CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So uh... anybody watching this? I was considering dropping this like I did with Flash, but I did a speed-watch of S5 and started with S6 on time. I... honestly enjoy this, still. It's a fun little show that's still watchable. They toned doned the CW stuff a bit, we've got regular costumes, lots of comic book stuff, I like it. LoT & Flash became waaaaay too cheesy & CW for me, but Arrow still toes the line between "muh realism" and campyness.

This is the only CW comic show I still watch. Really liked S1 and S2. S3 and S4 were a train wreck. S5 turned things around and S6 has been good so far.

Same here. I dropped Flash two or three episodes in S3, and LoT... I don't think I ever reached the half-mark of S1. Maybe it's because I've been watching this since, what, 2011, but I still watch it without it being a chore.

Same here. I dropped Flash two or three episodes in S3, and LoT... I don't think I ever reached the half-mark of S1. Maybe it's because I've been watching this since, what, 2011, but I still watch it without it being a chore.

Was S3 of Flash last year? I stopped watching after the 2 or 3 episode last year. Too campy and silly for me. LoT I made it through most of S1, but it was even campier and sillier than Flash.

I always liked Arrow because of the darker, more adult tone it took. It is getting back to that, so I plan on sticking with it.

I also watch Gotham (which has been great, but this season is starting off slow) and Agents of Shield (which comes back in Jan).

Started watching The Gifted (X-men spinoff), decent so i'll give it 10 episodes or so before making a decision.

Was S3 of Flash last year? I stopped watching after the 2 or 3 episode last year. Too campy and silly for me. LoT I made it through most of S1, but it was even campier and sillier than Flash.

I always liked Arrow because of the darker, more adult tone it took. It is getting back to that, so I plan on sticking with it.

I also watch Gotham (which has been great, but this season is starting off slow) and Agents of Shield (which comes back in Jan).

Started watching The Gifted (X-men spinoff), decent so i'll give it 10 episodes or so before making a decision.

I... think so? Yeah, S3 was last year, and now S4 has just started... I think... It became too cheesy for me. Same as LoT. I liked Stein andthe Comic Book stuff, but... nah.

Gotham I also keep up with. It's like someone took Burton, '66, Nolan, some weird Elsewords book, put them on a blender, then mixed thatwith Adderal, and gave that to everyone involved. It's just crazy fun.

AoS I'm legitimately impressed with, as it handles drama very good, especially compared to the Flash and LoT type shows. It's a legitimately good show, not just a good capeshow. Everyone brings their A-Game, and the Mindframe fallout was very emtional due to Mack and Fitz.

I'm watching the Gifted as well, and it's pretty nice. Nothing extraordinary so far, but I like it well enough. After Legion, I've been paying a bit more attention to the Fox-Verse.

I'm also keeping up with Lucifer. It's nothing like the book, but it's dumb fun, and Ellis is very charming.

Arrow I still like because, despite all the CW drama, I grew to like the characters, and I'm fond of the grim & campy mix they've got going on.

I... think so? Yeah, S3 was last year, and now S4 has just started... I think... It became too cheesy for me. Same as LoT. I liked Stein andthe Comic Book stuff, but... nah.

Gotham I also keep up with. It's like someone took Burton, '66, Nolan, some weird Elsewords book, put them on a blender, then mixed thatwith Adderal, and gave that to everyone involved. It's just crazy fun.

AoS I'm legitimately impressed with, as it handles drama very good, especially compared to the Flash and LoT type shows. It's a legitimately good show, not just a good capeshow. Everyone brings their A-Game, and the Mindframe fallout was very emtional due to Mack and Fitz.

I'm watching the Gifted as well, and it's pretty nice. Nothing extraordinary so far, but I like it well enough. After Legion, I've been paying a bit more attention to the Fox-Verse.

I'm also keeping up with Lucifer. It's nothing like the book, but it's dumb fun, and Ellis is very charming.

Arrow I still like because, despite all the CW drama, I grew to like the characters, and I'm fond of the grim & campy mix they've got going on.

Sounds like we have very similar tastes in tv shows. I'll have to check out Legion.

So, like with "Da Flush" S3, I've decided to give S5 a chance and just sat through last 4 episodes of it...
Only the last two were kinda worth it. Same hot mess but at least it was fun to see Slade and Merlyn again.

The only good things about S5 were:
1) very good main plot and villain;
2) cool flashbacks that had its own cool villain;

And that's pretty much it.
They've tried to damage control but it just didn't work.
90% of new characters are trash or mishandled.
90% of side plots are boring and doesn't fit with the overall narrative.

___

I've rewatched S1 and S2 before goin' back to S5... Feels good, man! They had their flaws but also that special something in every episode that made me care for characters and their stories. Both Merlyn and Slade were awesomely written villains perfectly played by two very entertaining actors.
Too bad everything went downhill after that.

Last seasons finale was pretty kewl with all the characters gathered and fighting.

This season is off to a decent start. Is his little boy gonna become the new Speedy?

I've tried to watch this season on and off but the show is just a shadow of what it was the first two seasons.... DC seems to do that with their TV shows come out strong and then nose dive into the ground. Taking one popular character and surrounding them with D-List characters is not the way to go IMO... but DC keeps trying it on all their shows... It's one of the reasons Smallville went down hill after the 4th season.

I think the whole Team Arrow and Team Flash concepts have pretty much killed the shows...

Don't get how Rene is all high and mighty when he was the one who betrayed Oliver at the beginning. :cuckoo:

So the smartest computer genius gets dooped by a doctored video? This show is getting stupider and stupider. I think CW needs to limit all their superhero shows to two seasons only.

And isn’t Oliver supposed to be closely monitored by the FBI still? :lol Arrow is definitely the worst of these 4 shows and has been since the beginning.

Back