Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Because this is the writer's, director's and actors first gig?

As far as putting SHIELD on a major network, yes. I'm not sure any of them were involved with the Hasslehoff TV movie. Try to spin it any way you want, it's still a new job.

I often wonder how you guys would deal with being treated the same way, like starting a job and the first and second day the boss starts screaming at you and *****ing about how you're not doing anything right and how some newb sitting at home on the comp could do better. The amount of whining and tittybaby ranting would be legendary.

Personally, I'd buy stock in razor blades. :lol

Please do :monkey3

I don't have to deal with that, everything I do is perfect :yess:

Also, don't act all sanctimonious :lol doesn't suit you, that's a lame excuse to give a free pass to bad writing and uninteresting supporting cast where other shows have succeeded whithin the 1st 2 episodes and this is shaping up to be just another average TV show when it shouldn't.

Last edited:

As far as putting SHIELD on a major network, yes. I'm not sure any of them were involved with the Hasslehoff TV movie. Try to spin it any way you want, it's still a new job.

What a joke this defense is. Can't criticize poor performances, writing or direction?

How about not failing kids in school and doing away with grades?
How about never declaring winners because it hurts the others?

When did so many in this world grow up to accept mediocrity as normal? Generation of pansies.

People are paying for cable television and forced to go through tons of adds to make that show a reality. It needs to deliver or it looses viewers and rightfully so.

I'm telling you guys you don't know bad.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo[/ame]

What a joke this defense is. Can't criticize poor performances, writing or direction?

When did so many in this world grow up to accept mediocrity as normal? Generation of pansies.

People are paying for cable television and forced to go through tons of adds to make that show a reality. It needs to deliver or it looses viewers and rightfully so.

:exactly::goodpost:

I'm telling you guys you don't know bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZhllfpyVTo

We know bad, but having experienced bad shows doesn't make mediocre look any better.

Please do :monkey3

I don't have to deal with that, everything I do is perfect :yess:

Also, don't act all sanctimonious :lol doesn't suit you, that's a lame excuse to give a free pass to bad writing and uninteresting supporting cast where other shows have succeeded whithin the 1st 2 episodes and this is shaping up to be just another average TV show when it shouldn't.

:lol I'm not, I'm laughing at your sanctimonious BS and everybody elses. Hating a show at the premiere when it's clear to anybody with an IQ over 70 that they're laying the groundwork for something long term, is douchery at it's finest. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys can sit still long enough to watch a 1hr show. :lol

I think the correct comparison would be a teacher writing off a kid as a washout loser because he doesn't do much in class, ignorant to the fact that it's not because the work is too hard, but because it's not challenging enough. There's more to this show than just the mindless dribble you guys are used to. It's a shame that a show that doesn't placate to a lowbrow audience gets trolled day in and day out.

The only exception to this would be Celtic who's critiquing the show solely on a production level (which is silly in itself), which shows he has a general idea of where things are leading.

Out of everything I typed that's all you pulled from it? "I'll ignore the aspects that he bullseyed and try to sidetrack him on an irrelevant point." I rest my case. :rotfl

:lol I'm not, I'm laughing at your sanctimonious BS and everybody elses. Hating a show at the premiere when it's clear to anybody with an IQ over 70 that they're laying the groundwork for something long term, is douchery at it's finest. Honestly, I'm surprised you guys can sit still long enough to watch a 1hr show. :lol

How's an honest opinion douchery? Between that and you calling me sanctimonious is straight up oxymoronic :lol that's a clear self-projection buddy.

I'm not even complaining about the "long-term" plan, I'm complaining about the acting, the supporting cast and the poor writing, how's that supposed to lay down the ground for something?

Also, I didn't even "hate" on the show on the premiere nor the 2nd ep, I'm only "hating" when after the 3er ep the show is not showing any signs of improvement in the overall quality but the actual opposite.

