Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

What did May say to Sky during their argument? My local network had a glitch and in the middle of what May said it skipped.
Does anyone know?

She said something to the affect "the truth is...your focus is on your mommy issues and if you aren't focusing on the team, then why are you here and you should leave!" Pretty harsh. No wonder she trashed her papers and broke down.

May is a tough character to give a crap about. They've written her to have no personality. Aside from some off screen sex it's difficult to imagine her having a real human emotion.

May isn't a hard character to figure out. She obviously feels she can do her job better by being emotionally distant. She was the one who pranked Fitz with the shaving cream, so there is a softer side there. She just tries to keep it buried. This show is taking it's time in the character building. I think that is why people are frustrated with it. It never promised an epic superpowered battle every week, but I think that is what a lot of people wanted and/or expected. The guy pushing the backhoe like a tackle sled was fairly impressive.

I kept hoping the whole time that Cap would make a surprise appearance. Wishing thinking, I know. :lol But I enjoyed the episode and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Coulson. Bottom line is, I like the show, and I'm finally starting to care about the characters. I hope they give it a chance and keep going with it.

SHIELD knows Centipede has four super soldiers and Coulson doesn't ask to activate Rodgers? This is an Avengers level threat. This is where consistency with the film universe falls apart.

BTW - it bugs me the airplane is on autopilot all the time. This isn't Star Trek where the Enterprise is flying around in mostly empty space. Someone should always be at the stick, even if it's a no name.

I think we'll see May's other side soon enough. Sometime tells me she has a connection with the nerd girl you guys all like. I prefer the ginger nerd.

Anyway, it was a good enough episode. Now all they need to do is bring Alex Denisof, Amy Acker, Charisma Carpenter, James Marsters, and David Boreanaz into the fold, and forgo a few of the other characters currently in the show, minus J. August Richards and we have an awesome series here people!

Angel. Cancelled too soon but at least it went out on a pretty good season.

Funny thing was the season Angel got cancelled on was its best since season 1 (it went away from his son storyline *disgusted* and that world Pylea (sp?) *more disgusted*), and get this, it was also the CW's second highest rated program that season as well.

They cancelled it for a new vampire show, thinking it wouldn't make sense to run two similar shows. The new bit the dust (no pun intended) shortly there after due to poor ratings. Nice move CW!

Funny thing was the season Angel got cancelled on was its best since season 1 (it went away from his son storyline *disgusted* and that world Pylea (sp?)), and get this, it was also the CW's second highest rated program that season as well.

They cancelled it for a new vampire show, thinking it wouldn't make sense to run two similar shows. The new bit the dust (no pun intended) shortly there after due to poor ratings. Nice move CW!

If memory serves my least favorite season was 3, the one with Holtz. Although that got better on subsequent viewings. I loved season 4 up to the point where the big demon guy ceased to be the big bad and was replaced by evil Cordelia and then Jasmine.

I think we'll see May's other side soon enough. Sometime tells me she has a connection with the nerd girl you guys all like. I prefer the ginger nerd.

Anyway, it was a good enough episode. Now all they need to do is bring Alex Denisof, Amy Acker, Charisma Carpenter, James Marsters, and David Boreanaz into the fold, and forgo a few of the other characters currently in the show, minus J. August Richards and we have an awesome series here people!

I always assumed May will turn out to be Skye's mother.

ABC’s cliffhanger-filled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this Tuesday slipped to a new series low, drawing 5.9 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating — down 14 and 17 percent — opposite a fresh episode of NCIS.

SHIELD knows Centipede has four super soldiers and Coulson doesn't ask to activate Rodgers? This is an Avengers level threat. This is where consistency with the film universe falls apart.

BTW - it bugs me the airplane is on autopilot all the time. This isn't Star Trek where the Enterprise is flying around in mostly empty space. Someone should always be at the stick, even if it's a no name.

