Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

im amazed at how babydoll came out better then rogue :monkey2

The babydoll statue looks amazing, i started buying sideshow because i thought it was the best but other companies are proving they would like our business as well, when you compare the two the quality difference is stunning.

The babydoll statue looks amazing, i started buying sideshow because i thought it was the best but other companies are proving they would like our business as well, when you compare the two the quality difference is stunning.

Exactly, ss QC kills it, they have too many products to rush. But i still have hope in ss..hopefully

Vampirella CQ too and vampi Pf i hope so

There's before and after with this rogue pf

They want a non-renfundable deposit,well i understand,but this is a killing spree for they,rogue pf painted and modelling prototipe is hide like area51

A really sad story

Ok haven't been on the boards since last week. So after some quick read-through going several pages back, is it true that SS has officially announced they will replace the defective/badly painted heads?
Cause I have not received a response from them on what they plan on doing with my statue. (I originally spoke and emailed them last Tuesday 10/4.)

Hundreds of people are being cheated on by a spouse right at this moment. They are perfectly happy being ignorant to it. Does it mean they want to? Maybe each person can answer that. I for one am glad threads like this exist though because I would not like to be ignorant to it. I'd hope that I would be smart enough to figure out this doesnt look good. But there are tons of flaws here. Its not just a wandering eye.

People have double checked what they got due to these posts and even found more wrong than just the paint on the face. The outcry of such a tight knit community can definitely sway people in one direction there is no question. But SS should know that as well which is why they should make it right.

But to say hundreds of people are now upset when they wouldnt have been implies that
1. people here are stupid and are only upset because others are.
2. this is somehow mind over matter.

Its not mind over matter I can tell you as much. The Rogue I have in hand has more issues than all my other SS pieces together (I dont have a ton of them like some people here). I looked of every inch of this once I knew how shotty the CQ was on the faces. I posted those defects so others could look more closely at the ones they have in hand too. If anything its helped people QC the item they purchased at over 300$ which we dont expect to have to do.

I'll be the first to admit I didnt inspect my gambit PF nearly as close. I expected the quality to be there. However I can guarantee that if I had a gambit head that looked like the rogue one I would have. I can also guarantee that there would have been a storm about it on here and I would have known that I needed to look it over.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with us being informed consumers and helping each other identify problems. Its because of places like this and threads like this that we can have a voice back to SS as a collective group when something like this happens.

:goodpost::exactly:

Respectfully Mr. Stephens, this really is a stunning comment. People did not have to be on this forum to make a judgment on this piece when they opened up their boxes. All they had to do is observe the head paint application, the change made to the backside and compare it to the photos on the Sideshow site to realize something was amiss.

I suspect you started this board so a community of collectors could discuss the good and the bad of our hobby. I also suspect you started this board so that consumers could gather and share all available information to make an informed buying decision. Now you're telling us to turn a blind eye and not interact with others by withholding information from what we all can plainly see? I believe this is fallacious reasoning. If you think "some people" told others "not to be happy," then I invite you to read the previous 300 pages. You will find 300 pages of blowback on this particular statue from the majority of posters.

Please do not allow friendships of business employees to cloud your judgment and objectivity over certain issues. Sometimes a product just doesn't turn out well. This was the case of the Rouge PF.

Thank you for your time.

~SixMil

:goodpost::exactly:

This post ^^^^ needs to be quoted on every page so the libeling, anti SSC, conspiracy trolls see it. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

The actual email from SSC's should be posted, removing any personal info.

Also, just as FYI...defenses to libel

*The statements you made were true
*What you said isn't a statement of fact, but one of opinion

The second is what most are guilty of, so it's not really libel.

Anti-SSC? Nah, I just saw a lot of Anti-Bad Paint Job Rogue purchasers/or soon to be purchasers.

Anti SSC change the boxes of the new heads of rogue

The hell is a bit compare to new heads MUHAHAHAHA. MUUHAHAGA

Well I know that when i get my response I am going to ask questions on exactly what that means. Does it mean we are guaranteed a new painted head if we opened a case in support? Does it mean they actually are repainting this thing? Im fine with waiting a few months if it comes out right actually. But Im not 100% sure what this all means. I know what I think it means, and what I'd like it to mean. But I want an answer on specifics so I can hold them to that later.

I think until we fully know SSC's response and the procedure, there shouldn't be a lot of guessing. As on the fence, I really want to know what they will do to correct this, so I (and others) would appreciate the updates. I don't think anyone is wanting to be anti-SSC, they just want statues produced to SSC's standards that they tout themselves. Also, the whole victimizing the victim gets old. SSC's is at fault with the lack of Q/C. No one can dispute that. If they have an acceptable fix for this, then that makes up for their lack of oversight.

agreed mistakes happen. If they correct this the right way all is forgiven in my mind. Thats really all we can ask for at this point. Give them a chance to do the right thing and prove that the SS name means something to them as it does to us. However we are still a very long way from that.

Last edited:

I wish I would have made a bigger stink about all the piss-poor 1/6 heads that Sideshow's given me over the years, if I would've known that if I cried loud enough, Sideshow would repaint it for me.

I wonder how retroactive this policy is. I sure would like them to repaint my ANH Luke, Raiders Indy, and the Luke/Han Stormtrooper heads, and Lando, and ANH Han, and while they're at it, give me a better Jedi Luke head.

I wish I would have made a bigger stink about all the piss-poor 1/6 heads that Sideshow's given me over the years, if I would've known that if I cried loud enough, Sideshow would repaint it for me.

If they were "piss poor" why exactly did you keep it?

:nana:

Back