Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Watched the second episode and it was a step up from the pilot, but still feels very low rent to me. Especially the shootout in the jungle reminded me of the A-Team or MacGuyver, but in the worst way possible. I think those shootout scenes end up looking a bit goofy.

But I did start to warm up to the characters when they were on the plane.

I think they definitely need some stronger plot ideas going forward. At least better McGuffins/FOTWs. The characters are proving to be more interesting and fun, but need something more compelling to do than what we've seen so far.

Hell, even go for something like Fringe or X-Files where they're investigating some freaky event or creature and avoid those goofy shootouts and I think they could be golden.

Watched the second episode and it was a step up from the pilot, but still feels very low rent to me. Especially the shootout in the jungle reminded me of the A-Team or MacGuyver, but in the worst way possible. I think those shootout scenes end up looking a bit goofy.

But I did start to warm up to the characters when they were on the plane.

I think they definitely need some stronger plot ideas going forward. At least better McGuffins/FOTWs. The characters are proving to be more interesting and fun, but need something more compelling to do than what we've seen so far.

Hell, even go for something like Fringe or X-Files where they're investigating some freaky event or creature and avoid those goofy shootouts and I think they could be golden.

Meh, TDKR cost 250 million to make and had the goofiest death scene and stunts in a high budget movie, MOS cost 250 million and had the goofiest death by tornado, i'm ok with the A-Team shootout in this TV show. :rotfl

I'm OK with cheese. Just wish they would get better plots, and camera work. The game must be changed! :lol

I'm OK with cheese. Just wish they would get better plots, and camera work. The game must be changed! :lol

Are TV shows shot with 48fps cameras like PJ used on the Hobbit?

I liked when they walked thru the small bush and came upon the giant Temple reaching into the sky. :rotfl

I love their black plane more than the HC. :rotfl

In the past, Whedon's new shows (I'm counting AoS as Whedon) always start slow and build up to something big. We're already seeing the cast start to click, so I have no worries that it is on the right track. 10 or 15 episodes into season one, I'm betting people will be happier with the show.

This is better than most of the reality or comedy shows that are on. Sick of that stuff.

This is better than most of the reality or comedy shows that are on. Sick of that stuff.

Watching a naked fat guy p∞p into a transparent glass toilet is better than most reality shows.

It's not saying much to put anything over that.

"reality shows" Bah. My brother-in-law has worked on MANY of those shows. Guess what? ONLY the first episode is the one "real" one. the rest is either Staged, refilmed events where the "characters" are told to be more dramatic and outlandish with their responses, or, on shows like Hell's kitchen. 2 episodes in, they pick the winner, and set everyone else up to fail.

Agent's of Sheild is a slow burn, like most of what Wheedon does...

My only concern is... will the show make it to that point.

Watching a naked fat guy p∞p into a transparent glass toilet is better than most reality shows.

It's not saying much to put anything over that.

"reality shows" Bah. My brother-in-law has worked on MANY of those shows. Guess what? ONLY the first episode is the one "real" one. the rest is either Staged, refilmed events where the "characters" are told to be more dramatic and outlandish with their responses, or, on shows like Hell's kitchen. 2 episodes in, they pick the winner, and set everyone else up to fail.

Agent's of Sheild is a slow burn, like most of what Wheedon does...

My only concern is... will the show make it to that point.

I watched a youtude vid where they show how American Idol is all set up too. Why people believe these things is beyond me. It's so obvious.

I watched a youtude vid where they show how American Idol is all set up too. Why people believe these things is beyond me. It's so obvious.

I've got some ideas, but I can't go into them without waxing political, and venturing slightly into tinfoil hat teritory.

SO I'll keep it to myself.

Agree.. though, With the crazy sucsess of joss wheedon, the MCU overall, and some of their other shows, like Once upon a Time, I THINK ABC/Disney will let it do its thing.

Meh, TDKR cost 250 million to make and had the goofiest death scene and stunts in a high budget movie, MOS cost 250 million and had the goofiest death by tornado, i'm ok with the A-Team shootout in this TV show. :rotfl

I actually don't think it's a matter of money, but how it's used. Arrow seems to be able to make a presumably smaller budget look better. But besides that, I think the shoot outs look particularly goofy I think because no good guy ever gets hurt despite the barrage of bullets flying. I know the main guy got grazed, but that's kinda my point that he only got grazed. So no one getting hurt negates any danger that might be felt in the scene.

But like I said, I'm warming up to the characters. I just wish the plots were a little better.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the pilot today. Couldn't make it any further. It didn't hold my attention. I just have no interest in the agents/behind the scenes aspect.

I finally got around to watching the 2nd Blacklist today. They should swap out the agents on the Blacklist and have them be SHIELD agents. Somehow, the generic people that play generic FBI agents, seem more interesting than the characters on SHIELD. :monkey2

While I'm hesitant about the characters so far and I worry that this is just all too Whedon-ey with the dialogue and way of speaking, 2 episodes in seems a bit early to be writing off the show...

It's not Whedon-ey enough.

:exactly:

The dialogue has been flat and the main cast have very little chemistry, the two hallmarks of a Whedon series.

:exactly::goodpost: The humor on the show has been more silly than funny. I just don't think putting any type of emphasis on humor is they way to go with a show like this. They need to amp up the seriousness/danger a little more with occassional funny lines interspersed throughout. EX: One of the funnier lines was when May (is that her name?) said, "you guys talk too much."

I am not into Fitz / Simmons at all. If you want some comedic relief from your super smart scientific types, look at how well it was done with Fran Krantz's character Topher on Dollhouse.

Back