Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I don't think this thread convinced anyone who wasn't already convinced that their statue was bad. I do think it facillitated a perception that Sideshow was somehow underhanded or deceptive, which was fallacious reasoning. People had come to that conclusion the instant they saw that their statue was bad and that's not enough information. Yes, a lot of those conclusions were based on clear quality control failures from the past, but the extent of many of those instances have been overblown, and the majority of them were dealt with by the company in an honorable manner. The ones that slipped through the cracks are not indicative of a greater trend towards dishonest business practices. They do indicate problems in the company's business model, but they can't know about problems until they happen. Particularly when dealing with manufacturers in a country with as little legal regard for property rights and contract fidelity as China.

I think most of use have been waiting on an answer from them hoping it would be some sort of repaint because we don't assume the company did this intentionally or underhandedly. More so because we'd like to continue business with them.

The people upset about the rear might be more on the side of thinking SS intentionally withheld this info.

I think most of you have too. Please don't get me wrong. This was a rotten situation, and most people dealt with it more than admirably. I'm glad to see that for those who were concerned, the need for panic was averted.

Doubt the majority of collectors who got a bad Rogue were panicking (or even close to), just disappointed with the product was so different from what was shown in SDCC and dreading having the hassle of getting a replacement/refund/return since SSC's CS is pretty good. For me, not having a nice Rogue PF to compliment Gambit PF and the rest of the X-men PFs would have been disappointing.

The most dissapointing part of this process has been seeing them change the pictures on the site. I knew they changed the regular but I noticed just now even the exclusive pics were changed. Noticed on rewards points screen. Even the thumbnail pic of her exclusive head looked all cheap next to the rest of my orders.

The most dissapointing part of this process has been seeing them change the pictures on the site. I knew they changed the regular but I noticed just now even the exclusive pics were changed. Noticed on rewards points screen. Even the thumbnail pic of her exclusive head looked all cheap next to the rest of my orders.

:lol @ thumbnail

I have to believe that all of the collectors that voiced their frustration here had a huge impact on SSC decision to replace the defective Rogue head portraits.

Congrats to all of you. Now, no one will be forced to make the hard choice of returning their piece and having a hole in their collection. Big props to SSC for not taking the easy way out of this mess.

This is fallacious thinking. I'm sure there are hundreds of people that received Rogue and have no problem with it. Because of this forum there are now many people that were perfectly fine and happy with Rogue until some people told them they shouldn't be.

A lot of people buy these and simply do not look closely at them to begin with, because they ASSUME that they must be quality made in every way for the price. These people may have inspected previous statues and found them to be top notch, and thus did not believe there was any reason to inspect this statue with the same degree of scrutiny.
These people WANT and EXPECT an item with a certain level of quality, but the fact that they do not inspect them closely enough when they first get them should not be taken to mean that they approve of the statue as it is. It is quite possible that they did not complain only because they saw no reason to inspect that close at first. Over time, however, these people will notice these flaws, and be very disappointed, asking themselves why they did not do anything about it when they had the chance to get it fixed. These flaws will gnaw at these people over time, and it will always bother them, because they will be aware of them every time they look at the statue.

What are people really buying for $300? If these statues were $100, this quality would be expected, but when $300 is charged, that extra money is expected to buy a lot more care in manufacturing, to deliver a museum quality piece.
I tend to think that SS noticed the overall level of quality of these pieces, and rolled the dice, hoping that few would mind. They wanted to avoid the cost of redoing the line, which they really should do, but it always costs less to do something right the first time.

Respectfully Mr. Stephens, this really is a stunning comment. People did not have to be on this forum to make a judgment on this piece when they opened up their boxes. All they had to do is observe the head paint application, the change made to the backside and compare it to the photos on the Sideshow site to realize something was amiss.

I suspect you started this board so a community of collectors could discuss the good and the bad of our hobby. I also suspect you started this board so that consumers could gather and share all available information to make an informed buying decision. Now you're telling us to turn a blind eye and not interact with others by withholding information from what we all can plainly see? I believe this is fallacious reasoning. If you think "some people" told others "not to be happy," then I invite you to read the previous 300 pages. You will find 300 pages of blowback on this particular statue from the majority of posters.

