Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats the suicide buggy...plant c4s on the buggy, drive it strait into a tank bail out and detonate.

I loved doing that in BF2. Made me LOL every time.

Did you download the newest drivers for NVIDIA?

I have dual GTS 450s which equals to your video card. I have settings on high.

Yes. I tried the game with the previous drivers. It froze. Then updated the drivers. Still froze.

Both. In multiplayer, it happens within a couple minutes. I was able to play campaign for about 15 minutes though.

Did you try lowering video settings?

Something weird must be going on: do a CLEAN install of the driver again. Aside from the typical install, there's another a custom option that deletes the old drivers prior installation. Try that.

If that doesn't work; more RAM may help. Can't go wrong with 8 GB. They're selling 16 GB DDR3-1333 MHz for $35 at tiger direct.

What's the wattage on your power supply? That might be a factor?

Is your graphics card overclocked? Many factory overclocked graphics cards have issues, sometimes they can be fixed by using a program like EVGA Precision to lower the speed. I had that issue with my old graphics card where Crysis would crash after a few minutes.

No it isn't overclocked. It's an EVGA Nvidia GTX 570, btw. Also, I did a clean install of the latest drivers. The game still doesn't work properly. I increase the card's fan speed when I play games to keep the temp down, and it's getting no hotter than it does with other games. From reading other forums, it seems to be somewhat of a common problem. I'll try a reinstall of the game later tonight, but I think the issue is dogkrap programming. Like I said before, I had no problems with the beta. lolz

Played a little more of the campaign. I love the mission "Comrades". Really fun stuff. The CPU is brutal though. I'm dying constantly.

No it isn't overclocked. It's an EVGA Nvidia GTX 570, btw. Also, I did a clean install of the latest drivers. The game still doesn't work properly. I increase the card's fan speed when I play games to keep the temp down, and it's getting no hotter than it does with other games. From reading other forums, it seems to be somewhat of a common problem. I'll try a reinstall of the game later tonight, but I think the issue is dogkrap programming. Like I said before, I had no problems with the beta. lolz

It can happen if your card isn't overclocked

My GTX 580 had issues with Crysis 2 where at a certain point in the game it froze with green artifacts on the screen, but lowering the speed of the graphics card made it work just fine. Seems it was an issue with the amount of power having to go through the card.

Maybe try it and see if it work if you lower the clock speed a bit. It won't harm your card at all (in fact it'd make it safer).

And this is why i don't bother with PC gaming. Not only is it too expensive, but you are constantly having stupid problems like this.
Nothing beats sitting down in my comfy recliner sofa and just switching on my 360 or PS3 and playing a game without worrying about graphics settings, overclocking cpu's or install problems or any other kind of idiotic PC gaming-specific pitfall.

Blocky vegetation is more yummy and nutritious though. :lecture

But I'm a carnivore not a vegeterian ! The only vegetation that's good is weed....oh, did I just say that :monkey1

Create a party; you can join a server as a party; also use the filters to find servers with 5+ open slots.

Yeah, the chatting sucks with origin. I miss steam already.

Problem with doing that is that there's no servers at this time with 2 slots open, let alone 4 ! They're always full, or I've seen a few totally empty.

And this is why i don't bother with PC gaming. Not only is it too expensive, but you are constantly having stupid problems like this.
Nothing beats sitting down in my comfy recliner sofa and just switching on my 360 or PS3 and playing a game without worrying about graphics settings, overclocking cpu's or install problems or any other kind of idiotic PC gaming-specific pitfall.

I'll take 64 players, graphics that will blow your mind, and everything else that comes with PC before being "confy" in a chair to play stripped down console games with so-so graphics ! :pfft: ...it's far from everyone that has those problems mentioned here.

Finished up the campaign. I have to admit, this is my least favorite campaign from the BF games I've played. Too linear, too many quick time events and just not all that fun. I enjoyed two missions and the rest were pretty weak.

