Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Raiden's look in Revengeance but am super-worried about breaking arms. Anyone know a retailer that will just let me go through replacements until I find a sturdy one?

you're just going to have to accept that the arm will be broken or will break.

you have to mod it or just never pose the arms.

I guess anything will break over time. I've had him since release and he's one of the figures I tinker with the most. Joints are still as solid as the day I took him out of the box and I never have him in a neutral standing pose like most of the pics I see.

Yes it is, but some people are scared to do stuff like that for fear they will damage it because they arent good at fixing things.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just got this guy yesterday! Been busy fixing the elbows (Left was broken out of the box).

One question though, is the peg that the sword sheath plugs into supposed to move at all, or does it just look like it should?

Just got this guy yesterday! Been busy fixing the elbows (Left was broken out of the box).

One question though, is the peg that the sword sheath plugs into supposed to move at all, or does it just look like it should?
The sheath joints were poorly designed. They made it in a way where it looks great behind his back but stupid by his side. The peg rotates on each side by the sheath but at the hip it doesnt. Not sure if i fully understand what you mean though.

The peg looks a bit like the wrist pegs used on these figures, is it supposed be able to move like one?

Also, any tips on getting the arm covering back on? The right one keeps getting about an inch before it's back on the shoulder. The left one has two small splits at the corners of the shoulder opening which keep widening when I try to fit the cover back on the arm. I tried superglue to fix the splits but as soon as I put pressure on the cover they reopen.

Last edited:
I just realigned the rubber sleeve to the peg holes and reinstalled the armor by pegging it into the holes with a dot of glue. Never had an issue at all. You have to work more material from the forearm up to the shoulder then push some back down the arm when the shoulder fits right.

For some reason it's giving me a hard time. The paint is starting to flake off. I'm worried I've ruined this figure :(

EDIT: I managed to do it! I used some thin fabric to make a sleeve through the rubber covering and that let the arm slide right in. After it was in place, I slowly tugged the fabric back out through the shoulder opening before folding the rubber over the top of the arm.

Last edited:
I just realigned the rubber sleeve to the peg holes and reinstalled the armor by pegging it into the holes with a dot of glue. Never had an issue at all. You have to work more material from the forearm up to the shoulder then push some back down the arm when the shoulder fits right.

hey there, just wanted to know if you got my PM :)

is there a step by step info on fixing joints on raiden? I know theres a youtube video but it don't show how the take off the rubber arm without damaging it.

Note: looking to pick one up at good price...PM me if you have the EX for sell.

Last edited:
Back