"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting an unpainted set of gb&u heads?

Absolutely! Since I missed Angel Eyes, at least I'll have a head ready in case I can pick up a clothing set somewhere. With the Blondie head I can now make a complete MWNN/Blondie (still need the Colt Navy, tho), and I just want to have some fun painting my own Tuco when I have time.

I am soooo glad Rainman decided to re-release those Blondie heads! :banana

Now, if only he'd make a couple more Angel Eyes outfits.... :google

Lots of us had the same notion, Mudshark.

1 last shot at this set guys. You know you want it. :D

I too need clothing outfits for Clint and Van Cleef.

What other outfit might he offer for Van Cleef ?

if you're on the fence about this you're crazy NOT to get it. Hell i got the full figure on monday but the last set is tempting ME even ;)

I've been thinking the same thing all day long, but with the three heads being available at the same time, I just couldn't pass them up... I also have a full figure Tuco on the way, so don't really need another set of clothes... but it is mighty tempting!

I also have this intense horrible fear that one day my clint or Lee may topple and the head may crack or the cigarello go missing or the brim of the hat crack. Im almost tempted to get extra heads but with the full figure of tuco i certainly do not have 200 bucks to throw around

ugh.... i need a blondie outfit....

anyone manage to futz Angel Eyes scarf the way rainman has it? I've been trying since I got the figure and no such luck.

one more stupid question to zuno and I hope he doesn't ask rainman... if he does and rainman agrees thats another 100 out of the wallet.

any chance of mortimer painted heads restock?

Gatick it's great u could get a blondie head. With velvet mournings outfit and that head it's almost as good as the real rainman I think. From what I can see anyway. I like velvets meathod of closing the vest better than rainman's hook too.

i just want to say to rainman and zuno, a big thank you for doing these figures. whenever a want list was posted on the forums, i was also thinking GBU would be awesome, and you've made that dream come true. even if hot toys were to eventually release these (very doubtful) i doubt anything could beat the figures you've done. so thanks very much.

i can't wait for tuco to arrive. i still regret not getting the full figure, i missed out procrastinating too much. when i finally hit checkout i must have been about 15 secs too late. the rainman paint on tuco is just incredible this time around. personally, i don't think the studio df one compares. but it's still an incredible head.

It would be nice if someone in the US (e-tailer) could buy these heads in bulk or at least some number, get the free shipping for himself and be able to sell them with a domestic shipping rate. $ 40 is absolutely reasonable for an unpainted headsculpt, but coupled with a $ 20 shipping cost (50 %) you think twice. It would be great if someone could make some type of agreement w Zuno for the GBU heads and any future heads.

Jim

Gatick it's great u could get a blondie head. With velvet mournings outfit and that head it's almost as good as the real rainman I think. From what I can see anyway. I like velvets meathod of closing the vest better than rainman's hook too.

Ray, lol velvet's isn't cheap either [you can pm him to find out the cost if you don't believe me]. hey if you want to trade i'd be happy to oblige I'll grab a full figure from him just to trade you for your rainman outfit.

Velvet's good points
-vest
-poncho double sided.

And today brings to a close the Rainman GBU figs. It's been awhile since there has been uncertainty about what Rainman will tackle next... exciting. :banana

Should be interesting what the future holds.

We've posted our wants (sometimes many, many times) and I'm sure Zuno and Rainman have their own list. I guess a month or two before Rainman starts the tease who is next. These Gunmen have been a big hit and I don't want to see them fade into the sunset quite yet, but I'm also interested to see what else Rainman can come up with. Whoever, I hope it is complex and challenging. He has just gotten better and better with each Gunman. Tuco is one of the best figures I've ever seen from any custom artist.

I don't doubt that Velvets is steep actually. It amazes me that these things are hand made and look so damn good. All the time and care it takes to make them, its no wonder these guys have to charge on their time alone.

But owning these amazing things just makes me understand more how hard it must be to have missed it, I really truly wish that we could all enjoy Rainman's work because it is astounding.

I really have to say wholeheartedly that I cannot fathom a better custom figure that has ever been fabricated other than these three and there are some amazing customs out there. Im super excited to get Tuco and these three will remain the highlight of my collection.

I really have to say wholeheartedly that I cannot fathom a better custom figure that has ever been fabricated other than these three and there are some amazing customs out there.

You should look through zuno's collection sometime. :google While these are certainly among the .1 % best, regardless of how you feel about the character selection, I believe Kojun's Jack Sparrow - real hair, captain's wheel display stand, etc., some of zuno's "The Last" series and some customs by mindbook are better, more detailed and the absolute top of the mountain. But with innovations such as Hot Toy's PERS system and the boundless imagination of artists, this hobby is constantly evolving and improving.

Zuno's dioramas are very amazing indeed. IMO Kojun is also great but I think these gunmen edge them out quite a bit. After all Ha Rue does all Kojuns outfits, but Rainman is a one man show!

Zuno's dioramas are very amazing indeed. IMO Kojun is also great but I think these gunmen edge them out quite a bit. After all Ha Rue does all Kojuns outfits, but Rainman is a one man show!

Oh, now you're qualifying what "best" entails. :rolleyes: :lol 1 or a thousand people involved, it's the final product that speaks for itself, imo.

They are all extremely talented and I feel privileged to own even one figure by Rainman, much less four.

And for those folks who say StudioDH paint apps don't hold up to Rainman's paint jobs, all I can say is you don't know how wrong you are. Owning all four gunmen painted by StudioDH, I can assure you they are up to Rainman's standards or he wouldn't let them keep painting his heads. They are slightly different from Rainman's paint jobs, but the quality is beyond belief. It gives me chills to open a box from Rainman, because the quality is as high as it can be.

We should all meet up at a convention or something and photograph multiple Rainman figures side by side. I bet there are some really cool variants out there. I know my Angel Eyes looks evil from the way his eyes are painted. And Blondie/Manco looks just like Clint. I have been dissapointed in the photos so far of Manco. My head bears an uncanny resemblance to Eastwood. Maybe I should photograph it and see if I can capture how great the likeness is.

I also have unpainted versions of all the heads. I am having custom wooden boxes made to display with the figures. Each box will also contain an unpainted headsculpt of the figure. I enjoy seeing the unpainted heads, so I can appreciate the sculpt itself.

The studio DF paint jobs are unreal. by far some of the best paint jobs i have in my collection. I agree that they more than just 'hold up'!

collector 49 please do post pictures of your Blondie, I want to see the variations on the paint from yours to some of the other ones posted. Personally I will say that I think the likeness to clint is great but the Bad is a little bit more accurate IMO. At least on the ones that I got,

Back