Great graphics, fantastic control, amazing sound, bad campaign. Go figure. They keep going backwards with these and I don't understand why. BC1 was fun and it had some freedom. That's what got me hooked. BC2 was a lot more linear and a lot less fun. BF3 is so linear and weak that I just don't know what they were thinking. I hope they'll eventually realize this and go back to what made it work in the first place. They don't need to mimic the VERY tired CoD campaign formula.

The Beta had the freezing problems you're talking about. Did you uninstall the Beta before installing the retail ? I know you said the Beta didn't do it, but it's worth a shot. Mine froze all the time in the Beta but not the retail. Also, does it do it in just this game or others as well ? I had a freezing problem at one point a couple of years ago and it was the CPU fan that wasn't seated well on the CPU anymore. The pin broke and it was loose. So the PC was fine until I played a game and it made it work hard and heat up too much.

Finished up the campaign. I have to admit, this is my least favorite campaign from the BF games I've played. Too linear, too many quick time events and just not all that fun. I enjoyed two missions and the rest were pretty weak.

Great graphics, fantastic control, amazing sound, bad campaign. Go figure. They keep going backwards with these and I don't understand why. BC1 was fun and it had some freedom. That's what got me hooked. BC2 was a lot more linear and a lot less fun. BF3 is so linear and weak that I just don't know what they were thinking. I hope they'll eventually realize this and go back to what made it work in the first place. They don't need to mimic the VERY tired CoD campaign formula.

I think they made this BF to mainly play online and pretty much just went through the paces for the campaign. I never play the campaign when it comes to BF and so do most of my friends.

I think they made this BF to mainly play online and pretty much just went through the paces for the campaign. I never play the campaign when it comes to BF and so do most of my friends.

I doubt that. Besides, even if that were true, I believe it would have been easier to do a campaign like the one in BC1 that this one. This ones got a ton of big set pieces and voice acting etc. BC1 just gave you big levels to run amok in and that was all it needed.

Regardless of the online only players opinions, they invested a ton of time and money into this campaign and it's a shame they wasted all that with a poor CoD clone that wasn't very fun and continues the trend of taking the single player experience into the wrong direction. Maybe if they made a good single player campaign, it wouldn't have to be "all about the multiplayer". I personally getting games that do both well.

The Beta had the freezing problems you're talking about. Did you uninstall the Beta before installing the retail ? I know you said the Beta didn't do it, but it's worth a shot. Mine froze all the time in the Beta but not the retail. Also, does it do it in just this game or others as well ? I had a freezing problem at one point a couple of years ago and it was the CPU fan that wasn't seated well on the CPU anymore. The pin broke and it was loose. So the PC was fine until I played a game and it made it work hard and heat up too much.

Yeah, I read earlier that someone had freezing in the beta, but it's fixed in the retail version. Computers are funny. And yes, it only happens in BF3 for me. I did forget to uninstall the beta first. My next step will be a fresh reinstall, but I doubt that does anything.

I'm a ps3'er and a pc'er. There are certain games I prefer on PC over a console, and vice versa. This is the first problem I've had in a long, long time. Typically, it's just a quick google search and a quick fix, but this one is some ol' bullshyet. It seems to be relatively common, and nobody knows wtf to do. Definitely frustrating.

Hey guys I'm on PS3 and for the life of me I have no idea were to go to activate my online pass...Can someone please help???

i got it for 360. maybe i'm missing something, but is it possible to back out of the lobby without waiting for the next game to start and quitting? i've tried everything with no luck. pretty retarded if you can't back out of a lobby.

i got it for 360. maybe i'm missing something, but is it possible to back out of the lobby without waiting for the next game to start and quitting? i've tried everything with no luck. pretty retarded if you can't back out of a lobby.

On PC it used to be that way, you'd have to wait until the next game finished loading to be able to leave the match. But in the released version if you press ESC it'll give the options to leave. I would imagine that they'd add that type of option to Xbox as well.

Back