CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season started off great. But there were too many episodes of where the heroes knew what was going to happen, came up with a plan/tech to stop what was going to happen and then were defeated. Obviously The Think should out-think them and win, but there were to many of those and became filler.

Finale was decent. They musta watched the burly brawl from Matrix Reloaded.

Now we get another speedster.

I read there will be no speedster villain next season.

Good. The Thinker was a nice change of pace for this last season. My only complaint is they almost made
him too flawless at executing his plan, to the point where when they finally did beat him, I didn’t quite buy
it. There were some enjoyable parts of the season finale though, and I’m glad they’re going to continue the
trend of not making another speedster the villain next year. After Reverse Flash, Zoom, and Savitar, they
were running the risk of going back to the well, one too many times.

I need a good art print of the flash and arrow going to get some autopgrahs at Supanova next month wish i had a nice art piece.

john-wesley-shipp-the-flash.jpg
attachment.php

jonny shipp is back in his 90s flash suit :clap

Original Flash John Wesley Shipp Suits Up in Arrowverse Crossover First Look
By Andy Swift / October 22 2018, 6:07 PM PDT

The Flash John Wesley Shipp
Courtesy of Twitter

Holy Shipp! This latest sneak peek from the Arrowverse’s “Elseworlds” crossover event is the most exciting one yet: Executive producer Marc Guggenheim on Monday posted a picture of John Wesley Shipp suited up in his original Flash costume, tweeting, “After seven years, this just might be the coolest thing we’ve ever done.”

Shipp, who plays father to Grant Gustin on The Flash, formerly portrayed speedster Barry Allen on CBS’ short-lived Flash series from 1990 to 1991. In addition to Guggenheim’s behind-the-scenes gift, Gustin also shared a doozy of a group shot: Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, Stephen Amell as The Flash, Shipp also as The Flash and Gustin as the Green Arrow. Behold:

This year’s Arrowverse crossover event will air Sunday, Dec. 9 through Tuesday, Dec. 11, comprised of the ninth episodes of The Flash (airing on a special night), Arrow and Supergirl (airing on a special night). Guest stars include Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black) as Batwoman/Kate Kane, Tyler Hoechlin (reprising his role as Supergirl‘s Superman/Clark Kent), Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as Lois Lane, Jeremy Davies (Lost) as Arkham Asylum doc John Deegan), LaMonica Garrett (Designated Survivor) as Mar Novu aka The Monitor and Cassandra Jean Amell as Mr. Freeze’s wife, Nora.

Pretty crazy how the 90s Flash still looks better than the younger dude now.

I have the Wesley Ship Flash on Dvd and watch it every now and then. I still like the suit and he was great in the role. Lots of cool ideas that they tried and it was too bad the show was so expensive back then to do that they canceled it after moving the time slot around.

I cant believe the crossover is gonna be against the Anti-Monitor. Oh boy. It'll be a low budget disaster. These shows are all awful. I think I'm finally calling it quits this season with The Flash after last seasons painful struggle to get through staying on board with the dragged out terrible Thinker.

Never watched Arrow, Supergirl is unwatchable since pretty much the beginning and Legends is hit or miss, but mostly miss.

I don't know which is worse. The TV Arrowverse or the failed DCEU movie verse. Thanks for all the bad memories WB/DC...:(

Thankfully I have lots of good animated movies and TV animated series for when I need a DC fix. And the Nolan verse Batman movies of course

john-wesley-shipp-the-flash.jpg
attachment.php

jonny shipp is back in his 90s flash suit :clap

Original Flash John Wesley Shipp Suits Up in Arrowverse Crossover First Look
By Andy Swift / October 22 2018, 6:07 PM PDT

The Flash John Wesley Shipp
Courtesy of Twitter

Holy Shipp! This latest sneak peek from the Arrowverse’s “Elseworlds” crossover event is the most exciting one yet: Executive producer Marc Guggenheim on Monday posted a picture of John Wesley Shipp suited up in his original Flash costume, tweeting, “After seven years, this just might be the coolest thing we’ve ever done.”

Shipp, who plays father to Grant Gustin on The Flash, formerly portrayed speedster Barry Allen on CBS’ short-lived Flash series from 1990 to 1991. In addition to Guggenheim’s behind-the-scenes gift, Gustin also shared a doozy of a group shot: Melissa Benoist as Supergirl, Stephen Amell as The Flash, Shipp also as The Flash and Gustin as the Green Arrow. Behold:

This year’s Arrowverse crossover event will air Sunday, Dec. 9 through Tuesday, Dec. 11, comprised of the ninth episodes of The Flash (airing on a special night), Arrow and Supergirl (airing on a special night). Guest stars include Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black) as Batwoman/Kate Kane, Tyler Hoechlin (reprising his role as Supergirl‘s Superman/Clark Kent), Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as Lois Lane, Jeremy Davies (Lost) as Arkham Asylum doc John Deegan), LaMonica Garrett (Designated Survivor) as Mar Novu aka The Monitor and Cassandra Jean Amell as Mr. Freeze’s wife, Nora.

That suit looks better than the JL movie suit.

I know not everyone is a fan of this show but one must respect the lengths they go to with their homages. First casting JWS as the father of The Flash, then making him Golden age Flash, and now he is in the original Flash costume from the original TV show.

There are also countless other cameos and reference throughout the seasons and the love and respect that goes into this show by the showrunners can’t be ignored.

Not really the crossover events are always self contained story arcs that have no bearing or impact on the individual shows themselves. If you know who the characters are or have seen any episodes in the past that is enough.

Actually ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ affects all the series to some degree. Spoilers ahead, but I think you would have watched parts 1-3 by now.

On an episode of Black Lightning before the crossover, Black Lightning’s Earth was vaporized and he was teleported to Earth-1. Also Earth-38 was vaporized as well, during the crossover. So all of Supergirl and cast are on Earth-1 as well.

Back