Four more Marvel series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.deadline.com/2013/10/ma...of-four-series-a-mini-for-vod-cable-networks/

EXCLUSIVE: The notorious secrecy that surrounds Marvel‘s projects has been heightened to the nth degree for this one. No one would breathe a word, with rumors that everyone from top to bottom is bound by strict nondisclosure agreements, but I hear that Marvel is quietly putting together a package of four drama series and a miniseries — a total of some 60 episodes — that would be taken out to the VOD and cable space, with Netflix, Amazon and WGN America rumored as potential candidates. Feelers had been send out, and I hear there’s already interest from digital platforms and traditional cable networks in the package, which I hear is in very early stages with very little talent attached. Reps for Marvel refused any comment. The company has been so adamant about keeping its projects under wraps that ABC topper Paul Lee joked at TCA in August that critics who wanted to attend a screening of the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot — the only one in ages to not be distributed in advance — could expect to be asked to submit “a sample of your grandmother’s urine or the Marvel guys won’t let you in.” In addition to S.H.I.E.L.D., which was just given a full-season order, as we first reported, Marvel is developing a potential TV series inspired by Agent Carter, a one shot featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3. It is unclear whether that project is being earmarked for ABC or would be part of the VOD/cable package. Committing to 60 episodes off the bat is a big undertaking for a network/digital service but would make sense for outlets new to scripted programming that are looking to quickly build up a slate and want to capitalize on the Marvel brand.

Any guesses?

Based on the fairly boring ideas they've rolled out so far, I would guess one on Selvig and his research team (like a less exciting version of CSI), one on a Sex in the City type show about Natalie Portman's friend, a She-Hulk courtroom drama, and Damage Control.

KzLOxhH.png

I think a mini-series about the clean-up effort after the "Battle for New York" is an interesting idea. Maybe it if was a faux documentary, tongue in cheek, type thing.

They really ought to create a sort of "Marvel Knights" sub-universe that isn't quite connected to the actual MCU, but is its own interconnected thing. Imagine it: Punisher and Daredevil cross paths in each of their respective Netflix Original Series' for mature audiences; Blade and Moon Knight; etc., etc.

Here is hoping one of them is Daredevil, as he would not be getting a feature film for sometime.

Could be a Thor series done like Hercules but focus on the rest of Asgard instead

Tony Stark: The Early Years see how the super genius built up his empire

Rocket Racoon & The Furry Avengers: CGI Animated TV series based on everyones favourite gun totting Racoon and his band of Woodland sidekicks like Machine Gun Marsupial, Dynamite Dear & Blaster Bird taking on the evil Possum agents of S.A.P (Special Attack Possums)

Young Avengers 90210: See how the youngest Super Heroes in the Marvel Universe cope with life in the Posh Beverly Hills Suburb
See them deal with the pressures of School & growing up with Super Powers

Neil

Could be a Thor series done like Hercules but focus on the rest of Asgard instead

Tony Stark: The Early Years see how the super genius built up his empire

Rocket Racoon & The Furry Avengers: CGI Animated TV series based on everyones favourite gun totting Racoon and his band of Woodland sidekicks like Machine Gun Marsupial, Dynamite Dear & Blaster Bird taking on the evil Possum agents of S.A.P (Special Attack Possums)

Young Avengers 90210: See how the youngest Super Heroes in the Marvel Universe cope with life in the Posh Beverly Hills Suburb
See them deal with the pressures of School & growing up with Super Powers

Neil

They're not Warner Bros. :nono :lol

I wont mind seeing a Heroes for Hire show, Powerman/ Luke Cage and Iron Fist. It could be like this....:wink1:
[ame="https://youtu.be/76U28mTEmGk"]https://youtu.be/76U28mTEmGk[/ame]

Back