Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually started off really liking Big Boss. I didn't really distinguish between him and Solid that much in MGS3, in my mind there were the same person just set in different era's. It was the endless games that followed that ruined Big Boss for me. Now he just annoys me abit

The Big Boss fanboys like to think that Snake is based off Big Boss... that's a special kind of retarded.

I love Big Boss in MGS3... and it should of just been a one and done with him. The whole "Boss's will" has been so beaten to death and it was never interesting to begin with. The whole idea of the formation of the Patriots just seems silly.

Peace Walker had the worst story in the entire franchise with Portable Ops one notch above it.

I hope Ground Zeroes is good and I hope the dead horse Big Boss is done afterward.

I hated the fact you changed to Raiden. Infact that's the sole reason that MGS2 isn't my favourite in the series.

MGS4 was just the last nail in the coffin for Solid. When they turned him into an old a** cigar smoking pedophile wearing a sneaking suit that closely resembled a high tech gimp costume

I'm kind of busy doing some work right now, so I'm just going to add some emoticons in agreement to what you guys just said :exactly: :goodpost:

Ironically, Solid Snake is the most unappreciated character in the entire series. He was reintroduced along with "Metal Gear" in MGS 1. But then, only one game later, Kojima tried to off him as the main character in MGS 2 and replace him with the white-haired, androgynous, fairy. Adding insult to injury, Solid Snake then became a sickly, and dying "Old Snake" in MGS 4 - when he hardly even had the time to shine in the franchise.

Just wanted to correct you in that Kojima has gone on the record as saying that Snake was the main character in MGS2. It was from an old interview with Game Informer a couple months after MGS2 was released.

His reasons where basically that Snake had the introduction and the ending monologue, hence he was the main character. He also said by playing as another character, you appreciate Snake's more. He said something about the breaking of the Handcuffs and chasing Ray down Arsenal Gear was his favorite scene, though I could be misremembering that.

Just wanted to correct you in that Kojima has gone on the record as saying that Snake was the main character in MGS2. It was from an old interview with Game Informer a couple months after MGS2 was released.

His reasons where basically that Snake had the introduction and the ending monologue, hence he was the main character. He also said by playing as another character, you appreciate Snake's more. He said something about the breaking of the Handcuffs and chasing Ray down Arsenal Gear was his favorite scene, though I could be misremembering that.

What Kojima says, what Kojima does, and what actually is, are completely different things altogether.

Kojima's reasoning for Raiden taking over is so the player can view Snake through another characters perspective and also it was a 4th wall mechanic since the player does not want to play as Raiden but is forced by the "system" to do just that.

But i don't see how that makes him the 'main' character. Just because the story is about him, you play the majority of the game as Raiden and to me personally that staples him as the main character and gives the game the feel that Raiden is the main man. Regardless of whether his story is based around Snakes or that Kojima said that himself

Kojima's reasoning for Raiden taking over is so the player can view Snake through another characters perspective and also it was a 4th wall mechanic since the player does not want to play as Raiden but is forced by the "system" to do just that.

I did like the fact you ended up appreciating Snake more and it changed my opinion about him to that he was even more of a cool guy than i initially thought, and it wash't until i was older and re-played MGS2 that i truly got to grips with the story and that in turn made me appreciate the intricate story more.

But by that time my opinions and thoughts had already been moulded

I did like the fact you ended up appreciating Snake more and it changed my opinion about him to that he was even more of a cool guy than i initially thought, and it wash't until i was older and re-played MGS2 that i truly got to grips with the story and that in turn made me appreciate the intricate story more.

But by that time my opinions and thoughts had already been moulded

My sentiments exactly. I loved MGS2 from the get go though, but as I got a little older I appreciate it so much more and it deserves much more credit.

I thought MGS2 was going to be a precursor to getting back in control of Snake in MGS3 but of course we got two prequels before MGS4 and now were back to not playing as Snake AGAIN

What Kojima says, what Kojima does, and what actually is, are completely different things altogether.

:lol

Yeah this is true, and it was an old interview. His opinion could have changed since then or it could have been damage control because of the huge backlash of Raiden at the time.