Also, you're right, I'm also surprised I can sit through a full hour of pure mediocrity... When 2 and a half men has better lines, you have a problem...

Quite a fanboy you are, which is sad how low your standards are, this show thus far isn't doing anything to deserve fanboys...

You want to talk about poor writing, look at your beloved MoS. There's writing where the author, the director and even the studio completely failed on all accounts, to understand the subject matter. :lecture

So if my standards are "low" in your opinion, yours must be unfathomably lower than my own.

Jesus put handbags down girls. What a bi tech fest!

You want to talk about poor writing, look at your beloved MoS. There's writing where the author, the director and even the studio completely failed on all accounts, to understand the subject matter. :lecture

So if my standards are "low" in your opinion, yours must be unfathomably lower than my own.

:lol it was a matter of time before you try & hide behind that, what a desperate move, and talk about a feeble argument :rotfl

There's a LOT less wrong with MoS writing in terms of characters and plot than so far in SHIELD, but one's a movie and the latter's a TV show, higher quality is expected...

Not really, the standards remain in a logical order, with MoS on top of SHIELD, so, yours, judging by this argument, are still in the very bottom. :lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree, I'm disliking this show more and more each week. Can't stand the actors (except Coulson), and with that comes the acting. The lighting bothers me. Other then the first ep. the action has been dull to me. The writers are trying way to hard to be witty. Sets are boring. And being a costume guy, I STILL can't get over the brand new, out of the package, uniform Reyes was wearing in Ep. 2. Was there even a speck on dirt on those boots?

And another thing WHY is everyone so freaking young (except Coulson) and attractive?? It's Unrealistic. Beauty gets ratings, yes, and yes its hollywood, but it doesn't help when you can't act. Is beauty a requirement to be a shield agent? Walk into any business or gov. agency ten bucks you find more ugly people then attractive. It bothers me so much with this show, but maybe that is because the lighting is so flat.

I agree, I'm disliking this show more and more each week. Can't stand the actors (except Coulson), and with that comes the acting. The lighting bothers me. Other then the first ep. the action has been dull to me. The writers are trying way to hard to be witty. Sets are boring. And being a costume guy, I STILL can't get over the brand new, out of the package, uniform Reyes was wearing in Ep. 2. Was there even a speck on dirt on those boots?

And another thing WHY is everyone so freaking young (except Coulson) and attractive?? It's Unrealistic. Beauty gets ratings, yes, and yes its hollywood, but it doesn't help when you can't act. Is beauty a requirement to be a shield agent? Walk into any business or gov. agency ten bucks you find more ugly people then attractive. It bothers me so much with this show, but maybe that is because the lighting is so flat.

:exactly:

Totally right on everything, the supporting cast is just all over the place, although I thought the action was a lot better in Ep1. than in the following eps.

Coulson is pretty much the only salvageable aspect so far, that and Fury on ep.2.

Jesus put handbags down girls. What a bi tech fest!

woman-shaking-finger.jpg

May is 50 and I really like her on this. As for the attractive people, that's in the eye of the beholder. The only person I find attractive so far on there is Coulson.

Whenever there's an attractive woman on a show that I don't think fits or that I don't care for, someone always says it's because I'm jealous and that women always have to find fault with other women, blah blah blah...

So you men are just jealous. :lol

:D

Almost 8pm! I'll be watching the show! :yess:

I'm not Jealous of that young Matt Dillon guy nor the other nerd :lol and I like Coulson.

But the hacker girl, c'mon, she looks and acts like she belongs to a teenage drama or sitcom, it would have been nice if they went with a Lisbeth Salander kind of character, or at least give her some asperger for Christ's sake, something to make the fact that she's a super intelligent hacker a little more believable.

PS: I realise I'm not watching the show cause I'm hooked, I'm watching it based on my initial hype and now on the hope that it gets better, and both are starting to wear off, I hope ep4 is at least as good as ep1.

Back