how that looks.

I've got the base boxed up already in hopes I can get my replacement, so I won't be taking any more pics at this point...I really do like the overall paint scheme, however. The light blue used on the body of Chernabog is a metallic, reflective paint which looks really cool, and the yellow meant to be light from the volcano is subtle on the wings and face, just as it should be.

I would like to reccommend this piece 100%, but until I get a piece that's completely functional, I just can't.

If SS cannot find a replacement, I intend to ship it back for a full refund. This is terribly sad to me, as I was REALLY looking forward to the piece. I've been bent out of shape about it since Cherny arrived.

They should have no problem getting you a replacement . . these just started to ship out . . .

Looks nice though . . .

Back