Wow...Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Gets Trophy Support

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest problem of all the trophies it seems is getting all the iPod songs since you need all 40 emblems.

I'm currently in Act 4, all flashbacks up to that point watched. No Alerts and No Kills. I honestly should of done the chicken run first. I will after this play through. 35+ play time is ____ing stupid.

2dbt3jt.jpg

2r4r8qw.jpg

Just looking at the trophy list, the platinum for this one is no joke. It's a serious test of skill.

I just got the Platinum last night. That had to be the most annoying Plat I've ever gotten. It took about 9 playthroughs to finally get it. It took multiple nights of leaving the PS3 on to get the Chicken emblem. I thought there was something wrong with the game because I didn't get the Plat but I found out I missed 3 iPod tracks that were in three mission briefings. The eastern Europe bike chase was the most difficult section of the game since you cannot use recovery items and you can only sustain 4 gunshots at most.

Last edited:
I just got the Platinum last night. That had to be the most annoying Plat I've ever gotten. It took about 9 playthroughs to finally get it. It took multiple nights of leaving the PS3 on to get the Chicken emblem. I thought there was something wrong with the game because I didn't get the Plat but I found out I missed 3 iPod tracks that were in three mission briefings. The eastern Europe bike chase was the most difficult section of the game since you cannot use recovery items and you can only sustain 4 gunshots at most.

Fantastic news! I'm on my PS3 for only a few hours every night so it's going to take me a while to get this one :monkey2. What's your PSN ID, btw?

Fantastic news! I'm on my PS3 for only a few hours every night so it's going to take me a while to get this one :monkey2. What's your PSN ID, btw?

SOLID_BOSS

MGS4 is going into semi retirement for me, I'm burnt out in it. I might play some MGS1 over the weekend, I think that is the only one my girlfriend hasn't seen me play since she's seen all the other ones.

She's had a crush on Big Boss since she's seen MGS3 :slap

SOLID_BOSS

MGS4 is going into semi retirement for me, I'm burnt out in it. I might play some MGS1 over the weekend, I think that is the only one my girlfriend hasn't seen me play since she's seen all the other ones.

She's had a crush on Big Boss since she's seen MGS3 :slap

Cool, I'll add you later tonight :hi5:. Mine's blade7117.

About Big Boss: I think it's his beard and eye-patch combo :lol. I dunno, women just seem to like him a lot for some reason - especially the ones that show up for the Kojima signing events.

Cool, I'll add you later tonight :hi5:. Mine's blade7117.

About Big Boss: I think it's his beard and eye-patch combo :lol. I dunno, women just seem to like him a lot for some reason - especially the ones that show up for the Kojima signing events.

Its the gruffyness and his eyes she said :(

I will be on PSN tonight probably playing GTA4 online free mode, I LOVE hitting people with the helicopter blades :yess:

GTA4 is another game I need to replay for trophy support added after the fact.

If anyone wants to add another freak to their PSN buddy list, my gamer tag is the same as my username here.

Just finished Act 4 of my second play through, got 50% trophy (It's my first time playing on Big Boss hard ~ surprisingly, it's easier than i thought.) Trying to get the "Fox Hound" emblem and that would be enough for me. Coz I'm no Big Boss. Never was, never will be :snake

Might try out the chicken elblem one day, as i have never played it Rambo style before. Got the game for about 3 years, yet i haven't touch most of the guns and equipments in the game :rotfl

Well, I just finished replaying MGS 4, and I have to say that it is, quite frankly, the worst entry of series (I used to think that about MGS 2, but I've changed my mind). It's a cinematic masterpiece, but besides that, it's a game that's riddled with lazy script writing, terrible concepts (Old "depressed" Snake, Raiden's extreme makeover as a cyborg ninja, etc, etc, etc) and ridiculous one-liners that make me cringe whenever I hear them.

If Kojima ever decides to retcon this garbage, I'd be in favor of it. Sorry if I stepped on any toes, as I know that there are fans of this game on the forum.

