Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Unless I am mistaken, they are not doing anything special or extraordinary ATM. I don't really understand what this sudden positivism is all about TBH. They just informed that customer at SF that they hadn't received the replacements from the factory yet, and that if he wished, he would be put on a waitlist. Nothing else! That is what they have always done with every piece (to reserve some replacement pieces),the only difference is that now they used the word "waitlist", which really has me concerned, because as far as I know, a waitlist for a replacement doesn't guarantee you to actually be able to get one. Wake up!!!!!!!

It's hilarious how quickly people assume things. :gah:

Last edited:

BTW, It seems no one has posted the email yet:

Hope this helps.

Dear Richie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sideshow Collectibles regarding the paint inconsistencies to the Exclusive and Regular portrait of your Exclusive Rogue Premium Format Figure. We apologize that you are unhappy with the portrait(s) you have received. As collectors ourselves, we understand the disappointment you may be experiencing and want to work with you to make it right.

We understand that you wish to continue with a replacement for the portrait(s). As of right now, we have not received our full allotment of replacement heads to satisfy your request. Our manufacturing facility is backlogged in getting shipments out to us, and products and replacements are moving more slowly than we anticipated. Your replacement may not become available until December, 2011. Our production team is working with our manufacturer to see if we can get these replacement pieces sooner, and if this is the case we will notify you via e-mail.

Due to the delay in being able to provide you with an exchange, we would like to offer you the following options.

DISCOUNT: If you do not wish to wait, we can extend to you a partial reimbursement of $30.00 to compensate for the paint concerns on your Rogue’s portraits. This discount can be applied to any future or pending order in your account. If you do not have any pending orders, we can issue a $30.00 refund directly back to your card on file.

WAITLIST: If you would like to proceed with receiving replacement heads for your Rogue, we can place you on a waitlist. Once this shipment arrives, we will contact you immediately with instructions to exchange your portrait.

At your earliest convenience, please let me know which of the above options you would prefer. We ask that you provide an update within the next 5 business days.

We thank you for your patience and hope to have this resolved for you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

There's no excuse for the lack of detail in the paintwork as Bowen's is much smaller.

Come on... Do you really think that, Dave? How can anyone look at the pics on the Sideshow site and then the shipped piece and think it's "perfectly fine"? I'm sure there were a few. But hundreds? Extremely hard to believe. The production piece looks atrocious. And Sideshow is basically admitting they gaffed with this latest email offer to those who purchased.

In other words, this is a lot different than someone who's happy with a Stormtrooper figure stumbling onto a forum and reading that it's inaccurate because it doesn't have the right amount of "teeth". This is a clear QC issue.

Some production pieces look atrocious. I'm just saying that most people aren't taking super zoom photos of their collectibles and actively looking for something to complain about.

BTW, It seems no one has posted the email yet:

$30 dollars seems to be their solution to everything. Basically a 10% discount. Also, I didn't see anything saying they were repainting heads...just replacement heads. I agree, not sure why some are celebrating.

Some production pieces look atrocious. I'm just saying that most people aren't taking super zoom photos of their collectibles and actively looking for something to complain about.

So you are saying most of the forum members are just looking to complain about a collectible they spent $300+ on that is supposed to be a high end collectible you can look at closeup--not one you have to look at far away to not notice it's issues. I'd agree with you on most other recent releases where there's going to be a few issues. But on this forum and others, there's A LOT of people with bad paint jobs. I don't think they have to look for something to complain about.

$30 dollars seems to be their solution to everything. Basically a 10% discount. Also, I didn't see anything saying they were repainting heads...just replacement heads. I agree, not sure why some are celebrating.

Isn't a replacement what some of you want? They've said they will be be replacing the heads if that is what folks want. Man, can't win for losing with some of you. :slap

Unless they use the molds of the prototype the heads of the replacements will be exactly the same.

Isn't a replacement what some of you want? They've said they will be be replacing the heads if that is what folks want. Man, can't win for losing with some of you. :slap

Josh, man, look...I'm only saying that do people want a replacement that is like playing Russian roulette that it is not as bad or worse or is this a situation where SSC's flat out needs to offer re-painted heads with Q/C this time.

Josh, man, look...I'm only saying that do people want a replacement that is like playing Russian roulette that it is not as bad or worse or is this a situation where SSC's flat out needs to offer re-painted heads with Q/C this time.

How do you know these aren't heads they have double or triple checked to make sure don't have these issues? Also they could be heads they're going to paint in house. It really comes across that some of you are going to just complain no matter what they offer.

How do you know these aren't heads they have double or triple checked to make sure don't have these issues? Also they could be heads they're going to paint in house. It really comes across that some of you are going to just complain no matter what they offer.

Agreed. It may not be what some people mean but it's coming across like that.

Just say'n.

Hey, if they decide to send replacement heads, I will be as optimistic as I always am. That being said, if the heads show up and they are just as bad as the ones they replaced, that would just be a waste of time. I hope they do triple check replacement heads so there aren't any issues with them. Probably would have saved everyone a lot of time and money if they had just done that in the first place right?

edit: btw, i can deal with slight imperfections. The lara croft snow day i got had slight lazy eyes but the rest of the piece was spot on so i was totally fine with it. vampirella comi...perfect. AH rogue and AH mary jane...perfect. this one is just too far off the mark for me.

Hey, if they decide to send replacement heads, I will be as optimistic as I always am. That being said, if the heads show up and they are just as bad as the ones they replaced, that would just be a waste of time. I hope they do triple check replacement heads so there aren't any issues with them. Probably would have saved everyone a lot of time and money if they had just done that in the first place right?

edit: btw, i can deal with slight imperfections. The lara croft snow day i got had slight lazy eyes but the rest of the piece was spot on so i was totally fine with it. vampirella comi...perfect. AH rogue and AH mary jane...perfect. this one is just too far off the mark for me.

You would think that with all the crap that they've been getting online they would triple check them before sending out the replacements. I know I would.

No, but some seem to constantly defend SSC's like they are on their payroll... Hate to mention Netflix, but there's a billion dollar company that at least admits its mistakes. And really...for those that want to keep it that really were looking forward to it...$30 is the best SSC's can do? I'd say give the customer $100 towards getting someone who can paint to repaint it.

:exactly: Not a 1/4 I own is without some imperfection if I look close enough. But usually there's more about the item that is good, than bad so I overlook it. I couldn't overlook Indy ROTLA's jacket nor the eyeliner around the eyes of The Rocketeer. Now Indy was semi-resolved more or less. Rocketeer got a new set of heads and the new ones had some of their own issues but weren't AS BAD so I kept them. Was I 100% satisfied...no...not at the prices these pieces cost.

No, but some seem to constantly defend SSC's like they are on their payroll... Hate to mention Netflix, but there's a billion dollar company that at least admits its mistakes. And really...for those that want to keep it that really were looking forward to it...$30 is the best SSC's can do? I'd say give them $100 towards getting someone who can paint to repaint it.

I will speak up myself if I personally think people are going beyond what's reasonable. :) SS has admitted mistakes before and by saying they will replace the sculpts or offer money back they're doing that here. I guess people want to see the words "we made a mistake"? :dunno $30 is the deal if you want to keep the head but I would guess it cost a bit more for all the replacement heads. This is a pretty fair deal but some are just being greedy.

Back