Media Metal Gear Rising 2 Teased at Taipei Game Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still gets me every time. :rotfl

Quinton Flynn is awesome, Raiden is awesome. Wouldn't it be the most ironic twist ever for MGR2 if they pull a MGS2 and have Raiden only playable in the first chapter, later to be a NPC mentor to a new cyborg? :lol

And the new cyborg is Solid Snake.

I really hope Kojima doesn't find those posts from a Google search. Might give him some ideas :rotfl.

I really hope Kojima doesn't find those posts from a Google search. Might give him some ideas :rotfl.

1397005915815.jpg

He's alright.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad that KojiPro never got a chance to make their version of Rising, because I don't particularly enjoy what they've been doing with the storylines in recent memory :lol.

Plus, it's nice to have a game like Rising, that isn't constrained to timeline of the main series. It takes place in the future, without Snake, Big Boss, or the Patriots. So, it allows for more creative freedoms, and for Raiden to finally take the helm as Snake's successor, without him having to be in Snake's proverbial shadow.
You're totally right. Kojima would have botched up a bit, and I think gameplay almost suffered due to stories. I actually find the story in Rising to be pretty solid, not just for the hilarity of it all, but some moments like Raiden talking to Jetstream, they were great.

I don't know if I want to see Solid Snake in another MGS with Kojima, all of MGS4...just shat on him. Seriously. He's old, he sucks, he's not even the protagonist. He's even demoralized easily - a freaking little girl takes away his cigarette and his psyche drops? That's not the Solid Snake I knew from 1, and 2. I almost want to play Twin Snakes just to have another go at Solid

And if he finds our posts, I'm not sure how to react. Flattery because he's noticing us, or horror because it might really turn into another MGS2 :lol

I remember you telling me, that you were in contact with the group that did the soundtrack.

I remember you telling me, that you were in contact with the group that did the soundtrack.

Yeah, plus Kojima has been visiting Platinum games a lot recently. It's probably not ready to be formally announced yet.

Remember, Kojima said that the FOX Engine dramatically speeds up development time so that's good news.

Yeah, plus Kojima has been visiting Platinum games a lot recently. It's probably not ready to be formally announced yet.

Remember, Kojima said that the FOX Engine dramatically speeds up development time so that's good news.

Outside of Arkham Knight, MGR2 is my most anticipated game right now.

You're totally right. Kojima would have botched up a bit, and I think gameplay almost suffered due to stories. I actually find the story in Rising to be pretty solid, not just for the hilarity of it all, but some moments like Raiden talking to Jetstream, they were great.

I don't know if I want to see Solid Snake in another MGS with Kojima, all of MGS4...just shat on him. Seriously. He's old, he sucks, he's not even the protagonist. He's even demoralized easily - a freaking little girl takes away his cigarette and his psyche drops? That's not the Solid Snake I knew from 1, and 2. I almost want to play Twin Snakes just to have another go at Solid

And if he finds our posts, I'm not sure how to react. Flattery because he's noticing us, or horror because it might really turn into another MGS2 :lol

If by the slim chance, Kojima or one of his associates finds SSF, I hope they register an account so we can have a long chat with them about our grievances :lol.

MGS 4 should have never happened, it really demoralized Snake's character in the worst possible way. The only games I'm really looking forward to now are the Rising ones.

For the past few years, I've been thinking that the main series really should have ended with MGS 2, followed by the spin-offs like what we're having now with Platinum.

At one point in time, I think all of us hated MGS 2 because we were too young and immature at the time, to really appreciate it. The storyline had so much intrigue, and mystery, it's certainly the most original work in the series.

Back