Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GR is gonna be on AoS?!? I'm excited and bummed at the same time.

Excited to see the character on the small screen and bummed that ol' GR isn't going to be on Netflix.

Well, that's Robbie Reyes GR, the new one. One of the few good PC moves by Marvel, actually. Therefore, maybe that means that either Johnny or Danny are held back for a Netflix show. Phase 1 concludes with the Defenders, but after that we have the Punisher. Therefore, we need some shows to fill that slate. My guess is Phase 2 will be: Punisher, Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Daredevil S3, leading up to a Midnight Sons team-up series ala Defenders.

Well, that's Robbie Reyes GR, the new one. One of the few good PC moves by Marvel, actually. Therefore, maybe that means that either Johnny or Danny are held back for a Netflix show. Phase 1 concludes with the Defenders, but after that we have the Punisher. Therefore, we need some shows to fill that slate. My guess is Phase 2 will be: Punisher, Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Daredevil S3, leading up to a Midnight Sons team-up series ala Defenders.

Interesting. I don't know that one.

The Ghost Rider I grew up with was Danny Ketch. Glad to hear GR is still coming to Netflix.

Interesting. I don't know that one.

He's rather new, he showed up in 2014. He's an older teen (somewhere around 18), who has to take care of his mentally challenged and handicaped little brother. He's not a spirit of vengeance, he's actually possesed by his satanist uncle. His solo did well when the artist was Trad Moore (the main selling point), but after they changed him, the numbers got worse and it was canned by issue 12.

I mean, they went from this:

20140731-203213-73933397.jpg

d118a58cb394bf0b3ff8a05828ff29eb.jpg

To this:

Ghost.png

img_5948.png

He's actually a pretty good character. I'm just glad we didn't get Alejandra...

The Ghost Rider I grew up with was Danny Ketch. Glad to hear GR is still coming to Netflix.

Well, I wouldn't take that for granted, but since they're not using the most well known GRs in AoS, maybe they're saving Danny and Johnny for Netflix. I will be pissed if they're passed on though, that'd be awful. Reyes has no ties to the GR mythos but the name (no demons, angels, God and the like). I just hope those Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider rumours are true...

Cool, thanks for posting the information. :duff

I see what you mean about the art. :horror

Yeah, not taking anything for granted with a potential GR Netflix series but a guy can hope! :lol

I'm right there with you hoping that Moon Knight, Ghost Rider & Blade do get their own Netflix series.

Cool, thanks for posting the information. :duff

No problem. :duff

I see what you mean about the art. :horror

I know, right? The first one was stylish and had some real "energy" to it. The second was... yeah...

Yeah, not taking anything for granted with a potential GR Netflix series but a guy can hope! :lol

I'm right there with you hoping that Moon Knight, Ghost Rider & Blade do get their own Netflix series.

There's no reason for them not to do Blade and Moon Knight. They're fairly well known B-Listers (Blade moreso) with very interesting stories, backgrounds, and whatnot, plus, they don't need super expensive special effects. Ghost Rider is obviously hindered by the CGI, but besides that, I still think it's doable. The Flash has pretty good FX, and Netflix looks to poor more cash in their shows. Plus, they've been really succesfull, so here's hoping!

I know, right? The first one was stylish and had some real "energy" to it. The second was... yeah...

Agreed. What were they thinking? :slap

There's no reason for them not to do Blade and Moon Knight. They're fairly well known B-Listers (Blade moreso) with very interesting stories, backgrounds, and whatnot, plus, they don't need super expensive special effects. Ghost Rider is obviously hindered by the CGI, but besides that, I still think it's doable. The Flash has pretty good FX, and Netflix looks to poor more cash in their shows. Plus, they've been really succesfull, so here's hoping!

I think that if the CW can pull it off with The Flash then Netflix can do it right with a GR series.

Here's to hoping that all three characters get their own series and a Midnight Sons one! :duff

Reyes is possesed by Morrow's spirit.
Blaze sold his soul to Mephisto and was bonded wth Zarathos.

They're pretty different in origin so I hope that Blaze will get his own show eventually.

I think that if the CW can pull it off with The Flash then Netflix can do it right with a GR series.

Here's to hoping that all three characters get their own series and a Midnight Sons one! :duff

I surely hope so. The Midnight Sons have agreat concept, even if the series itself was short lived and mediocre. It's just a shame Marvel hasn't given it another go yet. I mean, sure, let's give Slapstick an ongoing, but Ghost Rider, Blade and Doctor Strange versus demons? Nah man, it's never gonna fly...

Reyes is possesed by Morrow's spirit.
Blaze sold his soul to Mephisto and was bonded him Zarathos.

They're pretty different in origin so I hope that Blaze will get his own show eventually.

This. What worries me is the Tumblr crowd. With Reyes being first, if a GR Netflix series gets announced, they're bound to turn into a "white man stealing a POC's gig" or something. I mean, look at the recent Iron Man announcements. They're A-OK with Riri, but are throwing shade at Doom and calling him a mighty-whitey, even though he's Roma. We're gonna have another Iron Fist situation, I'm sure.

Back