Well, I just finished replaying MGS 4, and I have to say that it is, quite frankly, the worst entry of series (I used to think that about MGS 2, but I've changed my mind). It's a cinematic masterpiece, but besides that, it's a game that's riddled with lazy script writing, terrible concepts (Old "depressed" Snake, Raiden's extreme makeover as a cyborg ninja, etc, etc, etc) and ridiculous one-liners that make me cringe whenever I hear them.

If Kojima ever decides to retcon this garbage, I'd be in favor of it. Sorry if I stepped on any toes, as I know that there are fans of this game on the forum.

From out PSN convo's you know I'm definitely with you. MGS2 in it's on way is the best entry. It completely changed the face of modern gaming in the last decade with story telling and plenty of breaking the 4th wall story and gameplay. And it has the most complex plot of the entire series.

MGS4 was a very poor conclusion to MGS2's story. How do we go from absolutely badass Snake (I don't care what anybody says, Snake in MGS2 is more badass than Big Boss could ever achieve) to Old depressed Snake in MGS4. He doesn't have the same attitude at all from MGS2 and doesn't seem like the same guy from 5 years earlier. It was like he just gave up his mission to find the Patriots. :dunno

I know that I must sound like a broken record, but, there's just way too much that I hate about this game :lol. Kojima had effectively destroyed Solid Snake, and reduced him to being unrecognizable, whiny, and old. He used to be wise and all-knowing - the type of person you'd go to for advice for all of life's questions. But, in MGS 4, he get's made fun of, disrespected to no end, and a wuss who can't even take his own life - when he's a fearless "legendary soldier" who has been on countless suicide missions. The only worthwhile things that he ever said in the entire game were: "It's not about winning or losing - it's about growing into a whiny old bastard (more, or less)", and that awful "lightning in the rain" nonsense.

I really loved MGS 4 when it first came out, but after getting off the hype train a few years ago, it just became blatantly clear that it's a horrible addition to the series. Playing it again for the trophies just reminds me even more of that. I'm not a mind reader, but judging from many of his interviews, I think that deep down, Kojima must regret making this game the way he did.

I know that I must sound like a broken record, but, there's just way too much that I hate about this game :lol. Kojima had effectively destroyed Solid Snake, and reduced him to being unrecognizable, whiny, and old. He used to be wise and all-knowing - the type of person you'd go to for advice for all of life's questions. But, in MGS 4, he get's made fun of, disrespected to no end, and a wuss who can't even take his own life - when he's a fearless "legendary soldier" who has been on countless suicide missions. The only worthwhile things that he ever said in the entire game were: "It's not about winning or losing - it's about growing into a whiny old bastard (more, or less)", and that awful "lightning in the rain" nonsense.

I really loved MGS 4 when it first came out, but after getting off the hype train a few years ago, it just became blatantly clear that it's a horrible addition to the series. Playing it again for the trophies just reminds me even more of that. I'm not a mind reader, but judging from many of his interviews, I think that deep down, Kojima must regret making this game the way he did.

1332304923407.gif

:lol

In terms of MGS 4's cinematic presentation, and the fluidity of the 3rd person controls, it's a good PS3 game (for 2008 standards) - but, just not a good MGS game.

How do we go from absolutely badass Snake (I don't care what anybody says, Snake in MGS2 is more badass than Big Boss could ever achieve)

That's exactly what Kojima and Co. wanted to do for MGS2. Essentially, make you see things through Raiden's eyes (the n00b) and put Snake on a pedestal as a complete and untouchable badass, or at least to look more so like one since he was behind the scenes at the time. Snake was clueless in all prior games to a certain extent as well (MG1, MG2, MGS1) when you were the one playing him.

:lol

In terms of MGS 4's cinematic presentation, and the fluidity of the 3rd person controls, it's a good PS3 game (for 2008 standards) - but, just not a good MGS game.

