Star Wars Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Personally looking forward to threepeo, R2D2 and Stormtrooper PF!

Excuse my ignorance, but we've known about all these (except the 1:1 Stormtrooper) for some time; are they indicating the releases will be soon?

I've had the one of the shown 3PO pix for nearly a year...

Looks like the Stormie has a 'Hero' helmet again, same as the 1/6. :(

I wish they would give them the 'Stunt' helmets with the longer mouth on the ends. They look A LOT better. :clap

No one mentioned the nod to the eventual 1:1 Stormtrooper and how the PF will be a nice little prototype for it?

The problem is that it will be an inaccurate overpriced 1:1 Stormtrooper statue. You'd get a much better 1:1 Stormtrooper if having an armor custom made by fans or getting it from SDS, and putting the armor on a mannequin. If 501st approved, then even better.

If that is true I again say that I'm glad SDS got the rights to do their stuff at least in EU. LFL is going more and more crazy.

A shame that SDS lies about what they did for the movies, and steals the credit from a dead woman who did the sculpting.

All I care about is that it's not made of plastic like Boba Fett. Not sure I want another rendition of emperor on throne, but the light up feature sounds nice, more important to me that the various poses (those muscular outstretched arms look funny belonging to mr. shrivel face).

A shame that SDS lies about what they did for the movies, and steals the credit from a dead woman who did the sculpting.

Still they do a great job on the armors and helmets. And they are more accurate than a 1:1 SS statue would be alas.

Still they do a great job on the armors and helmets. And they are more accurate than a 1:1 SS statue would be alas.

Perhaps. But they are still stealing.

Part of the issue with 'accuracy' is that your average collectors just sees 'Stormtrooper! Cool!'. If they received a purely accurate item, they'd demand their money back, because it would look like crap.

Part of the issue with 'accuracy' is that your average collectors just sees 'Stormtrooper! Cool!'. If they received a purely accurate item, they'd demand their money back, because it would look like crap.

I know what you mean with the accuracy but don't forget that not every stormtrooper is the same in the movies.

Stealing or not, I'm glad they are not under Lucas greedy hand. One day I hope to get a TIE Pilot from them, since they are still shipping in EU.

As for purely accurate items, that would be quite impossible, not only because of scaling down but because most of the props indeed look like crap. Just look at some of the ILM AT-AT real props and you'll see what I mean.

But I wasn't necessarily talking about 100% accurate helmet or armor. I was talking about a more accurate one. Look at the helmet of the SS 1:6 Stormie and compare it to Gentle Giant bust, Kotobukiya statue or Marmit figure. They all look better than the SS version, in fact the GG bust is the most accurate in any size, maybe excepting 1:1. But GG also blew it with the newer Stormtrooper statue which is worse than the SS figure.

I'm a big Stormtrooper fan, but still not going nuts over details like other fans. Even so when looking at the SS 1:6 Stormie helmet I know something is not there right. The cheap looking Kotobukiya Stormtrooper/Luke has a much better looking helmet than the SS version. I understand that SS wants to idealize the helmet but from idealization (making it symmetrical etc.) to adding up in size on the lower jaw for example is a long way.

So in conclusion, if I didn't made myself clear since my native language is not English, I don't mind an idealized helmet and armor on the PF or the 1:1 statue (though as I said I won't get the life-size statue due to the reasons above), as long as they don't go (too far) on artistic interpretations of how a Stormtrooper "should" look.

And for God's sake make the codpiece larger :monkey4:exactly:

And since the new year is getting close here: Happy New Year everyone!

happynewyeardroids.jpg

I just measured the Stormtrooper #2134 from the movie and the images, his helmet dome curvature is less covex by 2 degrees (give or take 2 degrees). This has let me to believe that I will not get the Stormtrooper the second he is released, but may order him a few seconds later instead.

:mwaha

And then continue to complain about it's inaccuracy and cost everytime someone mentions it.

Every piece should be the idealistic of that said mold. Obviously the only reason the stormtrooper helmets were different is the shortcomings of the molding process in the 70s and 80s. If Star Wars universe were real, set in such a technological advanced society every stormie would be wearing the exact same bucket on their heads..like the clone troopers did.

Screen accurate to me, isn't Star Wars accurate. Screen accurate is the best they could deliver for us with their vision in terms of the costumes. They had to work within their limitations. But it doesn't mean we have to as well.

I agree with that idea personally. Of course, there are two very different philosophies when it comes to props. Many feel they should be exact representations of what was on screen, even if that means they look bad in person. Others want their props to be "in universe," meaning that they want something resembling what the object would look like if we could be in the Star Wars universe.

So I just caught a glimpse of the SW pieces in process... Gotta say, I'm pretty stoked about what they're doing. Looks like it's gonna be a tempting/expensive year.... :lol

Every piece should be the idealistic of that said mold. Obviously the only reason the stormtrooper helmets were different is the shortcomings of the molding process in the 70s and 80s. If Star Wars universe were real, set in such a technological advanced society every stormie would be wearing the exact same bucket on their heads..like the clone troopers did.

Screen accurate to me, isn't Star Wars accurate. Screen accurate is the best they could deliver for us with their vision in terms of the costumes. They had to work within their limitations. But it doesn't mean we have to as well.

I agree with that idea personally. Of course, there are two very different philosophies when it comes to props. Many feel they should be exact representations of what was on screen, even if that means they look bad in person. Others want their props to be "in universe," meaning that they want something resembling what the object would look like if we could be in the Star Wars universe.

I agree, and I think it really applies to 1/6, PF, and even 1:1 figures because they aren't meant as prop replicas. They are meant to be how the figure would look "in universe".

Back