"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please explain how Rainman's figure can command so much $$ ? I like the figure and I know it is limited and all but even at $600 , I thought it was only fair. The figure is great but the head sculpt can be better.

What is your thought freaks?

private listing is indeed suspect. as far as the price, something is worth what one is willing to pay for it, so to a wealthy clint fan or someone with the bad & ugly it may be worth that.

I paid up to $500 for a BLee figure before but even I would not "ever" pay this much for a figure. Even if the figure has part of the real blondie gear I will not part with my hard earned cash :)

Can someone please explain how Rainman's figure can command so much $$ ? I like the figure and I know it is limited and all but even at $600 , I thought it was only fair. The figure is great but the head sculpt can be better.

What is your thought freaks?

As I previously said:

Just 4 hours, 10 bids already, $500+ current bid, and private bidder??

I dunno, smells like shill bidding to me.

I doubt gatackFC is gonna complete his set now, now that it has hit 1K :lol

I still think this guy is just putting a reserve on this item, by shill bidding.

What is that fish smell? And why the private listing.

I said it before, and I'll say it again

SHILL BIDDING.

He's just doing this now, so that previous real bidders who have missed it just now is going to think that this figure is worth 3 Gs.

And so that when he relist it again, in a few days (most common excuse "non paying bidder"), those real bidders who have bid before is likely gonna offer him at the very least 1-2 Gs, for BIN.

Whereas if he didnt shill bid it up to 3 Gs, I think he can only get less than $1000 IMO.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my theory.

Thank you.

The first time the auction was up it wasn't set to private, was it? Something does seem odd since it got completely pulled off eBay before, and now this.

I agree there seems to be something very odd about the whole thing. It's definitely a cool figure and all, but I wouldn't consider paying 3K even if it was gold plated and hand delivered by Clint himself. Very strange indeed.

Hell, for half that price someone could probably privately commission Rainman to make a new one. It was an interesting diversion, though, and I won't be a bit surprised if it turns up again in a day or two. :lol

Edit: Col. Mortimer's for sale by the same seller. Wonder what this one will fetch...

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1348#ht_11757wt_1152

Last edited:
Well. as someone who owns the figure I hope there wasn't any shady tactics. It's a nice feeling knowing you own a figure worth 3K! :) haha

How many shill bidders are involved ?

Sorry, maybe I don't understand that process.

if the wining bidder is the "Shill Bidder" the 2nd place fool bid up to $3,000
I think the Seller can offer that 2nd chance thing to the 2nd place fool if the seller is the shill and retracts or does'nt pay. Conversely if the 2nd place guy is the "Shill" the winner is the legitimate fool. or are they both shilling, in which case when was the last legit bid ?

and since we can't tell one bidder from another what use is that bid history report

and why "Private Bidder" ? Are these people embarrassed to be Identified ?---- Its a code name anyway

Jim

How many shill bidders are involved ?

2 different accounts are needed; well 3, if you count the selling account as well.

if the wining bidder is the "Shill Bidder" the 2nd place fool bid up to $3,000
I think the Seller can offer that 2nd chance thing to the 2nd place fool if the seller is the shill and retracts or does'nt pay. Conversely if the 2nd place guy is the "Shill" the winner is the legitimate fool. or are they both shilling, in which case when was the last legit bid ?

I think the last real bid from a real buyer was on the $1K range. The rest is just total BS. No one bids like that, I have seen the history and its ridiculous.

and since we can't tell one bidder from another what use is that bid history report

and why "Private Bidder" ? Are these people embarrassed to be Identified ?---- Its a code name anyway

Jim

These people arent embarrassed to be identified, but its the seller who put it as private auction.

Private auction in this case were used, so that it will be hard for us to track whether the bidder(s) were the same persons or not. And I'm guessing that he's trying to hide it because the account he uses still has low feedbacks.

Call me a fool but would someone really want that figure that badly ? Even at 1K , this figures ( sorry to those who has it) is is just not that screen acurate. It is nice but it is just not that great ! I am a diehard fan of Enterbay B lee and some of the ETD has went to $650 tops for them and those head sculpt is 150% more accurate to this figure . my .02

While the poncho design is only on 1 side, the cigar a tad long and the hat not beaten up, it's pretty damn screen accurate and a phenomenal masterpiece, and the best 1/6 MWNN imo. The likeness is great from some angles, muddier from others, but skillfully and cleanly produced all around. It's easy to say, but pics don't really do him justice. And if one had the other 2 Rainman figs, it might be worth quite a lot for someone to fill in that gap of the most iconic character. Still, I've never seen any figure sell for this money so it's certainly a fishy auction.

Yeah, it was definitely a well-made figure and I'm glad that they were made at all, but I am a proud owner of one of VM's Blondie's, which is outstanding all around.

I don't think I've ever seen a figure I felt is worth $3k.

It would have to have be completely hand made with moving glass eyes, rooted hair, electronics, tons of accessories with lots of gold and diamonds and platinum and stuff. :lol

Back