Lol No I agree somewhat. For me the MGS series has really been about the gameplay,controls,graphics and the freedom to murk enemies any way you want to.I didnt put to much thought into the actual story until 3, my favorite in the series. Since the begining I have always percieved it as a fantasy story so I never took any of the ridiculousness serious at all,infact I enjoy the silly stuff:)

My only gripe with MGS4 is we had to play Snake as an old man. I understand he did it because he needed to end the story of snake and he wanted everybody to feel for him,being all old and battle worn. But thats whats great about Kojima,he brings emotion with his games and with that a deeper connection to fans. That I respect and havent really gotten that from any other game. I was CRUSHED when I thought snake killed himself,really felt like I lost a good friend for that brief moment.:monkey2

As for Raidens role,yeah it was cheesy but in a good way. Did anyone else here get goosebumps when I finally showed up in game? The cutscene where he fights the gekkos and Vamp is still of the the sickest out there. I loved that Raiden turned from a little wuss(MGS2) into super cyber badass! I hated him in 2 and now Im super hyped for MGRizing. Ur right though the lightning in the rain was too goofy. Dunno just my opinions on the the matter.

Lol No I agree somewhat. For me the MGS series has really been about the gameplay,controls,graphics and the freedom to murk enemies any way you want to.I didnt put to much thought into the actual story until 3, my favorite in the series. Since the begining I have always percieved it as a fantasy story so I never took any of the ridiculousness serious at all,infact I enjoy the silly stuff:)

My only gripe with MGS4 is we had to play Snake as an old man. I understand he did it because he needed to end the story of snake and he wanted everybody to feel for him,being all old and battle worn. But thats whats great about Kojima,he brings emotion with his games and with that a deeper connection to fans. That I respect and havent really gotten that from any other game. I was CRUSHED when I thought snake killed himself,really felt like I lost a good friend for that brief moment.:monkey2

As for Raidens role,yeah it was cheesy but in a good way. Did anyone else here get goosebumps when I finally showed up in game? The cutscene where he fights the gekkos and Vamp is still of the the sickest out there. I loved that Raiden turned from a little wuss(MGS2) into super cyber badass! I hated him in 2 and now Im super hyped for MGRizing. Ur right though the lightning in the rain was too goofy. Dunno just my opinions on the the matter.

Not exactly. Kojima used "Old Snake" as an analogy for himself - being an old member at Konami, and wanting to pass the "MGS torch" to the next generation of developers. He wanted to end Solid Snake's storyline before stepping aside as the lead producer for MGS. But, things obviously didn't go as planned! He's still deeply involved in MGS with no intention of quitting, because for whatever reasons, KojiPro isn't able to handle the demands of such a franchise without his guidance. We all know about their failed attempt at MGS Rising, when Kojima decided to take a "hands-off" approach to the project.

So, where does all of this leave Solid Snake? He grew old before his time, and pass away without a whimper. I hate to say it, but if Kojima had actually stayed true to his word and retired from the series, it would have given more credence for him taking Snake out of the series.

Now about Raiden: Even Kojima himself had mentioned in an interview that he'd never imagined that Raiden would have undergone such a radical transformation as he did in MGS 4. He wanted to reboot the character in a way that would be pleasing to the fans - but it was just ridiculous and too extreme to remake him into another "Gray Fox" (in my opinion).

Yup, the cut-scenes are enjoyable to an extent. But, that's about all that this game has going for it :lol

Not exactly. Kojima used "Old Snake" as an analogy for himself - being an old member at Konami, and wanting to pass the "MGS torch" to the next generation of developers. He wanted to end Solid Snake's storyline before stepping aside as the lead producer for MGS. But, things obviously didn't go as planned! He's still deeply involved in MGS with no intention of quitting, because for whatever reasons, KojiPro isn't able to handle the demands of such a franchise without his guidance. We all know about their failed attempt at MGS Rising, when Kojima decided to take a "hands-off" approach to the project.

So, where does all of this leave Solid Snake? He grew old before his time, and pass away without a whimper. I hate to say it, but if Kojima had actually stayed true to his word and retired from the series, it would have given more credence for him taking Snake out of the series.

Now about Raiden: Even Kojima himself had mentioned in an interview that he'd never imagined that Raiden would have undergone such a radical transformation as he did in MGS 4. He wanted to reboot the character in a way that would be pleasing to the fans - but it was just ridiculous and too extreme to remake him into another "Gray Fox" (in my opinion).

Yup, the cut-scenes are enjoyable to an extent. But, that's about all that this game has going for it :lol

Sir you have no soul :lol

Back