"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with everyone this is a huge disapointment. why not include the rifle as the secret item instead?

Yeah, I would have liked an item for the figure itself as well. The ring is super cool, and beautiful but I doubt it would fit me. :rolleyes:

MHO- from a guy who did'nt even attempt to order the exclusive full set.

I think with regard to a "secret" or bonus exclusive item you have to look at its uniqueness as opposed to it's practicality.
And this is pretty Damn UNIQUE. Look at it as part of the total package and as the artists tribute to the film he's honoring.
I had expected a shovel. But I could buy a 1:6 scale shovel in the craft store. Blondie's saddlebags can be gotten from Ben's custom tack. LVC derringer from Stevo or the Johnny West reissues. Blondies rifle will be replicated by Rainman and close-but-no cigar from other Western e- shops.
Tuco's ring you ain't gonna find anywhere else. I would'nt expect to wear it to work, but if you shelled out the extra cash for the box, the body,the sweat droplets and Rainman's signature, why would'nt you welcome this as a GREAT display piece with the total work of art.

my 2 centavos

Jim

btw---Has it been established that all 10- non-Korean Exclusive Full set owners post to this board.---If so how many are satisfied ? How many are not ? Can we have a roll call ?

you shelled out the extra cash for the box, the body,the sweat droplets and Rainman's signature, why would'nt you welcome this as a GREAT display piece with the total work of art.

The box, the body, and rainman's paint job are all related to the figure... while the 1:1 ring isn't. It's a display piece that would go great for 1:1 scale items not 1:6.

BTW I'm one of the ten who did ordered and to be brutally honest I'm not happy with the secret item. There are plenty of secret items rainman could have released in 1:6 scale that probably wouldn't require as much work if not the same amount. For instance a second head with Tuco wearing hat perphaps with his mouth clothes [would have been happy even if it was the same sculpt with the top of his head cut off and replaced with a hat] or Blondie's rifle [although never used by Tuco it was a big part of Tuco sinced it saved his life on 3 seperate occasions in the movie] and thats just two ideas off the top of my head.

I think the ring is amazing and prefer it to Mortimer's Derringer & Angel Eyes' metal pistol. Only Blondie's saddlebags and Angel Eyes' pipe are better. I also like it better than a shovel or something Tuco didn't use, but I did expect something 1:6 that could be displayed with Tuco. I'm not disappointed really, because the ring is so beautiful, impressive in size and detail with obvious value, but I am a surprised Rainman did not go with something 1:6 that would enhance the Tuco figure.

tuco_ring01.jpg

At last, Rainman finished the secret item for the "Tuco limited full set edition".

It is 1:1 SILVER Tuco's snake ring.
Good for you who have pre-ordered the "limited full set edition".

Thanks,

I have to say this comes as a complete surprise to me, too! I was sort of expecting (hoping for) a few weathered old bags full of gold coins, Tuco's share of the loot at the end of the movie, or maybe even the wooden grave marker Blondie made him stand on. I don't think a shovel would've been a very exciting bonus item... that would've been a disappointment! :lol

About the 1:1 snake ring... The reactions of many here are obviously not ecstatic, as most of us were expecting something else. But the snake ring, while not specifically for the figure, is like owning a piece of Tuco himself! I personally like it, but I'm wondering if it's just for show, or will it be wearable? It's hard to tell from the pics, but if it's "adjustable", then no problem. If not, I just hope it fits!

I may be in the minority here, but I think it's a very unique and original idea on Rainman's part. I used to work in precious metals and did quite a lot of lost wax casting back in the day, so I'd venture to say it's most likely a lost wax (hopefully sterling) silver casting , judging by the amount of detail and the color in the pics. :snake:snake:snake:snake:snake :D

Last edited:
dont want to derail the thread but i messaged you regarding your modded deckhard head and you told me you originally did not plan to make another run but due to the demand you will that was about a month and a half ago. i messaged you a few times last week to see how things are going with that and you never responded. thats about it.

I'm also very interested in a re-run of those fantastic Deckard re-sculpts, but maybe we should keep Blade Runner discussions in the BR threads, where they rightly belong... if it isn't too much to ask. :D

I think the ring is awesome. And taking into account, Rainman has already bent backwards to get the coat and hat in with the figure after you guys petitioned, you think you might let any dissatisfaction you have with an item that's secret before you even place your order slide a little. It's awesome, and ironically worth more than any other secret item.

I agree the ring is awesome. Makes me wish for the other 2. Amazing work, Rainman! :chew

I wish I would have been able to order the full figure set. I wish I had the special secret item snake ring, which is very cool in itself.
I think Rainman thought of it as a very special replica of the Tuco character from "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly". And if you think about it, Tuco is probably the only one he could include an item like that. He graciously took all the requests and ripped the jacket, included the outer coat, the noose and hat without even raising the price.
It wouldn't surprise me, if Rainman decides not to include any secret items in the future for fear of "disappointing" so many buyers.

I have to agree w MwNN in principal here. While there is alot of money changing hands here, remember Rainman is an independent ARTIST not a big mass production company. Zuno has been a GREAT go-between, translator and promoter of Korean artists. Rainman has been very good with updating the parts to the figure, but he's already created this 'secret item", I'm sure with the best of intentions. You all knew the item TBA after you paid would be a surprise. Think of a time in your life when you picked that gift for the adult friend or child that you thought was just perfect, and how dissapointed you were when the person did'nt appreciate it. (yes I know these sets were a lot of $).

I think sending Zuno back to Rainman with a gripe would be taken as kind of an insult. I don't think anyone would want that

my 2 centavos
Jim

Back