Please do not allow friendships of business employees to cloud your judgment and objectivity over certain issues. Sometimes a product just doesn't turn out well. This was the case of the Rouge PF.

Thank you for your time.

~SixMil

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Just saw this posted over at SF. This will make a lot of people very happy...if true.

Quarthon -
I just got an email back from Daniel at Sideshow. He informed me the production team is working with the manufacturer to develop new portrait heads. At the moment I'm on the waiting list.

Not even a little bit surprised knowing SS and the folks that work there.

This post ^^^^ needs to be quoted on every page so the libeling, anti SSC, conspiracy trolls see it. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

No joke. :lecture

I didn't buy one but I was watching to see what happened to those that bought one. I'm not surprised at SS stepping up to the plate and hopefully this squashes some of the posts now with the hate they get.

I didn't buy one but I was watching to see what happened to those that bought one. I'm not surprised at SS stepping up to the plate and hopefully this squashes some of the posts now with the hate they get.

Yeah, well hopefully this doesn't happen again and they step up the QC. Which will be good for everyone including the customers that didn't order this. Gotta tell you tho', you gotta be in the shoes of the ones that get a bad Rogue to really understand the level of disappointement we feel. As such, moderate with that understanding in mind. It's sometimes an honest knee jerk reaction of the X-men fans who really care for Rogue and received this piece.

Thanks for your understanding. Just imagine if this happened to your lord of the ring maquettes and Arwen's eyes pointed in different directions.

Yeah, well hopefully this doesn't happen again and they step up the QC. Which will be good for everyone including the customers that didn't order this. Gotta tell you tho', you gotta be in the shoes of the ones that get a bad Rogue to really understand the level of disappointement we feel. As such, moderate with that understanding in mind. It's sometimes an honest knee jerk reaction of the X-men fans who really care for Rogue and received this piece.

Thanks for your understanding.

Always do. :)

Good to see Sideshow is making an attempt to correct this. I already sold off my exclusive, but am still interested in picking up a regular down the road, hope the reg ships with better paint apps.

Fingers crossed for those attempting to get replacements from Sideshow.

And hopefully this will be a leason learned to Sideshow.

And on a side note, what the hell is with people bringing up the switch out of prototype pix to production? That has been a practice at Sideshow for years, they would even post the new production pix in newsletters. :duh

Anyway, best of luck to everyone who is actually involved with this whole Rogue fiasco.

:wave

I have to believe that all of the collectors that voiced their frustration here had a huge impact on SSC decision to replace the defective Rogue head portraits.

Congrats to all of you. Now, no one will be forced to make the hard choice of returning their piece and having a hole in their collection. Big props to SSC for not taking the easy way out of this mess.

Agreed, the solidarity may definitely have helped in effecting some change. :hi5:

Just saw this posted over at SF. This will make a lot of people very happy...if true.

Quarthon -
I just got an email back from Daniel at Sideshow. He informed me the production team is working with the manufacturer to develop new portrait heads. At the moment I'm on the waiting list.

Still waiting for my e-mail from SSC.

I had an issue with my Ms Marvel PF arriving with he EX head damaged. Was offered $30 or to go on a wait list for a replacement head.

2 Months later I am told due to QC issues the head would not be replaced and was offered a full refund or $50 credit. In this instance I was at least left with one good portrait.

I guess I am saying lets not count our chickens before they hatch, words like developing concern me, doesn't sound final.

Still it would be awesome if they were able to get the factory to fix these for us, I would have no problems waiting.

Last edited:

Its logic

If you send a head back,they cant paint a new head by the same way

Dont be fool,if we want they change anything in their quality control,one good thing is stop shooping around 1 year or 2

But i think no one do this

Utterly disgusting paint job and sculpt of the hair on the reg., looks like kids plasticine ! Sideshows QC is on a Hasbro level.

Back