It stuck with me though, and I always appreciated MGS2 a lot for what it did. To me, MGS2 was the best Metal Gear game.

I enjoyed all metal gears upto 4. I did enjoy 4 even though it's story was abit burger

Hopefully Rising is more than a 1 week game

Played the demo a few days ago, and the gameplay wasn't that bad. I think I mastered parrying, quite surprisingly . But I found that the Zandatsu controls are kind of funky with the thumb joysticks. It might be better to use the PS Move controller instead - dunno if it's possible though.

I was pleasantly surprised by the gameplay (I was afraid it was going to be a button masher), I can't wait to fight agains a RAY either!

Hey guys, i've been messing about learning combos.

Try some...

Javelin: Triangle -Delay- Square triangle

spinning cutting kicking: Triangle square Triangle

Stripper Kick: Triangle Triangle Square Triangle

Spiderman Kick: Triangle Triangle Triangle (wait for the second kick) Square triangle

Breakdance: rotate left stick then triangle.

Falcon palm!: back foward square

I love the javelin :D

This helps too

Basic Controls

Left Stick: Run, tilt slowly to walk / Adjust camera in Blade Mode
Right Stick: Camera Control / Free Blade Mode

R3: Reset Camera

D-Pad Up: Augment Mode
D-Pad Left/Right: Item/Equipment menu

Cross: Jump / Aerial Recovery
Square: Wide Attack / Horizontal Cut (Blade Mode)
Triangle: Strong Attack / Vertical Cut (Blade Mode)
Circle: Action Button / Stealth Kill
Select: Codec
Start: Pause Menu

L1: Blade Mode
L2: Use Sub-Weapon / Aim Sub-weapon (While L2 is held down)
R1: Ninja Run
R2: Lock-on / Switch Lock-on

Advanced Controls:

Square + Left Stick: Parry / Just Parry (While the enemy is attacking)
Square + Cross: Dodge Attack
Triangle: Slide Attack (Ninja Run)
Square: Run Attack (Ninja Run)

Move Properties

Wide Attack:
Pressing Wide Attack repeatedly on the ground results in an infinite string of quick attacks. If the enemy is out of range, Raiden dashes towards the enemy and attacks at the same time. You can use the Left Stick to attack enemies behind you as well.

If you delay the next Wide Attack input, Raiden will launch the enemy in the air. If Wide Attack is held down during the launcher, Raiden will jump after the enemy.

Strong Attack:
Slower but strong feet-based attacks that have predetermined strings. Can be mixed with Wide Attacks to create unique strings.

Ninja Run:
While R1 is held down, Raiden will sprint, automatically vaulting, jumping and climbing over obstacles. He will also deflect small arms fire.

Blade Mode:
Consumes fuel-cells. Enables slow-mo effect and precise cutting if you have at least one fully charged fuel-cell. Can instantly kill unarmoured enemies. Others must be damaged sufficiently until their body parts are highlighted in blue.

You can extract fuel-cell electrolytes by cutting the spot highlighted with a red square. A small x indicates you are targeting the right spot. Many moves with long recovery animations can be cancelled into Blade Mode.

Parry / Just Parry:
A timing sensitive parrying stance that lasts for a second or so. Deflects nearly all enemy attacks excluding grabs and certain projectiles. If done at the last possible moment, Raiden will counterattack and leave the enemy vulnerable for follow-up attacks. Can be performed in midair.

Dodge Attack:
Raiden attacks and dodges at the same time. Use the Left Stick to control the direction of your dodge. Neutral input makes Raiden backstep. This attack has invincibility frames on startup. Many moves, including Parry, can be canceled into a Dodge Attack.

For those who are having trouble lining up the blade to extract the power cell you can just press Triangle & Circle at the same time when in blade mode, 9 times out of 10 this will result in Raiden slicing and removing the spine very fast in one clean movement.

Also when approaching and enemy for a stealth take down and you press circle to impale them you can immediately enter blade mode and slice in slow mo, this works for stealth take down from above as well, when you land and impale an enemy press blade mode and they will fly up into the air allowing you to slice them up and remove the spine.

Last edited:
Back