Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

If they want to bring the ratings up, the show needs to be more about Coulson than the hopeless stereotypes surrounding him. None of those schmoes are worth even a small mention in a movie as it is now.

I missed yesterdays show, and I do not think I missed anything at all. Am I wrong?

You probably missed something that will be referenced in an upcoming Marvel movie.

It will be of importance to lifeless dip****s. They'll be nudging their mom in the next seat and telling them they got the reference.

83411-I-understood-that-reference-gi-6jlf.gif

I watch the show religiously.

And your mom'll look at you, smile, and whisper, "That's nice dear." :lol

I don't get why some ****ed on this past week's episode. It didn't get really into religion. Not in a bad way. People are so sensitive. Youch.

Do you guys think any of the SHIELD characters will be in any of the upcoming movies? Besides Coulson I could see a small cameo or something by Agent May... but that's really it.

Do you guys think any of the SHIELD characters will be in any of the upcoming movies? Besides Coulson I could see a small cameo or something by Agent May... but that's really it.

I could see May for sure in a cameo.

Bad *** Digest review:

Last week's Agents of SHIELD was terrible and represented a big stumble for a show that had been slowly improving since its debut. I was worried that all progress had been lost and that we were back to the crap we had in episode two. Thankfully this week's outing, Repairs, makes a quick recovery and merges character stuff with a strong freak-of-the-week story for one of the best episodes yet.

Repairs does a nice bit of misdirection, making us think the Agents (seriously, we need a nickname for the team) are investigating a woman who developed super powers after a particle accelerator accident. It turns out she's actually powerless and that the seemingly telekinetic activity happening around her is actually the manifestations of a maintenance guy who was caught in the explosion and is now trapped between our world and another. He calls it Hell, but it's unclear what this place is - the Negative Zone? One of the NIne Realms? The Dark Dimension? The upside of it is that he's slowly manifesting more and more in our world and he's angrily trying to protect this woman, who is blamed for the accident that killed a bunch of workers.

His rage and guilt is contrasted with that of Melinda May, who gets a little bit of backstory. What I like is that her backstory is presented through the fragmented legends that have built up around her, until Coulson reveals most of the true story (of course he kept back enough so the show can bring in whatever supervillain she dealt with down the line. Also, what are the odds this has something to do with Skye's secret origin?), explaining why she hates the nickname The Cavalry. She's able to understand where the teleporting baddie is coming from (mentally. Nobody narrowed down where the other world is physically) and helps him make some peace with himself. Which makes him quit manifesting here and go to Hell, which is rough.

There's a small religious storyline at play; the girl who everybody thinks has TK is religious and believes in God, and Skye reveals she's an athiest. I wish more superhero stories dealt with religion and how the presence of multiple universes, all-powerful beings and people coming back from the dead impacts the religious folk.

Skye's lack of faith doesn't make her a bad person, though, and this week really zooms in on her empathy; she solves the ghost mystery by understanding what the guy is going through. Her empathy only goes so far, though - she doesn't know that Grant boned Melinda the night before. And who could tell? Melinda is totally cold and distant from him the next day. She just needed the boink, it seems.

There's a subplot about Fitzsimmons playing pranks that doesn't quite work, but otherwise this is a pretty fine episode. The bottle nature of the story and the powers of the villain made the whole thing feel like an X-Files episode, as did the discussion of faith. I could easily see Mulder and Scully happening to be on that plane when it went down and shining their highbeam flashlights down the corridors.

At this point I'm still grading Agents of SHIELD on a curve; the show's not good when compared to what modern television is capable of being, but it's improving steadily. It's a nice diversion, and it has just enough nerdy stuff - the Roxxon gas station appearance, for instance - to hit my pleasure centers. Now that every character has had an episode to flesh them out, I hope the show is ready to take it to the next level and really create some TV that makes me excited to tune in, not feel softly obligated.

Last ep. was okay. I was hoping the telekinesis girl would turn out to be a mutant. Since the Shield people said they've never had proof of telekinetic powers, it must mean Marvel Mutants don't exist in the Avengers movie universe. :(

Last ep. was okay. I was hoping the telekinesis girl would turn out to be a mutant. Since the Shield people said they've never had proof of telekinetic powers, it must mean Marvel Mutants don't exist in the Avengers movie universe. :(

"Mutants" are legally considered to be X-Men movie turf and they're off limits for Marvel Studios.

Man.. the Marvel movie universe continuity is more ****ed up than the entire SW universe with EU etc combined. :slap

Maybe not.. :lol

It would give the show some extra validity if one of them did.

I would be geeked out for sure.

Back