:exactly:

I also have a feeling the reason why Coulson came back will be very lame or very predictable once revealed. Once we find out all remaining interest in the show will drop off and that will be the end of the series. Almost all the episodes don't have any hooks or reason to care about the next one. The Coulson mystery is the only reason why this show is still hanging by a thread I think. When that's gone who's really gonna care about seeing poorly choreographed fight scenes with bad actors :dunno

Chris

Too bad the ratings are getting lower and lower because I think the show is getting better and better. They finally have established some continuity with previous episodes/story lines. Of course I am interested in the mystery of Coulson's death and resurrection, but I am also interested in Skye's parentage.

I only counted three. :dunno

Bad *** Digest:

It's probably too late, and it's likely not enough, but something actually happened on Agents of SHIELD last night. Don't get me wrong - the show didn't magically become a program I would actually recommend to another human being, but it did sort of become interesting in comparison to the previous nine hours of television.

Long story short: Centipede is back and they've broken Edison Poe out of jail. He's the guy who was giving orders to the Girl in the Flower Dress in the past. What does he do? Not really much of anything. He's also not a real Marvel Universe character. The big reveal here is that Centipede has stabilized their formula, so now they actually have some super soldiers running around. Because of that Coulson calls in Mike, aka J August Richards from the pilot. Mike has been training at a SHIELD base (you know, unlike Skye) and is ready to suit up and be immediately critically injured.

Then Centipede kidnaps his son and arranges a deal - they'll give the kid back if he turns himself over to them. But wait! It was a trap - they actually wanted Coulson, and Mike sells Coulson out. But after Mike gets his son to safety he runs back to rescue Coulson only to be, seemingly, killed in a big explosion Then Agent Banana Republic gets shot and Coulson gets spirited away in a helicopter. See you next year!

While there was some kind of momentum and danger at the end, the show is still missing a spark. Maybe it's the fact that this is the kind of show where, after Melinda May is mean to her Skye runs to her room and cries. Seriously. Maybe it's the fact that Mike agrees to sell out Coulson despite the fact that he could have simply brought the team into the doublecross. Maybe it's the fact that everybody is still really boring and sweet, which makes the whole show feel like it's about a bunch of roommates and not a high tech spy agency.

I don't know what it is. I was impressed that they blew up Mike, but I didn't actually care. He wasn't an interesting character and his loss had no bearing on the team - he wasn't exactly single-handedly conquering the bad guys earlier. Maybe if Mike had felt useful, or integrated into the team, I would have felt bad when he 'died' (it's a show based on comics, he can always come back), but it was a minor moment of surprise. And what SHIELD needs is for somebody to die; I wasn't on that bandwagon earlier in the season, but ten episodes in it's pretty clear this team needs a kick in the pants in a big way. Not just in the show, but in the cast. The dynamics simply aren't working. They need to be changed.

Everything else? It's still low-rent and low imagination. Super strong guys in military uniforms aren't exciting. Evil masterminds who do nothing aren't exciting. And the team's connection to SHIELD feels more and more like a joke every week; I imagine there are meetings on the Helicarrier where everybody reads the latest bull**** mission logs and laughs because this is totally Team Shortbus.

I'm going to see this show out to the end of the season just because, but if the big mid-season cliffhanger episode didn't feel like it shook anything up/moved any pieces further down the board, what's the hope for the back half of season one? But as much as I've tried, Agents of SHIELD is a show that just isn't worth liking. I have a completist mentality that will get me through for now, but I keep forgetting the show is even on. I know it's network television and should be judged on that standard, but even by that metric this show is alternately anonymously okay and absolutely boring.

Rumors have reached my ears that Marvel Studios isn't exactly enthralled with the series, which has too many network fingers dipping into it. Could this be why the show has been so low on identifiable Marvel characters? Why use Edison Poe, a new character, when there must be a hundred equivalent characters in the Marvel Universe whose inclusion would send fans scurrying to type up theories? We've reached a point where, except for the name 'SHIELD' and a reference to Captain America, this show could be Generic Feelgood Semi-Action Bull****: The Series.

Back